• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 New Trailer and Footage | Gamescom 2023

Shut0wen

I feel like people have amnesia about the whole GCS thing, because people tend to forget that the talent from that company left after the CEO pretty much embezzled the money and was a corrupt piece of shit. The people went and formed 4A Games and made the Metro trilogy. If this was 4A Games doing STALKER 2, I would have believed it, but since it's just the CEO larping and trying to bring back an old IP I never had hope. Then before the whole Ukraine war, they started dicking around with NFTS and I went... ah there we go.
Pretty much, even the talented ones that stuck around and did the expansions have all left, personally i think the games gunna be a buggy mess and never live up to the standards of the first game

Spyxos

Gold Member
UFaEMmw.jpg

Now everyone can see it very clearly.
I thought it looked better before, but this is almost a different game.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Lmao imagine shitting on devs who are in a literal warzone

GSC Game World, developer of the upcoming Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl, is reportedly looking to relocate staff to Prague in order to safely finish its game.

The studio is currently based in Kyiv, Ukraine's capital, though has understandably had to put work on hold while the Russian invasion continues.

Now, the team is apparently investigating ways of finishing Stalker 2 in the Czech Republic, according to reports from Czech journalist Pavel Dobrovsky and news website Vortex, which cites local developers who are helping GSC with the move.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Original game was delayed dozens of times, a lot of stuff was cut and never to be seen again, even Call of Pripyat wasn't the game they originally envisioned the original game would be. I just can't see them dethroning 4A games, Metro series and especially Exodus. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see it happening.

Ulysses 31

How do you downgrade something that we’ve never seen in-engine footage of before? This was always what the game would look like. Let’s not pretend that reveal teasers are what every other game turns out to match upon release. 🙄
This got passed off as gameplay so yeah there's some dishonesty going around here.

Bry0

Original game was delayed dozens of times, a lot of stuff was cut and never to be seen again, even Call of Pripyat wasn't the game they originally envisioned the original game would be. I just can't see them dethroning 4A games, Metro series and especially Exodus. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see it happening.
Unless you are just talking graphics, I always thought stalker was more compelling than metro thanks to its open ended nature and survival mechanics. I love metro but they are really half life 2 style linear story shooters. Exodus leaned on the open stalker style maps a bit more but ends up turning back into a linear story based structure in The second half. They really aren’t trying to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
What the...?
From what I know, they've problems with employees who's just leaving the company and don't want to work there, plus the fact that a big chunk of the original team left, formed 4A and making much better games clearly shows, that it really wasn't a good place to work even back then. I guess we'll see what they'll come up with in the end, but I didn't had high hopes for this game even back when it was announced knowing how GSC works as a company.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Unless you are just talking graphics,
I'm not, but it also wasn't great.
I always thought stalker was more compelling than metro thanks to its open ended nature and survival mechanics. I love metro but they are really half life 2 style linear story shooters. Exodus leaned on the open stalker style maps a bit more but ends up turning back into a linear story based structure in The second half. They really aren’t trying to do the same thing.
Metro games also have survival mechanics in a form of gas masks and other stuff you have to maintain in the working order to survive. It's not just linear FPS games like Half-Life. 4A did a much better job with their Metro games and even the first one was better than all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games combined and I've played them all. Each Metro game has something unique to offer, the first one was very linear withot much exploration, the second one was more open with more exploration elements such as railway car you can use to explore different parts of metro, Exodus was way more open and with even more emphasis on exploration, impoved workbench and weapon upgrades, much better story etc. Exodus is the best in the series imho.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were cool when it comes to setting, atmosphere and novelty at the time, but not so great when it comes to everything else - FPS mechanics, movement options, underdeveloped RPG systems, inventory, stealth etc. Call of Pripyat is the best of them though, but still not great, but hey, that's just my opinion:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Bry0

I'm not, but it also wasn't great.

Metro games also have survival mechanics in a form of gas masks and other stuff you have to maintain in the working order to survive. It's not just linear FPS games like Half-Life. 4A did a much better job with their Metro games and even the first one was better than all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games combined and I've played them all. Each Metro game has something unique to offer, the first one was very linear withot much exploration, the second one was more open with more exploration elements such as railway car you can use to explore different parts of metro, Exodus was way more open and with even more emphasis on exploration, impoved workbench and weapon upgrades, much better story etc. Exodus is the best in the series imho.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were cool when it comes to setting, atmosphere and novelty at the time, but not so great when it comes to everything else - FPS mechanics, movement options, underdeveloped RPG systems, inventory, stealth etc. Call of Pripyat is the best of them though, but still not great, but hey, that's just my opinion:messenger_relieved:
Oh yeah for sure, stalker is incredibly janky. Metro, especially exodus, feel leagues better. I just kinda prefer the more sandboxy nature of stalker with the alife system, vendors, areas like the bar etc. They are both incredible series, I’m a huge fan of both.

Stafford

Comment from someone on XboxEra

The most popular gaming “organization” in my country went to gamescom and covered many games including stalker 2, what they reported after playing the game is that the games problems go far beyond the massive graphical downgrade. Apparently it suffers from a lot of pop-in, not just bad but completely broken AI, crashes, clipping through other npcs and animations, npcs clipping through each other are what stuck with me but they mentioned more.

And all that within thirty minutes of gameplay.

This coming from a XboxEra patron, so I don't believe at all it's a troll.

This fucking sucks man. I say take your time, take all the time you need, unless it won't make a difference at all but I doubt it. It clearly isn't ready by any means.

Does make you wonder what the fuck they showed previously which sure as hell looked like gameplay to me. 😕

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

Comment from someone on XboxEra

This coming from a XboxEra patron, so I don't believe at all it's a troll.

This fucking sucks man. I say take your time, take all the time you need, unless it won't make a difference at all but I doubt it. It clearly isn't ready by any means.

Does make you wonder what the fuck they showed previously which sure as hell looked like gameplay to me. 😕
Well, first one was also buggy mess at launch so don't get your hopes up.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

DF impressions of STALKER 2 and their talk with the developers.

- Game is in an unfinished stage and will improve before release
- Lumen GI and Nanite are being used, but Nanite is *NOT* being used for foliage, just object LoD, therefore foliage pop-in is visible.
- DF were impressed with enemy AI and how they reacted to being shot at and how they hide from the player
- DF thinks Metro EE looks better 'at this time' but they hope this will change by the release

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT

DF impressions of STALKER 2 and their talk with the developers.

- Game is in an unfinished stage and will improve before release
- Lumen GI and Nanite are being used, but Nanite is *NOT* being used for foliage, just object LoD, therefore foliage pop-in is visible.
- DF were impressed with enemy AI and how they reacted to being shot at and how they hide from the player
- DF thinks Metro EE looks better 'at this time' but they hope this will change by the release

They seem impressed, says the Devs are in polishing phase now so they have a while to sort out any issues.

Bry0

I find it a little strange how impressions seem all over the place. Some are saying the AI is great, some say crap, etc.

I’m expecting this thing to come in a little hot. How much longer can they really afford to keep delaying this thing yknow? Still double dipping on pc and collectors edition on Xbox because I’m a simp though.

Last edited:

amigastar

I can't believe Stalker 2 comes out Q1 2024. Not with all that shit they had to deal with. But i let myself surprise.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I can't believe Stalker 2 comes out Q1 2024. Not with all that shit they had to deal with. But i let myself surprise.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's another delay, but I would be perfectly fine with it. They can take all the time they need.

Top Bottom