• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

VicViper

Going to be there for the entire week (17th to 23rd), having lots and lots of meetings.

And another highlight:

Tropico 3 playable at Kalypso Media booth in Hall 6.1, C054!

offshore

I can see Sony getting blown out the water by something.

A lot of people were saying Sony were going to have the biggest E3, only to get blown out the water by Natal.

Meadows

Banned
offshore said:

A lot of people were saying Sony were going to have the biggest E3, only to get blown out the water by Natal.

The Slim will probably be the biggest news coming out of the conference.

offshore said:

A lot of people say Sony is going to have the biggest E3 every year.

klokdol

Banned
offshore said:

In my opinion, Sony DID have the biggest E3. After all, Natal is a lot like PS Eyetoy and Sony had a motion control demo too. It also had FF XIV, GoW 3 or Uncharted 2 demoed...

There was a poll on vgch too showing people thought Sony had the best E3 this year.

Zenith

Banned
klokdol said:
In my opinion, Sony DID have the biggest E3.

There was a poll on vgch too saying people thought Sony had the best E3 this year.

Oh well if an internet poll said it it must be true.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
klokdol said:
In my opinion, Sony DID have the biggest E3. After all, Natal is a lot like PS Eyetoy and Sony had a motion control demo too. It also had FF XIV, GoW 3 or Uncharted 2 demoed...

There was a poll on vgch too showing people thought Sony had the best E3 this year.

Sony was going well until their Confrence started. It was all downhill from there. They were saved by Nintendo putting on an even worse showing than they did though.

klokdol

Banned
@Zenith : Oh well if a random guy on the net said MS won it it must be true.

A poll is better than nothing.

That's offtopic anyway. I doubt anything will surpass a PS3 slim + price cut + GT5 announcement in Cologne...

Erebus

Kinan said:
Tuesday,18th August 2009

note: UK time is GMT+1 or CET-1, CET is a local time in Cologne

16:30– 17:30 CET (14:30– 15:30 GMT, 7:30-8:30 PDT (Los Angeles), 10:30-11:30 EDT (New York)) Electronic Arts

18:30 – 20:30 CET (16:30– 18:30 GMT, 9:30-11:30 PDT, 12:30-14:30 EDT) Sony Computer Entertainment Countdown
LIVE BLOGS: Playstation Blog EU
Now I'm confused, isn't UK GMT or CET-1?

Furthermore, according to this Sony's Conference is scheduled to start at 7pm CET or 6pm GMT.

aries_71

klokdol said:
A poll is better than nothing.

True... but let's not ignore that every single generalist Newspaper in the civilized world was mentioning Natal and Microsoft during those days. Nintento and Sony didn't get many headlines.

Let's see what happens a Cologne, but I envision Natal making headlines again.

Haunted

Kinan, great job keeping the OP updated, it's appreciated. *thumbs up*

THE Caffeinated said:
Have two Game companies being in the same section together ever meant anything ever ? Like has say Sony and Konami being together ever ended with a new exclusive or something.
Of course not.

klokdol said:
:lol

BeeDog

*prays for GT5*

Couldn't care less for anything else. PS3 Slim? Pff, shove it where the sun don't shine. The Last Guardian? Pff, if they decide to waste time on that, then up yours.

:p

Kinan

No45 said:
Usually yes, but we're in daylight savings at the moment so we're GMT+1.

Aye, thats why I didn't want originally to add GMT time, since I knew that people would take it as UK one.

Anyhow, I'll be adding countdowns for most events listed, so you can just click and see how long is the wait.

A bit sad news that there will be no live streaming of the conference in PS Home events space, but materials will be put there "as soon as possible". http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/14/home-no-gamescom-streaming/

No45

Just had an RSS feed from Blizzard stating that SC2 and Diablo III will be playable at Gamescom. :)

We’re pleased to announce that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and Diablo III will be at gamescom 2009. Visitors to the Blizzard Entertainment booth, located in Halle 6, B21 & B31, will be able to go hands-on with both games -- a first for Diablo III in Europe.

From Thursday 20 until Sunday 23 August, gamescom in Cologne, Germany will be open to the public. You can find out more about what gamescom has to offer, and how to get there, at www.gamescom-cologne.com.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en/

Cruzader

Banned
offshore said:

lol. Natal > games?

Anyhow we had this BS discussion months ago.

Corto

offshore said:

Xbox 360 slim: 200 $usd with wifi 802.11n and 1 TB Hard Disk confirmed?

paparazzo

Konami announcing a Subsistence version of MGS4 planned for release in late 09 would be nice, and isn't too far fetched considering it's been 14 months since the MGS4 released and MGS3 Subsistence came out 16 months after MGS3 released. I guess the announcement would more likely be at TGS, if it happens at all.

Zen

Banned
I'm mostly looking forward to CCP's World of Darkness and the Age of Conan Expansion both being shown. Booyeah.

Aside from that there's the usual points of interests of the usual suspects that I don't need to itterate on. (I mainly just wanted to mention Wod and AoC expansion being shown off).

Sipowicz

Banned
i'm guessing this will be sony's show

europe has traditionally been a stronghold for them and they've got a bunch of european studios

Blablurn

damn, i just came back from cologne. and i had the chance to take a look at the convention hall. didn't saw much besides the huge logo at the entrance and some flags within the building. but i'm hyped! can't wait.

Blablurn

some pics from IGN

welcome-to-gamescom-2009-20090816082228011_640w.jpg

welcome-to-gamescom-2009-20090816082200560_640w.jpg

welcome-to-gamescom-2009-20090816082138607_640w.jpg

welcome-to-gamescom-2009-20090816082135686_640w.jpg

More: http://games.ign.com/articles/101/1014318p1.html

Naar

I was hoping I could find a videogame company to sponsor something. Is that usually done in the press only days or could I find them during the public days on the show floor?

I mean marketing people for the companies.

Also which entrance is it for the public showing? East entrance?

stuburns said:
I wonder why they're pushing it on PSP, the PS2 version should outsell it five to one minimum.

because the PSP has more of a future than the PS2. Sony have really been pushing the PSP in cinemas and on TV here in the EU.

Takao

Banned
stuburns said:
I wonder why they're pushing it on PSP, the PS2 version should outsell it five to one minimum.

I don't know about that. I'm pretty certain the PS2 version is going to be pretty lame compared to the PSP one. Same goes for Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

WARP10CK

Banned
The rumor mill about a possible ps3 slim reveal has really gotten alot of people (not only in europe) interested in this conference.

A cheaper lighter version of the ps3 is more than welcome but then again so is a ps3 pricecut

Kibbles

That ratings site is awesome. Looks like we will be getting a new Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Stand(?)Trailer as well.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Stand (gamescom-Trailer 1)
Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Electronic Arts GmbH
Altersfreigabe: Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 07.08.2009 USK Nr.: 25683/09
Sprache: englisch System: PC
Genre: Trailer Untergenre:
Splinter Cell Conviction (gamescom-Trailer)
keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Ubisoft GmbH
Altersfreigabe: keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 07.08.2009 USK Nr.: 25669/09
Sprache: englisch System: Microsoft XBOX 360
Assassin's Creed 2 (gamescom-Trailer)
Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Ubisoft GmbH
Altersfreigabe: Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 22.07.2009 USK Nr.: 25266/09
Sprache: deutsch System: PC

Top Bottom