• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German swimming bath bans migrants due to defecating and masturbating in pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
There was a german senior who masturbated in a swimmbath yesterday, too... Happened in Saxony.

Man, germans need to be banned from swimmingbaths.

Oh, wait, I forgot, when germans do something like this its fine.
Don't play yourself.

German inviduals do get banned for the same shit. Making a news stiry out of this doubtful.

BigDes

Oh please, there are perverts everywhere. A guy jerked off at me in a Greyhound station just the other day.

I hoped you looked him dead on the eye and jerked off right back at him. You need to tell these people that is your Greyhound Station.

Terra

15 years of making Muslims out to be the boogie men

It's not like a fair share of terror attacks in the name of islam hasn't contributed to this. Hell, I've lost two relatives in those kind of terror attacks. Not family-close, but I can say it has changed my mind what I think about that religion.

Agree with your stance on the wrongdoing with painting the refugees with a broad brush though.

Because no matter how smart you are, no matter how well balanced or liberal or progressive you think you are, 15 years of making Muslims out to be the boogie men added on to years and years of anti immigrant fearmongering by the press and the mainstream political parties is going to have an effect.

Thus an immigrant murders someone, or shits in a public pool, then it reflects on all of them because we are unable to see them as individuals anymore.

I think it's possible to have a respectful conversation where we can acknowledge that these people are individuals while also understanding that both the instability and the culture of their home countries IS going to cause a clash of values to some extent. It shouldn't be racist or xenophobic to say there will be background aspects that are incompatible with certain western values, at least at first. That doesn't mean deport everyone, it means focus on teaching people how to act in a country with drastically different values than yours.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Don't play yourself.

German inviduals do get banned for the same shit. Making a news stiry out of this doubtful.

Stadtbad_Moedling_verweigert_Migranten_den_Zutritt-Nur_mit_Begleitung-Story-492458_630x356px_9f00543b705d4747e271f7ee3987f188__bad_jpg.jpg

It says all people with migration background. (Also french people. Or american. Or whatever)

I expect now all germans to be banned.

BigDes

I think it's possible to have a respectful conversation where we can acknowledge that these people are individuals while also understanding that both the instability and the culture of their home countries IS going to cause a clash of values to some extent. It shouldn't be racist or xenophobic to say there will be background aspects that are incompatible with certain western values, at least at first. That doesn't mean deport everyone, it means focus on teaching people how to act in a country with drastically different values than yours.

I think it is 100% unrealistic to try and use jerking off in a public swimming bath as an example of their culture being incompatible with ours. I am fairly sure that jerking off and shitting in public is frowned upon where they come from as well.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I hoped you looked him dead on the eye and jerked off right back at him. You need to tell these people that is your Greyhound Station.

I finished him off and said, "Welcome to Texas you must be one of these refugees I saw on the news."

He wasn't though. Just a guy with a fetish and determination.

I think it is 100% unrealistic to try and use jerking off in a public swimming bath as an example of their culture being incompatible with ours. I am fairly sure that jerking off and shitting in public is frowned upon where they come from as well.

I just meant in general.

Stadtbad_Moedling_verweigert_Migranten_den_Zutritt-Nur_mit_Begleitung-Story-492458_630x356px_9f00543b705d4747e271f7ee3987f188__bad_jpg.jpg

It says all people with migration background. (Also french people. Or american. Or whatever)

Yea my dad is British, so I guess that has me covered.
I do wonder how they want to enforce this 'Arians only' policy. Will all us 'migrants' get colourful badges for our overcoats?

I also like the 'In Begleitung von entsprechenden Begleitpersonen' - what exactly are 'entsprechende Begleitpersonen'

BigDes

It's not like a fair share of terror attacks in the name of islam hasn't contributed to this. Hell, I've lost two relatives in those kind of terror attacks. Not family-close, but I can say it has changed my mind what I think about that religion.

Agree with your stance on the wrongdoing with painting the refugees with a broad brush though.

I grew up in the UK during the troubles in Ireland. There were a good number of terrorist attacks in the UK during that time, my grandfather's house was shot up because of his links to it even. I have not grown up to think of all Irish people as terrorists or dangerous.

Similarly I don't flinch when I see an American in expectation that he or she is suddenly going to flip out and start shooting up the place, despite mass shootings being a nearly weekly occurrence.

I'm not absolving those who commit these atrocities of blame, but I do think the 24 hour news cycle has whipped us all up into seeing them as more likely and more dangerous than they are.

IHaveIce

Banned

You know how I meant it; of course it is not right to ban all migrabts from this.
But your answer was again in a passive aggressive way that holds no intelligent ground for a discussion.

By the way this is their only way to enforce a ban, most refugees have no id and can be identified etc. As shitty as it is.

I think the act what those people did and do is disgusting, the ban for all migrants is disgusting.
End.

By the way this is their only way to enforce a ban, most refugees have no id and can be identified etc. As shitty as it is.

But that's sort of part of the point. How exactly do they plan on enforcing this?
Everyone who 'looks arab'? Anyone who doesn't have blond hair and blue eyes?

It's ridiculous from start to finish.

Lime

This whole "brown men coming to touch your white women and rape and stab and shit everywhere" narrative is really off putting to witness, as it has also been deployed in the past to justify colonialism and slavery. It's such a eye-rolling stereotype that usually doesn't apply to white boys ("boys will be boys").. I'm afraid that people use this to generalize entire swaths of people and justify anti-humanistic policies.

Nikodemos

But that's sort of part of the point. How exactly do they plan on enforcing this?

Probably anybody who looks Arabic and can't produce some sort of EU ID.

BigDes

Skin colour chart

You must be this pale and nordic to swim here.

Not

Banned
I'm more concerned about the whole 'Young men try to forcibly gain access into women’s and girls’ changing rooms'.

Germany can't really blame anyone but themselves since they publicly opened their doors to these migrants.

They're fucking human beings just like "Germany." We'll take care of each crime as it comes along and punish and educate those responsible, instead of generalizing and discriminating.

Aselith

Fuck man. What the fuck is wrong with these dudes? Maybe a few that are being assholes should have their refugee status revoked and sent back to where they came from in order to set a precedent that this shit isn't going to be tolerated.

They absolutely should. I would think that anyone that comes in on refugee status should be on thin ice legally and if they make an ass of themselves they get the boot. It's tough because you don't want to punish someone for making a small error in judgement but clearly this was much more than that. He was kicked out and came back to continue the shenanigans. All involved should be removed. Also, the fuckers that get rapey about the women's changing areas.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You know how I meant it; of course it is not right to ban all migrabts from this.
But your answer was again in a passive aggressive way that holds no intelligent ground for a discussion.
Because refugeethreads are filled with intelligent statements. And going resonable against this racist shit that is posted in those all the fucking time helps so much.

Yes, but our friend FliX is now banned from swimming to, since he has a migrationbackground. But we all know how this going to be enforced.

Antagon

So, who exactly shit in the pools? Is that known or is this just a case of assuming the worst about refugees again?

I'd say that it's much more likely that a group did take over the kiddy pool since they couldn't swim and a baby or a todler took a dump in it.

Did you find any other English sources?

Or any other German sources for that matter?

Local radio station talked about it as well.

I've seen others, but I can't read German and don't know how reputable they are. If anyone that can finds something, I can add it to the OP.

JoeNut

Why would you go to a country which has taken you in in good faith and then do something so fucking gross and disrespectful

lednerg

I don't read Breitbart. I got linked the story and looked for other sources.

You're not finding much because it's not actually news. It's a isolated incident. These kinds of things happen all over the planet, even in civilized societies such as our own. The only reason we're hearing about this is because they're refugees, it's a story being spread in order to color our opinion of them as a people. You don't see anything disturbing about that?

BigDes

They absolutely should. I would think that anyone that comes in on refugee status should be on thin ice legally and if they make an ass of themselves they get the boot. It's tough because you don't want to punish someone for making a small error in judgement but clearly this was much more than that. He was kicked out and came back to continue the shenanigans. All involved should be removed. Also, the fuckers that get rapey about the women's changing areas.

Well that's the thing. They're not coming in as migrants, they're coming in as refugees. As in people who have fled their country through imminent and real fear of death. You read about something anti-social that a refugee has done and you think well they should be deported. The question is to where. Back home? That's death and you as a state have acknowledged this by granting them refugee status in the first place. The death penalty for shitting in a pool? Seems harsh. Moreover it seems vastly unjust.

States are in a bind there.

Public shitting is not frowned upon in many countries, including those where migrants come from like Afghanistan. In those places people openly shit in public, it is a social norm.

This is a lie.
Public shitting is not frowned upon in many countries, including those where migrants come from like Afghanistan. In those places people openly shit in public, it is a social norm.
Do you have any sources for this? I find that hard to believe as I'd imagine people even in the worst places in the world know that it's incredibly unhygienic to shit in public, and that people don't really wanna see other people jerking off openly there either.

Well that's the thing. They're not coming in as migrants, they're coming in as refugees. As in people who have fled their country through imminent and real fear of death. You read about something anti-social that a refugee has done and you think well they should be deported. The question is to where. Back home? That's death and you as a state have acknowledged this by granting them refugee status in the first place. The death penalty for shitting in a pool? Seems harsh. Moreover it seems vastly unjust.

Not nearly all of them are refugees from danger though.

It is still tricky though, but I'd be inclined to think that if you really have no respect at all towards your new country of residence, then you deserve to be sent back even if it's dangerous for you. It's hard to say where the line goes though - a theft isn't in the same level as raping obviously.

You're not finding much because it's not actually news. It's a isolated incident. These kinds of things happen all over the planet, even in civilized societies such as our own. The only reason we're hearing about this is because they're refugees, it's a story being spread in order to color our opinion of them as a people. You don't see anything disturbing about that?

