• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gary Oldman: Next Batman to shoot next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I would wait until 2020 if she appeared
harley.jpg

Nolan
or me :)
needs to prostitute himself to Kristin Bell to make this happen
bellharley.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Spider from Mars said:
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp349/DrManhattan89/harley.jpg[IMG]

Nolan [spoiler] or me :-)[/spoiler] needs to prostitute himself to Kristin Bell to make this happen
[IMG]http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp349/DrManhattan89/bellharley.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I would... ajbfkdsbasf [IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/24wufea.gif

jett

D-Member
RobertM said:
So will this movie actually be about the Dark Knight?

We already had one movie solely dedicated to Batman. TDK was dedicated to nobody, it was an ensemble film, and yet it was still very much about The Dark Knight and the effects he had on himself, Gotham City, the citizens and certain other people.

Plywood said:
You know what's the difference between you and me? I'm not wearing hockey pads.

WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT, I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU! ;(

Harvey was awesome in The Dark Knight also, its just sad in a Batman movie the only thing I didn't like about it was... Batman. :\

Wish they could have shopped in Kevin Conroy's voice or something. :lol

Its old but every time I think of Bales Batman voice I just think of this fan thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc&feature=fvw

I know it goes against the GAF Batman/Bale circle jerk, but seriously if he just held back a bit it wouldn't be an issue.

jett said:
We already had one movie solely dedicated to Batman. TDK was dedicated to nobody, it was an ensemble film, and yet it was still very much about The Dark Knight and the effects he had on himself, Gotham City, the citizens and certain other people.

Oh bullshit. I love TDK, but they only ever made it about him at the end, tying it in a nice little bow and saying "uh, here, he's living martyr!"

The movie was entirely about the negative forces that he brought out, particularly the Joker. Batman is a ridiculous entity, and so he brings out an equally ridiculous source of evil. It was the Joker's show throughout the entire flick and his affect on the system, proving his own points. The Joker might have gone to Arkham at the end, but he definitely won.

I'm pretty confident, though, that the next movie will be either about Batman's downfall as a hero, or his redemption.

Blader

BrandNew said:
Oh bullshit. I love TDK, but they only ever made it about him at the end, tying it in a nice little bow and saying "uh, here, he's living martyr!"

The movie was entirely about the negative forces that he brought out, particularly the Joker. Batman is a ridiculous entity, and so he brings out an equally ridiculous source of evil. It was the Joker's show throughout the entire flick and his affect on the system, proving his own points. The Joker might have gone to Arkham at the end, but he definitely won.

I'm pretty confident, though, that the next movie will be either about Batman's downfall as a hero, or his redemption.

Yes...it was all about the forces that Batman brought out. You just proved jett's point. :lol

And it was more than just the Joker. Batman inspired the copycats, Dent, Gordon and the MCU, etc. The movie really is about the effect that Batman has on the city.

MisterHero

I like Kevin Conroy but his best Batman work was always in the DCAU. It kinda bothered me in the Gotham Knight shorts.

Public Enemy should be good times though

mollipen

Conrad Link said:
Better than Bale grunting out lines surrounded by regular sounding people in the same dark and moody setting did.

Seriously, the "OMG Batman's voice is so stupid" argument are just ridiculous. His voice isn't that bad.

Tim-E

MisterHero said:
wasn't he in a movie with ledger? I thought I saw it somewhere. oh well

They were both in "10 Things I Hate About You." This means that Julia Stiles will be cast as the new Rachel. Oh wait.

wRATH2x

Banned
Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
The Batvoice is pretty great in Batman Begins; it goes a bit over the top in TDK, but I think the degree to which it is a detriment is vastly overstated by most.
I agree.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Heath Ledger ain't dead. His death was a huge publicity stunt and they are currently filming Batman: Return of the Joker which will be announced in a short time. It will be the greatest announcement the world has ever witnessed.

BELIEVE!

Spider from Mars said:
harley.jpg

Nolan
bellharley.jpg

I don't know much about Batman but I would definitely be interested in HQ....

Hasn't Nolan stated that he enjoys the fact that the third film will be a challenge (As most third entries are shit)? I would like to see him take on the challenge of having a solid female antagonist...one that is neither just a regular femme fatale nor a feminist super bitch.

Holtz

Shocker:
I just interviewed Oldman and he back-peddled a bit on it, going from sure to the movie filming next year on the panel to a more "well, I'm sure they want to do another one... it might 2 or 3 years..." I'll have the exact quote for you in my interview, which I hope to have up tomorrow, but maybe them horses need holdin'. Or maybe he slipped and got an earful from Warners. What do you folks think?
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41811

darkwings said:
No Ledger - No sale
DanielDay-Lewis-2.jpg

Tall, lanky..same height as Heath's.
Incredibly great actor.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Bruce: Rachel gave how many blowjobs?

b4evrn.gif

Batman: I'm not supposed to be here today.
:lol

060313_JGLevitt_4p.widec.jpg

As for Josepth Gordon-Levvit..
He is too much of a teenager to be playing roles as mature as the Jokers. Not only that but aside from his facial resemblance, his figure is far different from Heath's.

Ardorx

Banned
Black Mask is the only correct choice for the next villain, since most of you are so ready to re-cast ledger.

I though about this since Batman Begins, so just stay with me:

Keep his origin basically the same only his mother died after giving birth(no dropped on head, please) which made his father kinda hate him. His father was also actually friends with Thomas Wayne and didn't hate him in private. Roman's father dies of old age and leaves his company and fortune to none other than Thomas Wayne's son and Romans childhood "friend", Bruce Wayne.

Roman snaps and goes to the family mausoleum and just like in the comics carved a mask out of the coffin lid taking on the persona of the Black Mask.

From there he not only attacks Bruce Wayne and tries to discredit him, but also goes after Batman because he sees him as a threat to his plans. I'd like to see a combination of the whole kidnapping of Wayne executives(complete with an attempt on Lucius Fox) and the War Games arc.

Cheebs

Spider from Mars said:
harley.jpg

Nolan
bellharley.jpg
Not Kristen Bell though, she is not a good enough actress to be in a Nolan Batman movie.

Solo

Tim-E said:
SOLO WINS
SpeedingUptoStop said:
SOLO GOT THE BEST OF US.
ezekial45 said:
PEOPLE WILL LOSE HOPE.
PhoenixDark said:
Solo died for our sins
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Solo is just typical comic book morality.
I.F. said:
SOLO TOOK THE BEST OF US AND TORE HIM DOWN.
DMczaf said:

Holy fuck! This is why GAF rocks. Love you guys :lol :lol :lol

Also................

YA SEE, IM A MAN OF MY WORD.................MUAHAhAHAHAHHAHAHahaha

Arjen

I was thinking, the origin story of Bane would be so awesome to see on film, but i don't think the rest of the Knightfall story would work in one film, way to long.

Arjen said:
I was thinking, the origin story of Bane would be so awesome to see on film, but i don't think the rest of the Knightfall story would work in one film, way to long.

You don't need an origin. Joker didn't...well he told us 3 different stories but it didn't take up an entire act.

Cheebs

Solo said:
Holy fuck! This is why GAF rocks. Love you guys :lol :lol :lol

Also................

YA SEE, IM A MAN OF MY WORD.................MUAHAhAHAHAHHAHAHahaha

The sad thing is it was obvious Oldman was mistaken from the get go. What did the others guys think, Inception was some small indy film or something? :lol

Lebron

bangladesh said:
He is too much of a teenager to be playing roles as mature as the Jokers.
You sound like the ones claiming Ledger was too much of a pretty boy to play the Joker when he was first cast.

As for Harley Quinn, you're all crazy. Fairuza Balk is the obvious choice.

Arjen

Teh Hamburglar said:
You don't need an origin. Joker didn't...well he told us 3 different stories but it didn't take up an entire act.

True, but i always found the origin of Bane intriging somewho, i think i read that comic at least ten times, it would look fantastic on big screen, and it's a pretty dark story which would fit in the style of the last 2 films

Cheebs

bangladesh said:
He is too much of a teenager to be playing roles as mature as the Jokers. Not only that but aside from his facial resemblance, his figure is far different from Heath's.

Heath Ledger at the time of filming TDK - 27
Josepth Gordon-Levvit - 28

JimiNutz

Banned
Needs to be set a long time after TDK (obviously call it The Dark Knight Returns)
Gotham has been without Batman for 10 years. Batman returns after a man/woman calling himself/herself 'The Joker' begins a new campaign of terror on Gotham.

They could, either cast somebody that looks vaguely like Ledger, and pretend it his him 10 years after the events of TDK (probably a bad idea). Or better yet, they simply cast somebody that is going to offer a completely new take on the character and say that this new Joker was inspired by the actions of the old Joker (maybe you could even have multiple 'Joker' characters?)

Maybe chuck a Mob Boss (Penguin), or Bane done correctly, into the mix to increase the threat to Gotham. They could even introduce a new character who plays a Robin like role (younger guy with a similar past to Bruce) that Bruce trains and maybe hands over the Batman mantle to at the end, thus paving the way for a new trilogy of Batman movies, with a new actor as Batman.

Lebron said:
You sound like the ones claiming Ledger was too much of a pretty boy to play the Joker when he was first cast.

As for Harley Quinn, you're all crazy. Fairuza Balk is the obvious choice.
Nah lol I was never one of those people to say that.. Both Ledger and Gordon-Levitt were in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, though. In comparison, Heath's height and form just bullies Gordon Levitt's. (Heath - 6'1, Gordon-Levitt 5'10)

Also, I think Fairuza Balk would make for a fantastic Harley Quinn. :D

Cheebs said:
Heath Ledger at the time of filming TDK - 27
Josepth Gordon-Levvit - 28
He still comes off as younger, especially in his latest movie 500 Days Of Summer. And again, we've also got the height issue..

Cheebs

bangladesh said:
He still comes off as younger, especially in his latest movie 500 Days Of Summer. And again, we've also got the height issue..
People had the exact same young looking/pretty boy concerns as Ledger. I don't think he'll be in it or anything but your argument is the exact same one as ledger had lol.

Solo

In total agreement that this should go the TDKR route. Show Gotham 20 years in the future, with Bruce no longer fighting crime, and being a crotchety old bastard (should be like riding a bike for Bale amirite) alone in his mansion, with Alfred long dead.

EDIT: Levitt is also more talented than Ledger. So if anyone could fill the role, looks AND performance wise, it would be Levitt. But we should all know by now that the fan-wank consensus picks never happen, so Levitt will never be cast. Sorry for you guys also championing Michael Emerson for the Riddler, too. It will never happen.

Cheebs

Solo said:
In total agreement that this should go the TDKR route. Show Gotham 20 years in the future, with Bruce no longer fighting crime, and being a crotchety old bastard (should be like riding a bike for Bale amirite) alone in his mansion, with Alfred long dead.
Same here. Another Bale Batman vs *INSERT BAD GUY* film won't feel fresh, I can't think of how he can do that and have it top TDK at all. TDKR route works best. a 3-4 year break since filming TDK with a 20 year time shift with some gray put in Bale's hair to make him like 55 can easily work.

The major problem though is WB will obviously want to keep this franchise going after Nolan and Bale leave the series behind after part 3. Doing a TDKR time shift for the third film will effectively close out the trilogy for good and they would have to start over from scratch again.

gdt

Solo said:

EDIT: Levitt is also more talented than Ledger. So if anyone could fill the role, looks AND performance wise, it would be Levitt. But we should all know by now that the fan-wank consensus picks never happen, so Levitt will never be cast. Sorry for you guys also championing Michael Emerson for the Riddler, too. It will never happen.

Wow, I've never heard of Emerson as Riddler.

That would be awesome.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Christina Ricci is such a great actress for the role. I'd definitely go day one if she portrayed Quinn.
celebrity_tattoo_christina_ricci.jpg

Looks like I'm not the first, to come up with the idea:
Harley_Quinn_by_Gato_Chico.png

Cheebs said:
People had the exact same young looking/pretty boy concerns as Ledger. I don't think he'll be in it or anything but your argument is the exact same one as ledger had lol.
I did not think Heath Ledger was too young or pretty boy-looking after watching I'm Not There and Brokeback Mountain.

Whatever though, to each their own I guess.

Hey look I found a shop'd Daniel Day-Lewis Joker: (This could possibly do very well if they'd choose to go with TDKR)
ddljokerta1.jpg

:D

JimiNutz

Banned
Cheebs said:
Same here. Another Bale Batman vs *INSERT BAD GUY* film won't feel fresh, I can't think of how he can do that and have it top TDK at all. TDKR route works best. a 3-4 year break since filming TDK with a 20 year time shift with some gray put in Bale's hair to make him like 55 can easily work.

The major problem though is WB will obviously want to keep this franchise going after Nolan and Bale leave the series behind after part 3. Doing a TDKR time shift for the third film will effectively close out the trilogy for good and they would have to start over from scratch again.

Maybe they could have Bruce hand over the Batman mantle to another character at the end of the next movie.
That way WB could make another trilogy of Batman films with another actor in the Batman role.

Obviously WB would love to make more Batman movies with Bale and Nolan, but I doubt that's gonna happen. Can't see Bale doing more than 3, and I don't even think Nolan will be back to do this one.

They're going to need to find a new cast/director pairing for Batman 4, so why not have Bale hand over the mantle to a different character at the end of 3?

Blader

Cheebs said:
The sad thing is it was obvious Oldman was mistaken from the get go. What did the others guys think, Inception was some small indy film or something? :lol

Inception is just the code name for Batman 3. Nolan though "Rory's Second Kiss" would be too obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom