• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Halo Infinite - Everything You Need To Know

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest game in the long running Halo franchise has made its gameplay debut at Xbox’s July Games Showcase. We got 8 full minutes of gameplay along with a brand new trailer and plenty of interviews with developer 343.

In this video we compile all the details we know about the game into one super video for your convenience. We breakdown all the story details, such as the game’s main villain, War Chief Escharum, who is the leader of the Banished. We dive into how the game is structured and what exactly the upgrade tab on the menu is for. And of course we tally up all the new and returning weapons you’ll get your hands on.

Halo Infinite is set to be a launch title for Microsoft’s brand new Xbox Series X later this fall. It will also be playable on the Xbox One line of consoles as well as PC. Yes, even steam. Make sure to come back to GameSpot for even more news on Halo Infinite.

Thanks mods for the title change💣

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
343 from the OP video regarding a public beta -

"can't make any promises", yep game is behind AF.
The game is 4 months out from release, the only reason for a public beta would be for server stress testing, but already having Halo 5 released this gen using likely the same network infrastructure I can't imagine it would be needed. A "beta" at this stage would basically just be a glorified demo, not a beta in the true sense of the word.

The game is 4 months out from release, the only reason for a public beta would be for server stress testing, but already having Halo 5 released this gen using likely the same network infrastructure I can't imagine it would be needed. A "beta" at this stage would basically just be a glorified demo, not a beta in the true sense of the word.

I completely agree mate. It's just another negative mark on 343 leaders, consumer communication and ultimately displays the state of this game while further damaging the relationship with Halo fans following their moves. They've been on record for years and years about every Halo game having a meaningful beta going forward. It's clearly not the case. If they were at any point enabled for a meaningful public beta, by their own communications, it would have been near ready prior to covid.

I'm a huge Halo fan, despite what you may read into or deduct from my posts recently. I'll play and enjoy just about any Halo game that is put out, irrespective of mechanics or graphics. My statement does not exclude me from being critical of the studio or what could be though. It's shit like this that just perpetuates false promises, raising expectations too high and underdelivering consistently. I'm willing to let the past be the past, MCC/esports focus etc but when these sorts of glaring issues are highlighted it's time to call them out again and again. It's literally a repeat about communications issues from this studio all over again. Perhaps they need to go the CDPR route but so far they haven't produced games of that calibre to warrant such a blind faith in the end result.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I completely agree mate. It's just another negative mark on 343 leaders, consumer communication and ultimately displays the state of this game while further damaging the relationship with Halo fans following their moves. They've been on record for years and years about every Halo game having a meaningful beta going forward. It's clearly not the case. If they were at any point enabled for a meaningful public beta, by their own communications, it would have been near ready prior to covid.

I'm a huge Halo fan, despite what you may read into or deduct from my posts recently. It's shit like this that just perpetuates false promises, raising expectations too high and underdelivering consistently. I'm willing to let the past be the past, MCC/esports focus etc but when these sorts of glaring issues are highlighted it's time to call them out again and again. It's literally a repeat about communications issues from this studio all over again. Perhaps they need to go the CDPR route but so far they haven't produced games of that calibre to warrant such a blind faith in the end result.
I think pretty much every company deserves to be cut a bit of slack this year though, COVID has thrown the entire world into disarray. I get people are angry, but it's such a small and unimportant thing to be angry about at this stage. The game will be "free" on gamepass on day 1 - if you aren't sure about buying it until you've played it, get a free gamepass trial or a 1 month subscription and give it a go on release, as even a beta doesn't guarantee it will work in the real world *cough* MCC *cough*.

MP is literally the only thing I care about with Halo so I would have liked an early beta like Halo 5 so we could actually give feedback etc, but I completely understand it probably being scrapped with COVID happening.

I think pretty much every company deserves to be cut a bit of slack this year though, COVID has thrown the entire world into disarray. I get people are angry, but it's such a small and unimportant thing to be angry about at this stage. The game will be "free" on gamepass on day 1 - if you aren't sure about buying it until you've played it, get a free gamepass trial or a 1 month subscription and give it a go on release, as even a beta doesn't guarantee it will work in the real world *cough* MCC *cough*.

MP is literally the only thing I care about with Halo so I would have liked an early beta like Halo 5 so we could actually give feedback etc, but I completely understand it probably being scrapped with COVID happening.

I'm not really fussed about having a beta itself, just what the company raises with fans and then doesn't deliver. Covid is only 4 months old in terms of people working at home. How about the other 4+ years of development? It's a long time, perhaps they'll blow my socks off in the next few months...I hope they do. What I don't want is another MCC fiasco or H4/H5 GaaS that is limited at launch and takes years to produce content or modes.

Last edited:

ZehDon

So it wasn’t just me... I felt that whole speech was cringy AF
For me it’s not that it’s inherently cringe, but it goes on SO LONG that it becomes cringe. It’s a monolog, not a challenge. It needed levity. Two sentences. End by dropping a blood and thunder line - “Fight hard, die well” - and you’re done. Cool villain, bit of mystery, bit of personality. Mission accomplished.

But it’s over two minutes long as he gives his life’s history, a situational report of the state of the universe, his motivations. By the time we get to “Beeeeaaaarrrrrrrrrr yourRrrr fangs!” we’re into bad Saturday morning cartoon Villian monolog territory in the most expensive game ever made.

I hope it’s just for the trailer.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I must be the only one who loved the brute leader.

I like that he isn't just another paper thin, evil, want-to-destroy-everything villain (See The Didact), but approaches it as a hunt/competition, even with a smile, while hyping up everything that's going to happen.

That was the most fun trailer voiceover in a while for me, and something really fresh.

Plus, I'm sure that, in grand Halo tradition, he's going to be superseded by some galaxy spanning crisis, shocking revelation, ancient race returning, or all three combined, lol.

Vasto

I must be the only one who loved the brute leader.

I like that he isn't just another paper thin, evil, want-to-destroy-everything villain (See The Didact), but approaches it as a hunt/competition, even with a smile, while hyping up everything that's going to happen.

That was the most fun trailer voiceover in a while for me, and something really fresh.

Plus, I'm sure that, in grand Halo tradition, he's going to be superseded by some galaxy spanning crisis, shocking revelation, ancient race returning, or all three combined, lol.

:messenger_ok:

Top Bottom