• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA: Your Top 3 Games

eshwaaz

I'm finally going to be picking up a GBA to keep my mind occupied on an 8 hour plane ride(I hate flying), and I'd really appreciate some game recommendations.

What are your Top 3?

Fire Emblem
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Wario Ware

Edit: the Metroids are pretty damn good too, as well as the Advance Wars

Soul4ger

There are so many... I don't think I could possibly limit to three. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is amazing, WarioWare, Fire Emblem, Shining Force, FFTA, the Metroid games, Klonoa... If you pick from there, you should be set.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Advance Wars (1 or 2)
Wario Ware
Castlevania : AOS

Though I believe after some play tonight that Mario Golf will make a run for top honors! Woo-Hoo!

Yossarian

Mario and Luigi, Metroid Zero Mission, and Fire Emblem.

Mario Golf Advance Tour will probably take Metroid's spot on that list.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ninja five-o
mario vs. donkey kong
aria of sorrow

...and i'm going to flaunt this thread's simple precepts and mention advance wars as well. gba roxxxxxx.

adelgary said:
\
Animation3.gif

wtf

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Original games:

Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow
Metroid Zero Mission
Wario Ware

Ports:

Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Double Dragon Advance (more of a remake though)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Advance wars 2 fire emblem and uhm.......... mario vs donkey kong is pretty cool, not sure if its right up there though. I'm gonna give the nod to ninja five-o

arter_2

drohne said:
ninja five-o
I love this game and it is very hard and equally as hard to find i recommed it to all a great action game that mixs the stlyes of classic shinobi and bionic commando.

Lyte Edge

arter_2 said:
I love this game and it is very hard and equally as hard to find i recommed it to all a great action game that mixs the stlyes of classic shinobi and bionic commando.

Don't forget that it also uses the same BGM track throughout the whole game! AWESOME.

Ranger X

Everybody likes the same games or there's no games and just ports? lol

my top 3:

Metroid Zero Missions
Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow
Advance Wars

Jonnyram

Slime Mori Mori
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Mario & Luigi

Man, it's so hard to pick just 3 games from such an amazing line-up >_<;

BlueLegs

My top 3 most played games are ;

- Final Fight One
- Advance Wars 2
- Shining Soul 2

While not the best games ever these 3 seem to outlast everything else i own. :p

8 hour plane trip? I assume that's both ways.

And I assume you won't be playing where you are going.

Get Metroid Zero Mission and Advance Wars 1 or 2.

Bat

Original games:

Advance Wars 2 (tough choice between it and 1, though)
Castlevania: AoS
Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Ports:

Super Mario Advance 2: SMW (tough choice between it and 3/4, but its the most portable friendly)
Metroid Zero Mission
Zelda: LttP

SFA_AOK

Just looking through my GBA games...

Metroid Zero Mission (I don't rate Fusion much compared to this)
Kuru Kuru Kururin (perfect handheld game)
Castlevania (not sure which one, I liked them all in at least some way)

Mario Kart is also ace as is Wario Ware. I found that once I'd played all the WW games though, I lost interest. Once you've seen it all, it really is only much good in short bursts (IMO).

As for Advance Wars, it's simply not my type of games sadly. Same with Command and Conquer games - I want to get into those types of games but I never seem able to...

A GBA without Wario Ware is just not right.

Wario Ware
Fire Emblem
Metroid Zero Mission

Obviously Mario 3 or Yoshi's Island if you haven't played them before.

White Man

I expected at least one person to say River City Ransom. Did that turn out as questionably as the reviews made it sound?

Fire Emblem - even if it took me six months to win
Aria of Sorrow - even though it took me two days to win
Mario and Luigi - Just as good as Paper Mario, with less platforming and more puzzles

Lyte Edge

Galanthas said:
1. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
2. Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga
3. Warioware

This is probably your best bet for a good variety of game play styles. Warioware is perfect for pick up and play, Castlevania is in the middle, and Mario And Luigi will last the longest. IMO Aria Of Sorrow is the best GBA title by far, so I'd highly recommend it over everything else. :) If you really get into it, it could probably take up the entire flight time.

White Man said:
I expected at least one person to say River City Ransom. Did that turn out as questionably as the reviews made it sound?

I was never a big fan of the NES version, and never played it all that much, but I did get the GBA version, and it seems exactly like the NES version to me, just with better visuals (same art style and everything...just more color) and music. I find Double Dragon Advance to be the better BEU, and more effort was put into remaking it. Double Dragon is without a doubt the best GBA BEU, trumping RSR, Gekido, and Final Fight One.

Top Bottom