Should news not be posted because of that though, regardless of the agenda of the news sources (provided said sources are telling the truth)?

Do you have any sources for this? I find that hard to believe as I'd imagine people even in the worst places in the world know that it's incredibly unhygienic to shit in public, and that people don't really wanna see other people jerking off openly there either.

I know for a fact people shit on the beach in India. Not sure about elsewhere.

Edit: I've heard stories of parents holding their kids over the street to shit in China from family friends that worked there for a few years.

Aselith

It is tough true but on the other side, it also feels like normal legal processes aren't going to deter someone as damaged as this guy. Not sure what you would do other than remove them...maybe make penalties harsher for those on refugee status for a limited subset of really antisocial crimes? Tough part is they're probably also so poor that fines and things like that are just going to be impossible to really levy against them so basically they just go into the legal system for life or what? I don't know :/

Darren870

You clearly haven't traveled. I've seen families shitting in public together just on the side of the road with no concerns.

This isn't limited to places were refuges are coming from either, it's a lack of education issue. And perhaps lack of plumbing.

AllenShrz

Ive been to some of those countries and you can search very easily about the precarious sanitation situation on middle east and east Asia countries, not everyone has access to even the most basic stuff like toilets or running water.

Why the fuck are people concentrating on some dipshit taking a dump in the pool and not the group trying to force themselves into the women's change rooms, and sexually harassing women in the sauna?

Because it makes it easier to defend those shitty people?

I am still trying to read something positive from the media about immigrants. Lately, the only thing I am reading is very negative news and this just fuels the hate even more.

BigDes

Should news not be posted because of that though, regardless of the agenda of the news sources (provided said sources are telling the truth)?

It's only news because of the agenda of the news sources posting it. Take a step back and review the story for what it is

Man Shits in Swimming Pool.

I mean that's at best local newspaper filler akin to Man Steals Bin or Garden Party Was A Big Success.

The only reason people consider it news is because The Migrants! The actual story itself is barely worth discussing unless you are sympathetic already to the News Source's agenda of anti immigrant propaganda.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Why the fuck are people concentrating on some dipshit taking a dump in the pool and not the group trying to force themselves into the women's change rooms, and sexually harassing women in the sauna?

Because it makes it easier to defend those shitty people?

no one is

You just walked in the room and started screaming.

Obviously, these guys are fuck-os. Some of us just think that similar such fuck-os MAY JUST LURKING IN A CITY NEAR YOUUUUUUUUUU

Germany: enlightened enough to welcome asylum seekers; but not enough to treat them like ordinary humans and not The Borg when a handful misbehave. Hopefully someone higher up the political ladder will set this right, and protect both Germans from harassment and refugees from prejudice. Just sounds like a knee-jerk decision by the pool management.

Sorry but am with the pool folks on this. Sounds like chances have been given. People asked to behave and rules to be followed.

Citizens on this town have been using a pool, have accepted thousands of immigrants, when countries like USA have presidential hopefuls wanting to ban entry no matter what reason if your Muslim, UK has strict quotas, Denmark is now confiscating valuables at entry.

So the folks wanting to swim are being harassed, chased and sounds like threatened and have to clean the pool after people use it as a toilet. Afraid you need to send a message. No entry until you behave. Folks who miss out need to round on their fellow members and get them to behave.

It's only news because of the agenda of the news sources posting it. Take a step back and review the story for what it is

I mean that's at best local newspaper filler akin to Man Steals Bin or Garden Party Was A Big Success.

The only reason people consider it news is because The Migrants! The actual story itself is barely worth discussing unless you are sympathetic already to the News Source's agenda of anti immigrant propaganda.

So tell me why something like this is unworthy of being posted while something like, say, this isn't? I consider that news as well, just like I'd consider this story news if a German guy did it instead of a refugee.

But yeah, the shitting and jizzing in the pool isn't as bad as the sexual harassment, which I probably should have put in the title instead.

Aselith

I think the fact that the business completely banned refugees makes it more newsworthy due to how incredibly prejudiced it is. It would be like if a black guy shit in a pool in the states and so the pool banned all black people. I don't think this was the paper's actual intent but it's a discussion that needs to continue to take place.

no one is

You just walked in the room and started screaming.

Obviously, these guys are fuck-os. Some of us just think that similar such fuck-os MAY JUST LURKING IN A CITY NEAR YOUUUUUUUUUU

There's literally posts saying "a German probably pissed in a local pool this week, watcha gonna do".

Those are the posts I'm referring to.

I feel awful for the women and kids especially who are trying to just keep living their lives, but shitheads like these come in and start harassing them and making them feel unsafe in their own communities.

Aselith

There's literally posts saying "a German probably pissed in a local pool this week, watcha gonna do".

Those are the posts I'm referring to.

Those posts are not wrong and have nothing to do with excusing the rapey shit. They're just responding to the main topic here which is the pool shitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom