• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamer Jesus: PlayStation 5 vs. $500 PC with 4-Year-Old Hardware: Benchmarks & Graphics Quality Comparison

Kenpachii

Your examples speak for themselves. LOL which is a game that's over 10 years old and RUST an early access game from 2013 which positive reviews stem from it being an adequate mindless survival game that lucked out getting its own identiy among the rest of the trash.

Quality PC exclusives are a rarity. That's why they don't win GOTY or have high metacritic scores. Consoles get them reguarly.

Consoles have the financial backing of the platform holder so it's a no brainer it's going to have higher quality exclusives. The closest thing PC has to that is Valve, and when Valve actually delivers, you can get something like Half Life: Alyx.

PC has all the funding

I don't like rust type of games myself at all actually, still u didn't got the reason why i posted it which the whole reason for that was that steam reviews > metacritic reviews for PC users. U got no argument against it.
U not liking a game is not a indication that a game is bad, its just u not liking a game. Otherwise entire sony libarary are dog shit games because i don't like cinematic games.

About money and PC, sorry mate PC has tons of funding from every channel u could imagine. The reason people don't make death stranding type of games or horizon type of games is because nobody cares for them.

Heres a simple list of money related stuff

Counterstrike - no clue couldn't find a up to date number
fortnite - well i don't have to tell u about fortnite
league of legends - 1-2b

dota 2 - 1,2b for a single event

let’s take a look at the latest TI9. The community has contributed more than 30$ million to the price pool which is 25% the whole money invested from the community back to the Valve’s pocket. This makes in total 1.2$ billion for compendium sales only! For the single event.

gta 5 online - probably more then a billion a year
cod warzone - 3b made in one year
black desert - 1,7b made
PUGB - god awful amounts of money
blizzzard games 2,2b

Newzoo_Games_Market_Revenues_2020-1024x576.png

Metacritics does not work when it doesn't account content updates on PC in games that go on for years and are not cut off and sold with a new title like what sony for example does with spiderman. Spiderman works for metacritics, league of legend does not as i demonstrated.

U got no argument.

Death stranding has no players, wasn't populaire even remotely at any point on PC is old but still was selected? even while pretty much 99,99% of pc gamers play other games and there are price pools for single events bigger then probably death strandings entire developerment costs in games.

The only reason i can think off goty death stranding makes sense is when u look at the host and what a massive massive fanboy he is from that developer guy is. But i could also see other reasons, which is what kind of people watch the show and what kind of people pay that shows bill at the end? there you go.

CYBERPUNK 2077

"I used the Digital Foundry settings guide video (before that, I was using dynamic resolution, which helps a lot with the gameplay), plus I overclocked the GPU up to a stable ~1970 MHz. And a 8700K CPU running at ~4.3 GHz (according to task manager). I'm running a few "Nexus mods", plus "Reshade", which will eat a few cycles"

"My 2080 is overclocked to 1960Mhz at 0,9V. I had to increase the voltage to 0,925V to run the game without crashes."

"Turn on static fidelity fx cas to as low as 50 if needed to see if you get decent fps then increase to get a good middle ground of visual quality and fps depending on your liking or turn on windowed mode and set it to 1080p or lower"

"At first i thought it was AF so lower to x8-1 but didnt do anything. Thought maybe it was DLSS but even with it off (i had it on balanced) it was still a mess. It's not just the ground but walls and even guns. I cant seem to figure out which setting is causing this"

If I didnt have anything better to do, Id find you quotes for Mafia, Dirt 5, DMC 5, AC Valhalla etc. EVERY SINGLE TOPIC is littered with this crap. But people will still say how consoles are shit, cyberpunk runs FLAWLESSLY on PC...yeah...People going out of their way, having voodoo dances in their house, sacrificing lambs in their bedroom...anything to get the game to run properly. Also you cant call yourself a "master race" if you and msot run at best some mid range rig and play games at 1080p. Unless you are one of those that has top of the line rig which is $3000+ , you arent a master race, you are a compromiser, thinking your game on mid-low settings looks better than consoles. "Its potato mode BUT its 60FPS!!!"

Enjoy your compromises and guessing game with every title you install in 1080p while I put my feet up, turn on the consoles and insert the disc and turn on my 75" 4K TV.

Seems 2021 is the same as 2000.

Jup really hard man

Look at this shit, fucking impossible to do so hard. its 1970's again where i had to make my own pc out of metal and code every single line myself in a gigantic house sized pc.

d1595ffb43ab3c680251209d46736499.gif

PC has all the funding

I don't like rust type of games myself at all actually, still u didn't got the reason why i posted it which the whole reason for that was that steam reviews > metacritic reviews for PC users. U got no argument against it.
U not liking a game is not a indication that a game is bad, its just u not liking a game. Otherwise entire sony libarary are dog shit games because i don't like cinematic games.

About money and PC, sorry mate PC has tons of funding from every channel u could imagine. The reason people don't make death stranding type of games or horizon type of games is because nobody cares for them.

league of legends - 1-2b

black desert - 1,7b made
blizzzard games 2,2b

Metacritics does not work when it doesn't account content updates on PC in games that go on for years and are not cut off and sold with a new title like what sony for example does with spiderman. Spiderman works for metacritics, league of legend does not as i demonstrated.

U got no argument.

Death stranding has no players, wasn't populaire even remotely at any point on PC is old but still was selected? even while pretty much 99,99% of pc gamers play other games and there are price pools for single events bigger then probably death strandings entire developerment costs in games.

The only reason i can think off goty death stranding makes sense is when u look at the host and what a massive massive fanboy he is from that developer guy is. But i could also see other reasons, which is what kind of people watch the show and what kind of people pay that shows bill at the end? there you go.

Jup really hard man

Look at this shit, fucking impossible to do so hard. its 1970's again where i had to make my own pc out of metal and code every single line myself in a gigantic house sized pc.

Lol you completely missed my point about funding.

No i'm not talking about how much multiplats make on PC. I'm talking about the parties who are willing to fund high quality exclusives on PC on a reguarly basis. They don't exist. That's why console games get higher rated exclusives.

That same issue you're talking about exists on consoles. i.e Gran Turismo Sport.

Last edited:

John Wick

Wow you are hostile arnt you ? , So what your saying is you buy cheap current gen gpu's from anywhere you can get them for way way under market value and sell them for 100% of their original RRP even though another newer gen gpu has replaced said older gpu at the same price point eh ? So you must be rocking an rtx 3090 by now then yeah I'm calling bs on that mate hell why not start a business you clearly have what it takes 😂.... also show me a £500 pc all in with Ray tracing capabilities and a better rated ssd than a ps5 that's supported for the next 7 years.... also I don't buy many games at all over the course of a gen I play multi player games and buy almost no dlc either and even have ps+ at a discounted rate I doubt I could buy/build a "master race" grade build better than a ps5/xsx for what I outlay on a typical console gen .
That's the thing with PC warriors like him. They think only they can get good deals or shop smart. They think console owners pay MSRP on everything and don't look for sales or shop around for 2nd hand games. Like I said my PS5 preorders and SX have me covered for this entire gen and next. Also I've got a preorder for an AMD 5900XT which i'll happily sell to a Gamer Jesus type for nearly double

I know I just explained to you I sold my PS5 and SX preorders to PC gamers who wanted the consoles for their kids for Christmas at nearly double the price. What's so smart about your shopping habbits? Nothing but Captain Obvious again. So as your so smart why are you on here all the time being a PC warrior? Why aren't you some multi millionaire with your higher according to you IQ? It's funny you accusing others of being console warriors but you love to jump in and defend SX when there is anything PS5 and SX related eh? Oh I forgot SX is made by MS which is PC....................
Unlike you I happen to have most of the consoles PS4, One X, Switch and PC. The only reason I've been winding Xboy fangirls is the nonsense they started spouting about the power and 12 teraflops since MS announced the specs.
Do you know how much money I have/make? If not, you are only making yourself look dumber and dumber. You do realize, many millionaires, are smart, frugal, shoppers, right? They don't just blow money like some may believe.

It's literally only y'all Sony warriors, that constantly try and pick fights with everyone else, pc, Xbox, and nintendo players. Y'all go into every thread and constantly start shit. I can play all the games on xbox, I have a switch, and I don't care for Sony walking/cinematic simulators. I love multiplayer games, and Sony barely has any. But thanks for assuming completely wrong, again.

Do you know how much money I have/make? If not, you are only making yourself look dumber and dumber. You do realize, many millionaires, are smart, frugal, shoppers, right? They don't just blow money like some may believe.

It's literally only y'all Sony warriors, that constantly try and pick fights with everyone else, pc, Xbox, and nintendo players. Y'all go into every thread and constantly start shit. I can play all the games on xbox, I have a switch, and I don't care for Sony walking/cinematic simulators. I love multiplayer games, and Sony barely has any. But thanks for assuming completely wrong, again.

Don't think I don't see your emoji reactions. We all see how triggered you get behind the scenes :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

John Wick

PC has all the funding

league of legends - 1-2b

black desert - 1,7b made
blizzzard games 2,2b

U got no argument.

Jup really hard man

So why is it the Console market is bigger money wise then? There are far more PC's in the world?
Also majority of AAA dev's would no longer sink big money into just PC games. You list Fortnite but I bet the majority of money was made on console

Loope

I would trade all Sony exclusives just for Flight Simulator. Sony games are massively overhyped and it shows when they come on pc hardly anyone plays them. Microsoft exclusives on the other hand like sea of thieves or wasteland do much better because they are actually great games with good gameplay instead of some scripted garbage.
Well, as much as i don't like most Sony games, they do have a diversified library on the exclusive side. +
I can say for example that anything by ND (the ones winning the gotys) don't interest me at all, but GoT, Bloodborne (if you love DS it's impossible not to have any interest in this game) and GTS are games that i would love to play, if i see that more games interest me i'll just buy a PS5, but it's not too far out there to think that their exclusive games are on of the strongest reasons for people that buy their consoles. Flight simulator is amazing also and i'm eager to see Avowed (because it is Obsidian).

I still to prefer PC due to the exclusives that play more to my interests and for the liberty to choose which graphical settings etc. i prefer on my games.

Loope

I know I just explained to you I sold my PS5 and SX preorders to PC gamers who wanted the consoles for their kids for Christmas at nearly double the price. What's so smart about your shopping habbits? Nothing but Captain Obvious again. Oh look GPU's are in short supply because of Mining and pandemic etc. Oh I can make some money here by selling these at higher cost. Wow it's genius. Geoff Bezos watch out. Supply and demand eh? who would of thought? So as your so smart why are you on here all the time being a PC warrior? Why aren't you some multi millionaire with your higher according to you IQ? It's funny you accusing others of being console warriors but you love to jump in and defend SX when there is anything PS5 and SX related eh? Oh I forgot SX is made by MS which is PC....................
Unlike you I happen to have most of the consoles PS4, One X, Switch and PC. The only reason I've been winding Xboy fangirls is the nonsense they started spouting about the power and 12 teraflops since MS announced the specs.
But forget to wind the sony fanboys thinking they have a console that will go toe to toe with the best GPUs on the market because Cerny.Right....

John Wick

Aww are you crying now cause I've used your arguements against you? I don't go in Nintendo or PC threads and shit on them. Get your facts right PC Warrior always shitting on anything Sony related

Man I just feel the seething anger coming from your keyboard
I'm actually on my phone. And again, what would I be upset about? Secured a ps5 for a buddy, which I could have kept, but I don't care for one. Why would I be mad 😂

Aww are you crying now cause I've used your arguements against you? I don't go in Nintendo or PC threads and shit on them. Get your facts right PC Warrior always shitting on anything Sony related
I'm in a PC thread smart guy. Gamer nexus is a PC gamer, building a PC to show how far behind the ps5 cpu is, compared to an extremely cheap cpu. That's not shitting on Sony, that's Sony shitting on its customers.

Md Ray

to show how far behind the ps5 cpu is, compared to an extremely cheap cpu.
Don't think so. Those games could very well be underutilizing the PS5 CPU (including XSX's), i.e. not tapping into SMT as they're last-gen games designed with 8 threads Jaguar CPU in mind.

In CP2077 I had so much worse 1% Low min fps dipping into the 30s which gave the impression that my CPU was maxing out/inadequate. Then I found out the game was actually underutilizing its cores/threads.

Here's an e.g. of underutilization of the CPU (this is predominantly taxing physical cores while ignoring logical cores)
hRah9yp.png

After the hex mod, CPU utilization dramatically improved while also improving the min 1% low fps by 30%+
3qVLOb0.png

Last edited:

Darius87

After you left me over 15 laughing emojis in the last hour, I would have honestly thought you'd have a funny joke. Guess my expectations were set too high, as that was so utterly lame. Thanks for the reaction score though! I can tell you are highly triggered.
that's what i learned from you.
question before i was actually serious but nevermind, you keep counting these reaction scores... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

John Wick

I'm actually on my phone. And again, what would I be upset about? Secured a ps5 for a buddy, which I could have kept, but I don't care for one. Why would I be mad 😂

I'm in a PC thread smart guy. Gamer nexus is a PC gamer, building a PC to show how far behind the ps5 cpu is, compared to an extremely cheap cpu. That's not shitting on Sony, that's Sony shitting on its customers.
Hahahahaha! You can't make this shit up? Sony shitting on customers by building $400 console that can provide nearly performance similar to 2070 according to DF(in certain games) and selling it at cost or slight loss. Yet Nvidia ain't having your eyes out is it with GTX 3000 series cards eh? No Nvidia are selling their GPU's at a loss because the PC space is special and full of smart people. Same as Intel that's why they fucked now selling CPU's below cost.
All you've done is insult console gamers with your PC warrior stereotyping. Not all PC gamers are like you

Hahahahaha! You can't make this shit up? Sony shitting on customers by building $400 console that can provide nearly performance similar to 2070 according to DF(in certain games) and selling it at cost or slight loss. Yet Nvidia ain't having your eyes out is it with GTX 3000 series cards eh? No Nvidia are selling their GPU's at a loss because the PC space is special and full of smart people. Same as Intel that's why they fucked now selling CPU's below cost.
All you've done is insult console gamers with your PC warrior stereotyping. Not all PC gamers are like you
So which is it?

4tbfst.jpg

Here’s another one

4tbh22.jpg

John Wick

Here another one
So was Assassins Creed Valhalla built with the Nvidia GPUs ground up? Or are you that stupid to assume that it is?
Yes it is or are you that stupid?? Don't answer that because you already showed you were. When did the 1000 series come out? The 2000 series? Oh was it Nov 2020?
If Sony can get that level of performance this early then it bodes well for future games that will take advantage of the custom hardware.

Last edited:

Loope

Yes it is or are you that stupid?? Don't answer that because you already showed you were. When did the 1000 series come out? The 2000 series? Oh was it Nov 2020?
If Sony can get that level of performance this early then it bodes well for future games that will take advantage of the custom hardware.
And? it will not beat many of the gpus on the market, or will AMD and NVIDIA remain sitting on their asses and don't do shit? You're awfully close to the argument the other clown did saying the PS5 will go head to head with the best gpus....

Kenpachii

Lol you completely missed my point about funding.

No i'm not talking about how much multiplats make on PC. I'm talking about the parties who are willing to fund high quality exclusives on PC on a reguarly basis. They don't exist. That's why console games get higher rated exclusives.

That same issue you're talking about exists on consoles. i.e Gran Turismo Sport.

Your high quality exclusives are 8-40 hours journeys on a console that on pc nobody cares for. ( horizon example )

PC high quality game content = 100-500 hours content in a update towards black desert online. how many games can fit into that patch? that is by the way not recorded but makes 1,7 billion for the company.

See the difference?

U keep talking in circles and frankly its pointless to even talk further at this point. Good luck.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

So why is it the Console market is bigger money wise then? There are far more PC's in the world?
Also majority of AAA dev's would no longer sink big money into just PC games. You list Fortnite but I bet the majority of money was made on console

I am not looking at the comparison between the markets i am looking at if pc generates enough money as platform to be able to make those games. If the PC market makes 1 billion bucks vs 50 billion on consoles then yea he got a point PC simple can't afford it. But that's not the case the markets are fairy close and with that u also need to understand that's the entire console market not just sony. which means everything that is still sold with games at this day of age so 3ds/switch/ps4/ps5/xbox one/xbox x + all the money they made from hardware with it.

What the split is u wouldn't know to be honest. absolute zero idea about that.

Snake00

Your high quality exclusives are 8-40 hours journeys on a console that on pc nobody cares for. ( horizon example )

PC high quality game content = 100-500 hours content in a update towards black desert online. how many games can fit into that patch? that is by the way not recorded but makes 1,7 billion for the company.

See the difference?

U keep talking in circles and frankly its pointless to even talk further at this point. Good luck.
Black desert online is also available on consoles.

A 5700XT, which is generally a lot slower than a 2080 Ti. See what happens when you're being dishonest as well?
Who cares? The 5700xt has aged great (in most cases better than a 2070 Super now)
A 5700XT, which is generally a lot slower than a 2080 Ti. See what happens when you're being dishonest as well?

Who cares? It's verifiably AT LEAST a 5700xt (which would probably be shortchanging it quite a bit--best approximate would likely be the upcoming 6700).

Most objective assessments put is somewhere close to the 2080. I'm only calling him this recently (used to trust implicitly for PC recommendations) but failed tech jesus is 100% wrong and embarrassing himself by saying that a 1070 was too fast for this comparison. Even the 5700xt is widely accepted to be faster than the 2070 now. So, we're talking high end 10xx cards or middle end 20xx cards. Just by that fact alone, the premise of this video is shown to be utter trash.

See the difference?

You still don't get it and you still keep listing multiplats

Sun Blaze

Banned
Who cares? The 5700xt has aged great (in most cases better than a 2070 Super now)

Who cares? It's verifiably AT LEAST a 5700xt (which would probably be shortchanging it quite a bit--best approximate would likely be the upcoming 6700).

Most objective assessments put is somewhere close to the 2080. I'm only calling him this recently (used to trust implicitly for PC recommendations) but failed tech jesus is 100% wrong and embarrassing himself by saying that a 1070 was too fast for this comparison. Even the 5700xt is widely accepted to be faster than the 2070 now. So, we're talking high end 10xx cards or middle end 20xx cards. Just by that fact alone, the premise of this video is shown to be utter trash.
It's a 2070S in raster and a 2060 with RT, so no, not close to a 2080.

Sentenza

There is no such thing as console optimization, hasn't been since the dx9 days 15 years ago.
People seem to think that "console optimization" is fucking wizardry, when more often than not in most shit released in the last 10 years or so it just means "Let's try to take away as much complexity and detail as possible trying to not make it too noticeable".
Lower resolution, lower distance, worse textures, simplified lighting and physics, poor quality AF and ambient occlusion, etc, etc.

Last edited:
People seem to think that "console optimization" is fucking wizardry, when more often than not in most shit released in the last 10 years or so it just means "Let's try to take away as much complexity and detail as possible trying to not make it too noticeable".
Lower resolution, lower distance, worse textures, simplified lighting and physics, poor quality AF and ambient occlusion, etc, etc.

4tcrdu.jpg

Last edited:

Md Ray

Not really. Devs still have a touch more control over the console hardware than PC, there is still a degree of low-level access offered by consoles for that console optimization, not available on PC. The Jaguar CPU inside PS4 is something equivalent to an Intel quad-core Q6600 from 2007, yet it was able to run heavy open-world games like WD2, WD Legion, RDR2 the way it did. I don't think a PC with Q6600 will be able to run those games like the PS4. It will be even worse.

Also, DonJuanSchlong DonJuanSchlong it was DF, not me with that 2080S/3060 Ti statement:
WvdX6jY.jpg

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Who the hell would want to build a PC with current component prices inflated like shit. Any "tech tuber" recommending people to buy PC parts right now is being irresponsible IMO.

The only relatively decent deals to be had are with gaming laptops (e.g. ASUS Zephyrus G14 etc.) that don't appear to have been affected by scalping. Whether they themselves are good deals of course depends on whether you were already in the market for a laptop or not.

John Wick

And? it will not beat many of the gpus on the market, or will AMD and NVIDIA remain sitting on their asses and don't do shit? You're awfully close to the argument the other clown did saying the PS5 will go head to head with the best gpus....
And what? Are you another Captain Obvious? You keep on stating many GPU's will beat the PS5, and What? Do you expect to pay $400 just for a GPU and expect it not to beat the PS5? I haven't said anywhere the PS5 will go head to head with best GPU's because that's stupid.

John Wick

I am not looking at the comparison between the markets i am looking at if pc generates enough money as platform to be able to make those games. If the PC market makes 1 billion bucks vs 50 billion on consoles then yea he got a point PC simple can't afford it. But that's not the case the markets are fairy close and with that u also need to understand that's the entire console market not just sony. which means everything that is still sold with games at this day of age so 3ds/switch/ps4/ps5/xbox one/xbox x + all the money they made from hardware with it.

What the split is u wouldn't know to be honest. absolute zero idea about that.
You make a good point. PC does have some big online games that have been around for years. WOW comes to mind lol. But like i said Fortnite probably makes more on mobile and console than PC. But you have to remember even the biggest devs need consoles sales. Crytek come to mind, with FarCry and Crysis. They are a shadow of the company that pushed PC tech forward. Same with Valve and Epic. Both have expanded into other areas and making games isn't their main priority.

Top Bottom