• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gary Oldman: Next Batman to shoot next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Sapiens said:
No Harley Quinn Please.

You fucking fanboys are terrible.

Then who?

I personally think HQ is a great way of reincarnating the joker, without the joker. Batman also needs a female antagonist for once. I don't care if HQ is even just a side vilian.

Talon

I love nerd rage from comic book fans.

Christian Bale's Batman voice is too easy to make fun of, but the series is excellent as proven by critical and box office success. You can dislike it but to flat out call it shitty is short-sighted and asinine.

Anyways, I just love the atmosphere of Gotham that they've created. I might like Batman Begins better than The Dark Knight as a movie because I find the character of Batman more interesting, but TDK was entertaining as hell.

Nizz

bluescreenoflife said:
Wrong answer. They should write TDKR as if Heath was still here and put this guy in the makeup.

23792_charlie-hunnam-anarchy.jpg
Man, you read my fucking mind! I remember watching a couple of episodes of " Sons of Anarchy" and thinking damn, this guy could fill in for The Joker easily. Seems pretty intense on the show. Kinda has similar facial features to Ledger.

I must be the only one who's not really bothered by Bale's voice as Batman. :lol *shrug* I think he's done fine as Batman, although Ledger did steal the show in TDK.

Rapping Granny said:
http://festphanatic.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/joseph_gordonlevitt.jpg[IMG]

Holy shit, Heath Ledger confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Saw Brick yesterday. Great movie. He is definitely my (and almost everyone else's) number one pick for The Joker.

Cheebs said:
Same here. Another Bale Batman vs *INSERT BAD GUY* film won't feel fresh, I can't think of how he can do that and have it top TDK at all. TDKR route works best. a 3-4 year break since filming TDK with a 20 year time shift with some gray put in Bale's hair to make him like 55 can easily work.

The major problem though is WB will obviously want to keep this franchise going after Nolan and Bale leave the series behind after part 3. Doing a TDKR time shift for the third film will effectively close out the trilogy for good and they would have to start over from scratch again.

bbubububu Nolan's universe is all about being reality based. How does a 55 year old man jump around from building to building fighting crime? That's as realistic as someone jumping through plate glass

EzLink

Banned
Damn @ the back peddling. I hope they start up production soon, can't wait to see where they go with the third installment.

Sanjuro

I'm pretty sure I will look forward to whoever Nolan chooses for the film. To this point I have enjoyed all of the villains he has adapted.

Personally for the ones I would choose going into this film would be Riddler, Penquin, and Black Mask as I stated in a thread made after DK released. But that is according to a continuation of the plot in my head where Nolan most likely will have something out of left field as the past two films have been.

wRATH2x

Banned
The Riddler would fit the sequel well, I would like to see him being the next villian. Hopefully they do get Johnny Depp.

Sanjuro

Wrath2X said:
The Riddler would fit the sequel well, I would like to see him being the next villian. Hopefully they do get Johnny Depp.
I wouldn't want him to be the villain. In this film Batman is staying out of the public eye, Riddler could be his freelance detective taking up the news headlines. Penquin and Black Mask could be having a mob war.

As well I will love Nolan forever if he casts this man as Penquin.

i6wp6e.jpg

One of my favorite underrated actors.

Sanjuro

I.F. said:
If he uses Penguin he should cast Philip Seymour Hoffman.
It depends how they use him. If they use him as a central character, I agree. If they use him as he normally is now in the books, I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom