• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Black Friday deals

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
gamestop again finds a way to be worse than Target,Best Buy, TRU (more than likely), Walmart this BF or rather Thanksgiving because fuck it nobody opens solely on BF anymore.

That's a plus. Thanksgiving sales are scummy AF.

bobawesome

angry-ronswanson2.gif

(I know / hope you are joking)

dl2XAGu.gif

Y-you got me.

So those alienwares stink? Cuz those prices are pretty attractive...

Assuming they're similar to the Alienware Alpha aside from the OS, they're pretty good for that price. Definitely consider upgrading to 8 GB of ram and swapping out the hard drive for an SSD. I've been using one for the past 9 months and I don't have any complaints.

Cheapest I've seen for:
R&C for $10
DQ Builders for $40
DX: MD for $30
DOOM for $20
Mad Max for $10

Am I correct that these seem to be the best deals on these games?

Menitta

As of all the stores, Target has the best deals for me. Deus Ex and Far Cry Primal, $40 total. No interest in anything else on sale.

Also it's closest to where I live.

Cheapest I've seen for:
R&C for $10
DQ Builders for $40
DOOM for $20
Mad Max for $10

Target has Deus Ex for $25.

Every other game on that list is a fantastic deal though. Not sure about DQ Builders though.

Wedzi

Banned
Cheapest I've seen for:
R&C for $10
DQ Builders for $40
DOOM for $20
Mad Max for $10

I think I saw Doom for $15 at Walmart for black friday. Here's a very useful google doc on the best deals (thanks to whoever made this) and where to find them though Gamestop has yet to be updated on it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JG8yUuE9zpAJhhj5aikE8QaqeMG4sJA2rTnfPyOiOuY/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1562863453

JEKKI

those looks like real good deals on Starcraft 2 and Steam Link / Controller!

has the new Starcraft ever been less than retail since its release?

and the Steam Link & Controller stuff... those are good prices??

Cels

those looks like real good deals on Starcraft 2 and Steam Link / Controller!

has the new Starcraft ever been less than retail since its release?

and the Steam Link & Controller stuff... those are good prices??

it's $30 right now, and has been $30 in the past

Keratay

Neo Member
Aww man the quality of the ad made me think that it was some deep blue-green fabric/felt xbone and controller. Would have been cool.

Yeah no Wii U deals anywhere, except for like Mario Maker or Pokken.

Gonna assume retailers are gonna leave Wii U systems on the shelves until they fade away or individual retailers clearance them out.

I can't believe that we live in a world where Walmart has hands down the best price and selection of games on sale for Black Friday.

Cheapest I've seen for:
R&C for $10
DQ Builders for $40
DOOM for $20
Mad Max for $10

Doom is $15 at Wal-Mart. I wanna say Deus Ex is cheaper somewhere, but I'm not completely sure of that.

I can't believe that we live in a world where Walmart has hands down the best price and selection of games on sale for Black Friday.

Why? They have by far the most leverage on pricing.

Lot of great individual prices on some older games I want to add to my collection. Despite the very nice pricing, however, I'm less inclined to pick them up because I just wouldn't play them for a good long time.

Still holding out for Best Buy holiday buy 2, get 1 free sale. Have wanted to get Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and FIFA 17 for immediate play. I haven't actually run any sort of calculations to see if I can just buy all three separate on sale for a similar price, now that I think of it, but I am factoring in GCU discount as well.

Well, I've been waiting for a price drop on Overwatch so I guess I'll dive in. But then I still have to wait to finish this last semester :( I played it during the free weekend, I know it's crack.

I'll also pick up Mad Max and maybe Doom. Are those $30 Dualshock 4's new or used??

SOLDIER

Which retailer do you think is going to have the best deal on an Xbox One S?

Keep in mind I mainly want it for the UHD player. I don't need 1TB or any additional game.

The front and center item on the first page being a mystery box of Funko Pops says.... something about the state of the industry.

GameStop is quietly hurting badly. They do a very good job hiding it, but that company faces some severe challenged in the coming years.

Gamestop currently has most of these on sale until end of day Saturday if you are Pro member.

Witcher, Last of Us, Batman, Mad Max, Doom, Battleborn, GTA V

World of Warcraft for 5 dollars. Nice. Is that the one that comes with the majority of the expansions minus the last two or three?

Also, is the Steam controller worth it at that price? The Steam Link is also interesting but I don't think I need one.

World of Warcraft for 5 dollars. Nice. Is that the one that comes with the majority of the expansions minus the last two or three?

Also, is the Steam controller worth it at that price? The Steam Link is also interesting but I don't think I need one.

Base WoW now always comes with all but the most recent expansion. In this case all you would have to buy is the base game and Legion.

HooYaH

Pretty sure blizzard is going to have it on sale on BF for WoW at that price.

Top Bottom