• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

What about the new hitman game ? IO have worked on it for a long time and we havent heard anything about it at all.

But they probably need more time to replace Agent 47 with a underage asian girlboy.

There is already so much hype around sony
AGAIN
that there is no chance it can live up to the hype. I can't wait for the thread meltdowns followed by people mad at Sony for not living up to their impossible expectations. :lol

Chris R

Any clue if there is going to be live VIDEO of Sony's conference tomorrow? I'd be willing to wake up "early" and watch it, but if there is just going to be a liveblog, I'd probably just wait and wake up to 500 errors.

Egmont

Neo Member
rhfb said:
Any clue if there is going to be live VIDEO of Sony's conference tomorrow? I'd be willing to wake up "early" and watch it, but if there is just going to be a liveblog, I'd probably just wait and wake up to 500 errors.

The conference is a week from tomorrow. It's the 18th, not the 11th. :lol As for the livestream, I don't know.

Kinan

Added Activision to OP. If I missed anyone in the visitor's list, or put someone in the wrong dates, pm me.

I'll be adding links to all possible coverage closer to the date.

Chris R

Egmont said:
The conference is a week from tomorrow. It's the 18th, not the 11th. :lol As for the livestream, I don't know.
:lol I was totally getting hyped up for tomorrow :lol

Now I can kinda guess why there are so few posts in this thread lol

CTLance

Eh. I'm only 500km away, which is the closest I've ever been to a videogame convention, yet I have very little interest in going there. Strange world.

Take lots of pics and write impressions and status reports, neogaffers. I'll be sitting in my chair with an iced tea in my hand and read that stuff from the comfort of my own home instead of squeezing through the sweaty masses and waiting in lines to play for 5 minutes.

MCermak

I wonder what Bethesda is going to show off? I hope we see some fallout new vegas. Obsidian plus fallout 3 = win.

Maybe ES V? Maybe it is too early for that.

ram

people seem to forget, that the gamescom is like the games convention in the first place a consumer centric show.

dont expect (too) many game anouncements, its the place to try games, which are going to be released in the next months.

Haunted

Make sure to visit our booth (F21/H20 in hall 5.2.) when you're there, guys.

If you like educational games aimed at children/teenagers. >_>

edit: although now that I think of it, Deep Silver next to us might have some interesting stuff to show (Risen!)

edit2: disregard my previous ramblings, Deep Silver is in another hall entirely, we just have an event together on the 21st.

Kinan

BTW, there will be 4 "best of the show" awards in 4 categories - PC games, console games (PS2, PS3, Xbox360, Wii), mobile games (Gameboy, PSP, PSP Go, NDS, NDSi, iPhone, mobile phones) and online games.

In addition, a platform-independent "best of gamescom" award will be announced.

Tntnnbltn

Egmont said:
Fuck. I originally knew it was next week but somehow today got all hyped. :(

agaru

Haunted said:

edit: although now that I think of it, Deep Silver next to us might have some interesting stuff to show (Risen!)

edit2: disregard my previous ramblings, Deep Silver is in another hall entirely, we just have an event together on the 21st.
Where do you work at, Haunted? If you don't mind me asking.

edit: thanks.

KAL2006

Banned
So much HYPE for Sony's conference. I hope a U Turn happends and Microsoft announce 360 Slim (Natal Bundle). And some new RARE and Lionhead games.

Haunted

My favourite gamescom 09 moment: Level 5's surprise announcement of Inazuma Eleven coming to Europe.

;_;

Shiggy

Haunted said:

That's CyberLink Europe B.V. according to the gamescom website!?

Jefklak

I'll be there on friday. Exciting, Leipzig was like 6 hours driving from here, Köln only 1.5.
Can't wait, I'm getting curious!

sam27368

Banned
If Sony announce PS3 slim with a built in GOOD AA chip and PS2 backwards compatibility I will be over the moon....

chances of that :(

manualmartin

Neo Member
I'll only attend on Wednesday, 19th August.
Have meetings on Tuesday, but will try to check out Sony's press conference (but haven't got any invite yet...).

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
offshore said:
It just sucks that they'll be no video stream.
What? Really? Damn I was so excited about live stream of this.

dejan said:
For our small group of german hardcore rpg lovers on GAF: there will be a playable version of Drakensang 2 at the dtp booth (B030/8.1). :D

Oh my God. Thanks bro. Drakensang is so awesome. Cant wait for the sequel.
BTW those who havent bought it, buy it, its uber awesome.

Top Bottom