• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gary Oldman: Next Batman to shoot next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

samus4ever said:
Could you imagine the title if Bay actually directed it - Batman: Explosions
I was going to make a TF2 remark, but there already is a Batman: Revenge of the Joker.

2nheski.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Cheebs said:
Why anyone here wants a Batman film in 2011 is amazing to me. He won't be able to to focus on it till July 2010 at earliest. It would very rushed seeing how he writes them as well as directs. Everything crammed into 1 year, pre, production, and post? I want him focused on Batman with all the time he needs. Not to run from inception straight into it and do it all in 1 years time span.

It would be a MESS.
Really?

If it comes out late 2011 which is what I would guess if they released it then. I think he would have plenty of time. Just because Inception comes out in July, doesn't mean he can't or already has start work on the next project. I definitely could see the script and allot of the pre-production work already done. Where they could start shooting late 2010, and still give it a solid post production.

I still think they would rather have it be the big summer movie of 2012 though.

Not to mention, If Inception does good. I could see him taking some more time off to do another film before returning. If it does poorly then I expect him back to helm it right after.

CiSTM

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
I seriously doubt that Nolan will deliver a film that isn't entertaining in any aspects. I have enjoyed the man's entire filmography. Clayface is probably the only major villain that fits in a sort of supernatural category but at the same time he really doesn't. There are dozens of others to choose from and all could be excellent. The Joker is the only nemesis that you need to give a large portion of the story too, if he is charismatic version. That brings me to the last point, there are many villains with different variations depending on the writer. Even Batman himself has gone through many changes.

I didn't know Nolan was still on board. Well if that's true then I'm confident that the next movie will be good.

Unfortunately, the third movie is where every superhero franchise falls apart. Remember X3? And Superman III? And Batman Forever? And Spider-Man 3? And Blade: Trinity? In fact, I'm pretty sure that's every third superhero movie that's ever been made.

And after Spider-Man couldn't beat the curse, I really can't put any trust in anyone anymore. Something's gonna happen to this movie and it'll suck. Count on it.

WB wont move on without Nolan unless Nolan flat out says he's not doing another film. WB is whipped by Nolan, I remember reading that Nolan had absolute full control of Dark Knight, something that never happens on a big hollywood film and look what happened because of it.....second biggest movie ever.

If Nolan really doesnt know about this plan to start shooting next year, this might just be WBs attempt to leak out that rumor and see how much Nolan budges.

Banana Kid said:
Unfortunately, the third movie is where every superhero franchise falls apart. Remember X3? And Superman III? And Batman Forever? And Spider-Man 3? And Blade: Trinity? In fact, I'm pretty sure that's every third superhero movie that's ever been made.

And after Spider-Man couldn't beat the curse, I really can't put any trust in anyone anymore. Something's gonna happen to this movie and it'll suck. Count on it.

1. Nolan is a better director than every director of those films mentioned
2. Nolan doesnt seem like a guy that will hop on a project to make a quick buck, he'll take his sweet ass time.

wRATH2x

Banned
This could very well be bullshit, but I can't help but get excited. And even if they start shooting it next year, I still think its a 2012 film at least. Hopefully Nolan's still on board.

RBelong2Us said:
1. Nolan is a better director than every director of those films mentioned
2. Nolan doesnt seem like a guy that will hop on a project to make a quick buck, he'll take his sweet ass time.
Back before 3 soured everyone on the entire franchise, people said the exact same things about Spider-Man and Sam Raimi.

Dabanton

Banana Kid said:

Well X3 never recovered from Singers defection to SR and Spiderman 3 was a big fuck you to the studio for forcing Raimi to put Venom in the movie.

The difference with those movies to TDK and BB is you have a director who has a vision i expect he'll come back for one more and leave it at that.

Banana Kid said:
Back before 3 soured everyone on the entire franchise, people said the exact same things about Spider-Man and Sam Raimi.

Sony pushed for a lot of crap Raimi didnt even want in the film (such as Venom), obviously wasnt the movie he wanted.

And anyways, I dont think the Spider-Man franchise is all that comparable to Nolan's Batman. The first two Spider-Man films are quite similar to one another in a lot of ways, the scope from Begins to Dark Knight is huge.

JB1981

If Nolan doesn't direct, who would you like to see fill his shoes?

My pick: David Fincher
(never happen).

RBelong2Us said:
Sony pushed for a lot of crap Raimi didnt even want in the film (such as Venom), obviously wasnt the movie he wanted.

And anyways, I dont think the Spider-Man franchise is all that comparable to Nolan's Batman. The first two Spider-Man films are quite similar to one another in a lot of ways, the scope from Begins to Dark Knight is huge.
Be it studio intervention (it wouldn't surprise me if they insisted there has to be a Joker in it) or Nolan backing out, something's gonna happen.

2 years is a freaking long time for Batman. I need Batman this or next year. It's kinda sad that Heath Ledger wont be in it tho

Struct09

Dabanton said:
If they do bring back back the Joker only one actor imo could possibly hope to fill Heaths boots...

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/joseph-gordon-levitt/pictures/joseph-gordon-levitt-picture-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I could see this working. But something tells me the Joker won't be back.

Cheebs

Told ya kids. From AICN:

UPDATE:

I just interviewed Oldman and he back-peddled a bit on it, going from sure to the movie filming next year on the panel to a more "well, I'm sure they want to do another one... it might 2 or 3 years...

Dabanton

Struct09 said:
I could see this working. But something tells me the Joker won't be back.

From rumours when Heath died Nolan apparently did want the Joker in the third part,but yeah i can see him leaving Joker out of any proposed third movie. I hope WB don't do anything silly and try to rush him into any decisions, we need Nolan to close out the trilogy in his own style.

I seriously cannot think of another director who can get the 'feel' that Nolan has captured with his versions of Batman.

Sanjuro

Cheebs said:
Told ya kids. From AICN:
Well that was to be expected. It happens every year when you have actors being asked questions by the raving diehard fanatics. You don't want to disappoint them and feel obligated to keep them excited. I do think a new Batman will be closer than 2013, with Nolan or without.

Cheebs

It was obvious Oldman's original statement was way off because of Inception and Nolan's wishy washy attitude about the third film but you guys went crazy. :lol Now we can calm back down.

Frankly I really wish Nolan will be back he is one of the best directors in the last 10 years (I am serious look up his movies, none of them are fail) but this is unlikely to happen. but hopefully michael Bay won't direct it (unless WB wants to do this for money only)

but if Nolan won't do it, so do Bale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom