• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFCliques are the worst thing that can happen to this forum.

Lol, I can't believe you're actually mad.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I didn't touch that freak btw. Mods must have sniffed his stench from far off.
Stop with the passive aggressive tone, silly billy.

I just don't it when someone doesn't directly reply back to a person's post and instead posts underneath as some sort of response.

I don't like it when Papa Papa does it either.

Devilman Crybaby bottom-tier though 💅

O-N-E

giphy.gif

It's human nature to form cliques, you ain't gonna stop it. There's a reason an entire section of this forum is dedicated to "Communities". Just remember to post in general community threads as well as seek out similar folks in a more traditional sense of cliques under communities. What you're really describing OP is asshole elitist behaviour a minority of clique members project and you shouldn't conflate the two.

It's easier to just say, don't be an elitist dick and be welcoming of new comers to threads and communities while exploring more threads yourself.

It's human nature to form cliques, you ain't gonna stop it. There's a reason an entire section of this forum is dedicated to "Communities". Just remember to post in general community threads as well as seek out similar folks in a more traditional sense of cliques under communities. What you're really describing OP is asshole elitist behaviour a minority of clique members project and you shouldn't conflate the two.

It's easier to just say, don't be an elitist dick and be welcoming of new comers to threads and communities while exploring more threads yourself.
Well said!

edbrat

I've been a peripheral totally non-clique GAF member for fucking ages, here's my take. The cliques, the inner circles, are critical to the community bc they post the most and keep things going for the majority who read more than posting. Sure they can spill over into haughtiness and shittiness but that's what moderation is for. I appreciate seeing the same usernames in the bits of GAF I check out and they do a lot of the heavy lifting to make sure the place isn't a graveyard. As long as the most of the usernames I notice don't piss me off too much, it's all good. And ultimately it's just a forum, there is outside and lord knows how many other things to do if it's not working for me.

I've been a peripheral totally non-clique GAF member for fucking ages, here's my take. The cliques, the inner circles, are critical to the community bc they post the most and keep things going for the majority who read more than posting. Sure they can spill over into haughtiness and shittiness but that's what moderation is for. I appreciate seeing the same usernames in the bits of GAF I check out and they do a lot of the heavy lifting to make sure the place isn't a graveyard. As long as the most of the usernames I notice don't piss me off too much, it's all good. And ultimately it's just a forum, there is outside and lord knows how many other things to do if it's not working for me.
Ok Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
There are definitely some cliques, sure. There is definitely a who's who. A few separate close-knit groups with some overlap between groups. I've certainly noticed.

I'm not really worried about being "in" with any crowd nor am I interested in chasing the "forum celebrity" status that some are. I'm just here to have good conversations. I attempt to recognize good posts and interact with good posters, some members with shiny gold names or high reaction scores and some who do not post as often. I think it is healthy to do that because it helps to promote good conversation on the forum and encourages those people to post more. I think it makes the forum a better place.

Not to mention that a little kindness and friendship can go a long way to make someone else's life a little better; in turn they will usually enrich your life as well.

If anybody recognizes me from thread to thread I hope it is for what I have to say and not for a good reaction score or any other silly metric.

TLZ

Banned
There are definitely some cliques, sure. There is definitely a who's who. A few separate close-knit groups with some overlap between groups. I've certainly noticed.

I'm not really worried about being "in" with any crowd nor am I interested in chasing the "forum celebrity" status that some are. I'm just here to have good conversations. I attempt to recognize good posts and interact with good posters, some members with shiny gold names or high reaction scores and some who do not post as often. I think it is healthy to do that because it helps to promote good conversation on the forum and encourages those people to post more. I think it makes the forum a better place.

Not to mention that a little kindness and friendship can go a long way to make someone else's life a little better; in turn they will usually enrich your life as well.

If anybody recognizes me from thread to thread I hope it is for what I have to say and not for a good reaction score or any other silly metric.
I just recognize you for your thiccness.

close up flirting GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom