• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

DeaDPo0L84

me and my wife both bought our first xbox one consoles and it came with this game. We are both big Gears fans but unfortunately there seems to be some issues. We were able to play coop through chapter 1 and partially chapter 2 but now no matter what we do its impossible for us to get into the campaign together. Even now when trying to just play by myself it takes forever for menus to appear and even then it rarely works actually getting into a game. Real shame cause we both had the day off and were planning to play through it for old times sake.

Arkanius

Guys, how is the performance on PC nowadays?
I'm thinking of getting this for Windows 10 to kill the Gears thirst.

EDIT:

Literally the last post.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I was playing the campaign a bit for the last two days and it runs very well, no more stutter caused by assets streaming.

Running it with max settings on my 980 Ti in 1440p, getting 80-120 FPS on my 144Hz GSync screen.

Arkanius

I was playing the campaign a bit for the last two days and it runs very well, no more stutter caused by assets streaming.

Running it with max settings on my 980 Ti in 1440p, getting 80-120 FPS on my 144Hz GSync screen.

Same card and same res as me. Probably same screen
Seems ideal. Thanks!

jg4xchamp

Been playing the remaster before I get gears 4 on PC. The stutters are a bit much sometimes but 60 fps gears is rad. The movement feels stiff these days; but the series always had a stiffness to it.

What I'm surprised with going back is how the cutscenes are actually feel more awkward. Can't put my finger on it, but it does feel like slight changes have been made, and a lot of it feels sped up.

Still dig the pace of the original.

SliChillax

Guys anyone wanna help me out defeat Raam on insane in co-op PC? I've been trying for the last 2 hours and I keep dying. I don't remember it being so hard in the original.
Edit: nvm I beat him. He got stuck and didn't get covered by the kryll.

Alcibiades

I think I'm going to get the 2TB Xbox One (which includes Gears 4). Don't really feel like jumping straight into that so I think I'd like to purchase GoW Ultimate Edition and play through the series single-player modes first (assuming you still get Gears 1-3 free by buying Ultimate Edition).

Are the GoW part 2 and 3 OK on the XBox One? I can always get them on the 360 if there are backwards compatibility issues.

I think I'm going to get the 2TB Xbox One (which includes Gears 4). Don't really feel like jumping straight into that so I think I'd like to purchase GoW Ultimate Edition and play through the series single-player modes first (assuming you still get Gears 1-3 free by buying Ultimate Edition).

Are the GoW part 2 and 3 OK on the XBox One? I can always get them on the 360 if there are backwards compatibility issues.
They were pretty iffy when they first became backwards compatible, but I believe they've since been updated and now they run even better than they ever did on 360, with no screen tearing to boot.

bumpkin

Cross-posting this from the "what's the consensus?" thread...

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I was going through my XB1 games today and realized I had a DLC card/code in the case I never used. It's for the Civilian Anya character skin and an animated imulsion weapon skin. Does anyone want it? It's free to a good home.

PM me if interested!

Top Bottom