• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gary Oldman: Next Batman to shoot next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Well Warner Bros always has a huge tentpole release every year, which has their biggest film in July. 2008: The Dark Knight, 2009: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 2010: Inception, 2011: The Green Lantern, 2012: The Dark Knight Returns :)

I don't see how 2012 is not possible. Mid-2010, Inception will be done, and then he will obviously take a break and then start filming the next Batman in 2011. 2013 is stretching it.

Rur0ni

200px-TempleFugate.jpg

Dabanton

Lakitu said:
Well Warner Bros always has a huge tentpole release every year, which has their biggest film in July. 2008: The Dark Knight, 2009: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 2010: Inception, 2011: The Green Lantern, 2012: The Dark Knight Returns :)

I don't see how 2012 is not possible. Mid-2010, Inception will be done, and then he will obviously take a break and then start filming the next Batman in 2011. 2013 is stretching it.

When are The final Harry Potters out? i think Warners would see them more as a tentpole release rather than something like GL that's if they don't return to the usual christmas release dates for HP.

Jill Sandwich said:
Oh Jesus please make this franchise stop :'(

Why?

MisterHero

Maybe they can work on Superman in the meantime? The rights are apparently going back to the Siegels/Schusters in 2013 unless they work something out.

DMczaf said:
That weird guy looks like the success story guy from the Winning in the Cash Flow business infomercial.

Fatalah

Not to state the obvious but
it really sucks Heath's not around to continue what he built on in TDK. Simply amazing acting.

Mudkips

Banned
About as long-awaited as L4D 2.

Too soon. Will suck.

I hate Bale as Batman too, (LOL WE CAN TURN UP THE BASS ON HIS VOICE TO 11!), but I can see how others like it. The other batman movies were, uh, well... yeah. But a third Bale one already? C'mon...

Lebron

Jill Sandwich said:
Sorry I just find Bale's interpretation of Batman utterly boring. The whole thing is stale bread.
He needs to ease up in the voice department for the third movie. That shit is played out.

Helmholtz

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully the next villain can step up and deliver a great performance like Heath Ledger did. I also hope Bale fine tunes his batman to give a stronger delivery.

DMczaf

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

I attended Warner Bros.' Comic Con presser with a select few journalists this afternoon here in San Diego. More on that -- in particular JONAH HEX and SHERLOCK HOLMES -- shortly (and elsewhere on BOF). Anyway, the great Gary Oldman was there as well promoting THE BOOK OF ELI as yes, he was asked about his earlier BATMAN 3 comments. His response: "I've been a rather naughty boy today."

Take that for what you will. But I'm pretty damn sure that Gary wasn't simply F'n with the fanboys in Hall H, OK.

Dabanton

So there was a bit of truth in his comments, obviously we would never have realistically seen one next year but the wheels have obviously began to slowly grind into motion...

As for the Bale voice thing you can see why the character would put on that voice, 'realistically' Bruce Wayne's voice would be easily identifiable also if a man in rubber suit was shouting at me like that i would shit my pants, unless the characters in his world suffer from 'supermanitis' wheras close colleagues and hardened newshounds fail to see that a man has taken his glasses off. :lol

Dabanton

ZeroGravity said:
Maybe third time will be the charm in me actually giving a damn about these movies.

If you didn't like the first 2 then why would the third part change your mind?

The third film will no doubt tonally be the same.

Blader

Scullibundo said:
What exactly is this Solo business? What should he be gloating about?

That Batman 3 would release in 2013 and not 2011.

Since nothing about anything has been confirmed, though, it seems kind of stupid to gloat.

Hated the first one, liked the 2nd... but only cause of Heath's Joker. :( So obviously not anticipating another one so much. ;(

I can't stand Bale as Batman, maybe if he changed the f**king voice, its ridiculous, I can't believe when he started doing that people were like "PERFECT! KEEP DOING THAT!" Tries way too hard, forces the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark grrrrrr and just sounds dumb.

:lol @ the Gordon quotes on the first page, I watched The Dark Knight the other day again and still lol at the "He's the hero we need but don't deserve" or whatever it is crap. :lol

Sanjuro

Conrad Link said:
Hated the first one, liked the 2nd... but only cause of Heath's Joker. :( So obviously not anticipating another one so much. ;(

I can't stand Bale as Batman, maybe if he changed the f**king voice, its ridiculous, I can't believe when he started doing that people were like "PERFECT! KEEP DOING THAT!" Tries way too hard, forces the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark grrrrrr and just sounds dumb.

:lol @ the Gordon quotes on the first page, I watched The Dark Knight the other day again and still lol at the "He's the hero we need but don't deserve" or whatever it is crap. :lol
2psh7hi.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
ZeroGravity said:
Maybe third time will be the charm in me actually giving a damn about these movies.
Yeah....:lol :lol

Conrad Link said:

:lol :lol Oh GAF.

Wait a second. People actually thought it was going to release in 2011? Nolan hasn't even finished shooting Inception. Probably won't be near finished post on it till mid 2010, and people thought Batman would come out the following year? Inception is a $200mil production and you guys think its got the schdule of shooting an indie flick.

jey_16

Banned
isnt 2011 crowded with superhero films? Spiderman 4, Thor & Captain America......whats happening with Superman as well?

InnerFu

Neo Member
I kinda feel guilty that i'm more disappointed with Ledgers death than i am sad. Not having him closes so many doors for a TDK sequel. Now thanks to the script and Ledger's untimely death we lost the two most iconic villains in the batman universe (at least in the general public's eye) in one movie......that leaves a HUGE void to fill going into a 3rd film. The only bright side i can see is that thanks to the joker/two-face there wasn't a whole lot of time spent focused on Bruce.....which leaves some wiggle room for the theme/plot in the 3rd installment.

MisterHero

jey_16 said:
isnt 2011 crowded with superhero films? Spiderman 4, Thor & Captain America......whats happening with Superman as well?
WB apparently wasn't satisfied with Returns' reception, so they're going to reboot him.

On one hand it's a good idea since Returns is from the Donner era of Superman movies (1970s) so it's probably better they retire it. Personally though I want them to see them make Returns a strong sequel but I doubt they'll do it.

On the other hand a reboot will allow them to try a different angle that isn't overshadowed by Christopher Reeve's performance, and maybe help set up a Justice League movie.

They still haven't decided what they're going to.

MisterHero said:
WB apparently wasn't satisfied with Returns' reception, so they're going to reboot him.

On one hand it's a good idea since Returns is from the Donner era of Superman movies (1970s) so it's probably better they retire it. Personally though I want them to see them make Returns a strong sequel but I doubt they'll do it.

On the other hand a reboot will allow them to try a different angle that isn't overshadowed by Christopher Reeve's performance, and maybe help set up a Justice League movie.

They still haven't decided what they're going to.

Last I read WB is shopping around the Bizzaro Superman film idea which sounds utterly retarded imo. Just let Singer do his proposed sequel to Returns.

MisterHero

Scullibundo said:
Last I read WB is shopping around the Bizzaro Superman film idea which sounds utterly retarded imo. Just let Singer do his proposed sequel to Returns.
Yeah Superman III pretty much dealt with Bizarro.

Maybe fans will be ready for anything that isn't Luthor. :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Conrad Link said:

You know what's the difference between you and me? I'm not wearing hockey pads.

InnerFu said:
I kinda feel guilty that i'm more disappointed with Ledgers death than i am sad. Not having him closes so many doors for a TDK sequel. Now thanks to the script and Ledger's untimely death we lost the two most iconic villains in the batman universe (at least in the general public's eye) in one movie......that leaves a HUGE void to fill going into a 3rd film. The only bright side i can see is that thanks to the joker/two-face there wasn't a whole lot of time spent focused on Bruce.....which leaves some wiggle room for the theme/plot in the 3rd installment.

Me and my friend were talking the other day about a sub-plot where the joker-who has been put in arkham asylum by batman, still has influence over the thugs of the city and dresses up like him for his honor. Doing what? Who knows. It was just a quick thought. Probably play out some of the intended script through his followers/admirers.

besada

Banned
The only problem with more Batman movies is that Ledger's dead, and there aren't that many non-ridiculous Batman villains who we haven't seen.

I'd be okay putting the franchise to rest for a few years. Maybe focus on making a superman that isn't terrible.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BrandNew said:
more joseph gordon levitt because he's the shit

[IM]http://festphanatic.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/joseph_gordonlevitt.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/joseph_gordon_levitt.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060313/060313_JGLevitt_4p.widec.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/joseph-gordon-levitt/pictures/joseph-gordon-levitt-picture-3.jpg[/IMG]

DO IT NOLANS. HE IS THE PERFECT RECAST
jesus, he looks like Ledger's long lost brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom