• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gary Oldman: Next Batman to shoot next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/24/gary-oldman-claims-next-batman-movie-starts-shooting-in-2010/

It didn’t appear that Oldman was joking, nor did it appear that he was speculating.

ace8p3.gif

with as well as TDK did you know WB wants to trot out the next one asap, regardless of whether the director and/or writers are ready or even willing

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Excellent--he's my favorite character in the series so far (other than Lucious Fox).

And I'm still pushing for William H. Macy as The Riddler.

Honestly, I'm happy, but I want Nolan back as much as or more than any of the principle characters. If the shoot is truly planned, it could mean either that Nolan has a plan for the script and will write it after production for Inception wraps up OR that they've found somebody to replace him and will just be moving ahead.

TheExodu5

Banned
TDK was a horrible let down, other than the fantastic Joker scenes. BB was better overall.

Not anticipating the next one at all.

I would be really surprised if the villian choice is outlandish like Clay Face or Mr Freeze even.

You have a pool of Riddler, Penguin (fat mob boss form), Ventriloquist ???big maybe, Firefly (pyromaniac, without the suit?)...I really don't know because the movies try such a real world slant.

thekad said:
I hear Kevin Smith is writing the script.

Kevin Smith and Michael bay?! They're just trying to rush this thing out!

Anerythristic said:
I would be really surprised if the villian choice is outlandish like Clay Face or Mr Freeze even.

You have a pool of Riddler, Penguin (fat mob boss form), Ventriloquist ???big maybe, Firefly (pyromaniac, without the suit?)...I really don't know because the movies try such a real world slant.

The character I've always hoped for is Bane. A super-intelligent guy hooked on steroids/HGH could work.

Anerythristic said:

I've always loved the clayface story lines.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I have a hard time believing this, unless it's a late 2010 start and not meant to make the 2011 summer. Nolan's a wee bit busy with a $200 million film to be able to move into another one so quickly.

Between this comment and Cameron Diaz apparently giving away The Box's ending in explicit detail, I wonder if WB will rethink letting actors talk at panels :lol

MisterHero

Anerythristic said:

Bane!

You have ultra-insanity drugs why not super steroids?

Honestly though it's hard to keep him Batman if all he's going after is mentally-deranged or morally-evil humans.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Bruce: Rachel gave how many blowjobs?

Batman: I'm not supposed to be here today.
:lol

Solo

Dan said:
I have a hard time believing this

I dont believe it remotely. Im sure WB and the Nolan camp have sat down and discussed it, but I doubt anything beyond that has progressed. Chris is 100% focused on Inception now, and Jonathan seems to be in high demand too.

Ive been saying it for a year now, but I dont believe a Nolan bros. BB3 hits before 2013.

FrenulumBreve said:
I've always loved the clayface story lines.

The mutant freak blob would blow my mind if they did him this series.

To be honest if they went the psychotic serial killer actor route from his first appearance Basil Karlo that would still be interesting.

The only one I don't want to see Catwoman is someone we might get now that love interest Rachel Dawes is out of the picture.

Downhome

mario ate my burger said:
Oh, "Oldman" Read Coleman :lol Was like wtf does he know about Batman?

coleman_wtf.gif

I swear to God, all the way up to your post I thought the exact same thing. I was wondering why no one was mocking this news. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom