• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Leipzig - Thread for Cheapskates, Loot Hunter and News Tidbits

theBishop said:
Don't even joke about this.

No joke, but I hope it will be there!

Uncharted 2 at Leipzig

With Naughty Dog creating such a rich, vast world with interesting characters, it comes to no surprise that a sequel could well be in the works. Videogaming247 picked up on a French interview in which Christophe Balestra, Vice-President of Naughty Dog, “confirms” that Uncharted 2 is in fact in development. The interview originates from French website

Gamekyo.com with a translation below:

“One expected it and Christophe Balestra, Vice-President of Naughty Dog, officially confirms it at the time of an interview with LCI: very good Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune will have right to its continuation, of course better according to statements’ of the creators. One awaits the first images and information.”

Because of this: a certain David Reeves saying that there will be twelve announcements at Leizpig, and we will put money down that Uncharted 2 will make an appearance in trailer form during the Sony press conference. How do we know? Just trust us.

Dont' forget about PlayChapas, SOE's PSP killer app :lol

PlayChapas_242.jpg

GC trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HXQweeq_LV4

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Blimblim said:

Oh, already on the job? (Just popped in here for the first time in a while) - good job guys!

Seriously Capcom, the 30 version already looks good to go, and the load time is quick as hell too! I do see that some effects like the distortion that happened when you hit someone still need to be added, but so far it already looks solid...

I hope that they don't sit on it till they feel the arcade version has been out long enough - get it out as soon as you can!

Wollan

Private Hoffman said:
Should release stuff like that when the PS3 reaches a better price.
There's absolutely no advantage to delay such a release. Put it out there, build the library of games.

1up has Bayonetta Impressions up.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3169462&p=37

This new area takes place on part of a broken clock tower in free fall through what appears to outer space; winged enemies surround the heroine, and the air is thick with more particle effects than I've ever seen in any game before. The pyrotechnics ramp up as the platform falls farther and farther; soon you see giant robotic snakes falling through the air, and eventually, you end up facing off against a gigantic boss while standing more or less to the side of the screen rather than the bottom.

Notably, this new level shows off a new character who seems to be an ally of heroine Bayonetta, standing by her side and fighting along with her all the way through. Sega representatives tell us this partner won't be a playable character -- and that we shouldn't expect co-op in the game -- but she does seem likely to factor heavily into the plot, and we'll be interested to see how much she will help in combat over the course of the game and if other helper characters will also appear in the game.

nofi

gofreak said:
So they finally stole my eyetoy pet idea? :p

Also, when exactly is the sony press conference? I must have missed it totally in the OP :|

45 minutes. Seriously people, get some post-its... ;)

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I asked some journalists to ask sony about the state of euro psn cards. Im curious what the response will be. because i am sick of waiting. Take action SCEE.

i need my GHWT dlc.

Kafel

Banned
GTA DLC Still Coming
Pencilled in for Autumn, according to Microsoft.
by Alex Simmons, IGN UK

UK, August 20, 2008 - Microsoft has given a glimmer of hope to GTA fans looking for their next hit by confirming that the much-lauded downloadable content for Rockstar's opus will appear before the end of the year. In a statement issued at the Leipzig Games Convention, Microsoft said, "In autumn there will be news from Liberty City; the first episodes of GTA IV will be available for download exclusively on Xbox LIVE, underlining Xbox 360's leadership role in the field of digital entertainment."

Microsoft would be clever to create a relaunch of GTA this Winter.

Elios83

Is there a live streaming?
It's not that important because they should put the conference on the Uk store as they did with their London event in May but it would be nice.

gbovo

Kafel said:
Microsoft would be clever to create a relaunch of GTA this Winter.
So does this mean that the GTAIV DLC is coming in autumn, or that news about the GTAIV DLC is coming in autumn?

Xater

Elios83 said:
Is there a live streaming?
It's not that important because they should put the conference on the Uk store as they did with their London event in May but it would be nice.

Last there was no stream I would not expect one this year or you would already have heard about it.

gbovo said:
So does this mean that the GTAIV DLC is coming in autumn, or that news about the GTAIV DLC is coming in autumn?

Maybe Sony can finally disclose some stuff about their DLC plans ....whatever they be

Elios83

PSP 3001 announcement incoming?

from vgm247:

"Yes, we’re here. In fact, we’re not just in the audience, we got front row seats!

Loads of stuff to look forward to: the new Singstar stuff revealed this morning, some Heavy Rain in-game action and last but not least we’ve just heard that Sony will be talking about some new PSP hardware.

Conference kicks off at 5pm CET (in about 30 minutes), so stick around and get it all live."

Top Bottom