• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German swimming bath bans migrants due to defecating and masturbating in pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weckum

So the stuff like in Cologne has happened before, but because it weren't immigrants the women failed to report it, as did the media?

I'm not saying it happened in the exact same, organised way, but yes people piss, puke and shit in the street during Karneval and any other party night. Also, yes, women get groped.

Not trying to excuse any of this behaviour as it is awful stuff regardless of who's the perpetrator.

BigDes

It doesn't state ALL migrants are banned, it could just be referring to the migrants in the article. I mean, how are we getting in to yet another race/nationality debate? Their race or nationality has sweet fuck all to do with it. They were banned because they were shitting and ejaculating in a goddamn public pool, not to mention they were forcing their way in to the girls changing rooms. How fucked up do you have to be to try and defend that? Oh, yeah, they tried molesting a girl in the changing rooms, but its OK...they're of X nationality.

Literally no one is doing any of the things you are accusing them of doing in this thread. Not a single person has defended the perpetrators.

I am sure the person you are talking to is very chagrined that you have told them off for defending sexual harassment but you appear to have posted in the the wrong forum.

Chuckie

I'm not saying it happened in the exact same, organised way, but yes people piss, puke and shit in the street during Karneval and any other party night. Also, yes, women get groped.

Not trying to excuse any of this behaviour as it is awful stuff regardless of who's the perpetrator.

It seems to me that some media report every little thing an immigrant does, while they wouldn't if a native German did it (like wanking in a pool). However thinking the sexual assaults in Koln where just reported because it were immigrants or comparing those attacks with what happens 'normally' during Karnaval seems to be ridiculous.

The first reeks of extreme right fear mongering
The second of extreme left denial.

daniels

This usually happens? Have there been mass gropings/sexual assaults like those in Cologne during New Years Eve in the weeks of Karneval?

Your post seems to suggest this will happen in the weeks ahead of us.

No never happened on this scale in germany, karneval or not... is just the new favorite excuse apparently.
Also lets not forget this wasnt just a german/cologne only thing it happened all over europe which makes the karneval conclusions the regressive left now uses laughable before you even looking at the numbers ... after looking at the numbers you actually start to get angry at the apologists crap..

Also how anyone can pretend the media reports only on the refugees while we had several tried cover ups from the cologne incident alone..
And many more before that like rotherhame letting 1500 children be sexualy abused and looking the other way because of the fear of being called a racist and because of fear from the political compition getting stronger.

Lime

Breitbart is the best English source

This sufficiently informs me about your consumption of news and critical attitude to it. It's pretty damaging to make a thread based on this.

Breitbart being the only source on this should be a huge red alarm for you before making the thread.

lednerg

No never happened on this scale in germany, karneval or not... is just the new favorite excuse apparently.
Also lets not forget this wasnt just a german/cologne only thing it happened all over europe which makes the karneval conclusions the regressive left now uses laughable before you even looking at the numbers ... after looking at the numbers you actually start to get angry at the apologists crap..

Can someone post those numbers perhaps so we're all on the same page? Or are we just going to be all passive agressive?

Chariot

What were these dumbasses thinking? Did they think that this is funny? Did they feel the need to show their "manlines"? Are people usually masturbating into the pool where they come from? What is this shit. Seriously, what is this shit. I mean, it wasn't jsut the one guy, he called friend and doubled down.

In Finland we get these kinds of "news" pretty much daily and pretty much each and all of them have been (later) proved as hoaxes so far.

Just to point that this is actually incorrect. There has been some hoaxes from facebook etc, but most of the time media doesn't make a story about them.

Read Breitbart brehs

I'm willing to concede that some of the content is probably true but at least wait until a site not better known for lying than telling the truth reports on it

If they had negative experiences in a number of cases, I don't see what is so wrong about cancelling the free access program for the pool.

That is not discrimination, that's just stopping a failed program. If people want to still visit they can use part of their monthly allowance to pay for it.

BigDes

What were these dumbasses thinking? Did they think that this is funny? Did they feel the need to show their "manlines"? Are people usually masturbating into the pool where they come from? What is this shit. Seriously, what is this shit. I mean, it wasn't jsut the one guy, he called friend and doubled down.

I think the thread titled needs to be changed to reflect on the fact that the only sites reporting the shitting and masturbation are Brietbart and what is apparently the German version of Brietbart. Which means, essentially I am taking this part of the story as a flatout falsehood.

A discussion could be made on why these two publications felt the need to falsify this information when what the men apparently did was much more serious in that they were harassing women but I feel the answer would simply boil down to the fact that the readership of those two sites wouldn't feel particularly strongly about women being harassed and that this would not summon the anti immigrant furor that these news publications thrive on.

Nabbis

Organized participation in such large amounts of crime during festival activities is a far more serious matter than "a few bad apples". Countries forge different policies regarding organized and individual crime, the same should apply to this. Looking at this problem from a individual perspective is idiocy, pure and simple. This does not mean that foreigners are to be grouped together as a risk group, but you do need to identify and solve the common qualities that lead to this behavior in the groups that do this.

This usually happens? Have there been mass gropings/sexual assaults like those in Cologne during New Years Eve in the weeks of Karneval?

Your post seems to suggest this will happen in the weeks ahead of us.

Sexual assaults happened during these seasons or Oktoberfest even before the refugee crisis even started.
Just do a search. Here is google-fu'd article from Süddeutsche Zeitung from 2012.
All these reports suggest an unknown number of unreported cases, too.

A lot of people only came forward after Cologne because of the huge amount of media, therefore a lot of charges were filed after new years eve.

The point that is extremely different between Cologne and older cases at Karneval or Oktoberfest is, not that the perps were of foreign descend, but that the mass assaults of Cologne happened in front of police unable to retain or regain order right in front of the main station of Cologne.

Symphonia

Banned
Literally no one is doing any of the things you are accusing them of doing in this thread. Not a single person has defended the perpetrators.

I am sure the person you are talking to is very chagrined that you have told them off for defending sexual harassment but you appear to have posted in the the wrong forum.
I appear to have completely misinterpreted the post.

I'm going back to sleep.

lednerg

I don't think it's correct to bring up words like "culture" to describe what I'm reading about New Year's in Cologne. That part of the world has been a fucked up place to live lately, and out of fucked up places, you inevitably get some fucked up people. You also get a vast majority of innocent people who are simply trying to escape the madness. I'm not saying we owe those innocents anything, but I'd rather we not lump them in with nihilists. That's how we got into this mess in the first place, painting with a broad brush as if we have no choice.

Aselith

If they had negative experiences in a number of cases, I don't see what is so wrong about cancelling the free access program for the pool.

That is not discrimination, that's just stopping a failed program. If people want to still visit they can use part of their monthly allowance to pay for it.

Yeah, totally like one time a black guy robbed my store and I banned all black people from my store, it's not discrimination. It's just common sense!

Why is Western Media framing migrants like they are uncivilised animals and savages? They know what swimming pools, hygine and common decency are. All of these things exist in Syria. It's not some blank desert wasteland like the Planet Tatooine.

Yeah, totally like one time a black guy robbed my store and I banned all black people from my store, it's not discrimination. It's just common sense!
Please read what I posted, you are jumping to the wrong conclusions. And I am not going to accuse them of racism until it is clear what the steps taken actually are.

From the article I understand that people from the refugee center have free access to the pool. If the pool does not want to extend that program due to bad experiences, they are fully in their right. That is not the same as banning people based on their skin color. That is cancelling a program started with good intentions, but sadly ruined by some people. This happens all the time for various reasons.

Lime

Why is Western Media framing migrants like they are uncivilised animals and savages? They know what swimming pools, hygine and common decency are. All of these things exist in Syria. It's not some blank desert wasteland like the Planet Tatooine.

Because the news media that is used in this instance is racist far-rightwinged tabloids that border on hate speech. And people who have preconceived notions about these immigrants like to see their worldview reinforced and supported.

Why the thread creator thought it good to start a thread based on these racist sources or why he or she even reads these media to begin with, I have no idea.

Just to point that this is actually incorrect. There has been some hoaxes from facebook etc, but most of the time media doesn't make a story about them.

Yeah they only do the stories when it's convenient to their "suvakki"-propaganda, luckily we have alternative medias that don't lie such as MV-lehti m i rite

Kinyou

DerZuhälter;193434470 said:
Sexual assaults happened during these seasons or Oktoberfest even before the refugee crisis even started.
Just do a search. Here is google-fu'd article from Süddeutsche Zeitung from 2012.
All these reports suggest an unknown number of unreported cases, too.

A lot of people only came forward after Cologne because of the huge amount of media, therefore a lot of charges were filed after new years eve.

The point that is extremely different between Cologne and older cases at Karneval or Oktoberfest is, not that the perps were of foreign descend, but that the mass assaults of Cologne happened in front of police unable to retain or regain order right in front of the main station of Cologne.
The comparison to the oktoberfest is kind of flawed. The scale is on a whole different level

In our local swimming bath a 16 year old boy from Afghanistan sexually assaulted three girls (12, 14 and 15 years old) on separate occasions last year. He was apparently within a group of other refugees but only he did the crimes and was arrested.
sry, only have it in our local news in German

That said, the baths in our state only report these as isolated occurrences and most are strictly against a general ban. It seems there are much more abundant problems to solve like needing more personal to prevent the refugees from drowning (as many can't swim) and to teach stuff that is completely unknown to someone not used to swimming pools (like how changing rooms work, not to go with clothes into the pool etc.).

Chittagong

Gold Member
Man, the apologists are out in full swing in this thread. The fact is that swimming pool incidents involving immigrants solely of Middle Eastern / North African origin trying to force their way to womens lockers have happened recently in Germany, Sweden and Finland. Probably in more places.

Similarly, sexual assaults by groups of immigrants surrounding young girls across Europe has become a phenomena. Again, the culprits are immigrants of Middle Eastern / North African origin.

It doesn't mean that *all* immigrants do it, or that *most* do it, but it absolutely does mean that a substantially bigger percentage of people of those backgrounds are currently committing such crimes than any other ethnic group.

Yeah they only do the stories when it's convenient to their "suvakki"-propaganda, luckily we have alternative medias that don't lie such as MV-lehti m i rite

I don't know what you're talking about. Point was that these hoax stories are going around in social media, but Finnish media has usually done a pretty good job not reporting them unless there is some actual evidence. MV-lehti is not part of the media.

Btw. "suvakki"-propaganda is still visible to some extent, but since these negative incidents about refugees and immigrants are so abundant, it becomes more and more difficult to keep going on.

Vhalyar

Man, the apologists are out in full swing in this thread.

That's because you are either for the immigrants or against them. There's no room for criticism, because that's racism. If you think that helping immigrants but only by actually having programs to help them integrate, making sure they are taught and absorb Western values, you are racist. If you life is being disrupted by their numbers (and thus even "bad apples" become numerous) you are racist. You get killed by them? Racist.

It's better to just keep mum about it and smile.

That's because you are either for the immigrants or against them. There's no room for criticism, because that's racism. If you think that helping immigrants but only by actually having programs to help them integrate, making sure they integrate into Western values, you are racist. If you life is being disrupted by their numbers (and thus even "bad apples" become numerous) you are racist. You get killed by them? Racist.

giphy7vl0k.gif

lednerg

It doesn't mean that *all* immigrants do it, or that *most* do it, but it absolutely does mean that a substantially bigger percentage of people of those backgrounds are currently committing such crimes than any other ethnic group.

Any examples of other "ethnic groups" going through similar circumstances you want to share? And what should be done?

Man, the apologists are out in full swing in this thread. The fact is that swimming pool incidents involving immigrants solely of Middle Eastern / North African origin trying to force their way to womens lockers have happened recently in Germany, Sweden and Finland. Probably in more places.

Similarly, sexual assaults by groups of immigrants surrounding young girls across Europe has become a phenomena. Again, the culprits are immigrants of Middle Eastern / North African origin.

I believe it, I'm not putting my head in the sand. It's definitely migrants that are involved.

My problem is the people who are framing it as a problem that originates from the inherent backwardsness of Arab/Islamic culture. I think that's the wrong view. There are swimming pools and mixed sex settings in North Africa and the Middle East, as I mentioned before these people aren't from uncontacted deserts. It's not just some all of a sudden wild extravaganza these guys partake in because of how gender segregated their countries were. Their countries aren't even gender segregated.

I think it's about wealth and class. The migrants comitting these crimes were in all likelihood from the bottom rung of the ladder back home. People need to keep that in mind. Quality Arabs are either doing well enough to not have to migrate, or if they do migrate they assimilate more easily. Whereas those who were the "White Trash" equivelant back home, are the same when they migrate.

Jesus Christ have you read anything at all in this thread? How many incidents were there? I see here maybe 3 incidents, which are totally different. And you think you can deduce something out of that? Out of 3 reports, when we are talking about MILLIONS of migrants? This is fearmongering, borderline racist bullshit. Period. And this whole thing about "immigrants forcing their way into women's locker" ist very likely just made up racist bullshit, there are no police reports about any such incident.

That's because you are either for the immigrants or against them. There's no room for criticism, because that's racism. If you think that helping immigrants but only by actually having programs to help them integrate, making sure they are taught and absorb Western values, you are racist. If you life is being disrupted by their numbers (and thus even "bad apples" become numerous) you are racist. You get killed by them? Racist.

There wasn't a cover up in Germany. But keep spreading your conspiracy theories. And smh at the rest.

Gemüsepizza;193436846 said:
Jesus Christ have you read anything at all in this thread? How many incidents were there? I see here maybe 3 incidents, which are totally different. And you think you can deduce something out of that? Out of 3 reports, when we are talking about MILLIONS of migrants? This is fearmongering, borderline racist bullshit. Period. And this whole thing about "immigrants forcing their way into women's locker" ist very likely just made up racist bullshit, there are no police reports about any such incident.
You are throwing random numbers together and then make a conclusion.

There were more then 3 incidents in this pool alone. There are more reported from other pools. Not all million people go to the same pool. There are reports about similar behavior in other settings.

You are also making things up yourself, while saying others make up "racist bullshit." If the pool complained about people trying to get into the womens locker room, how do you draw the conclusion it is made up? Or do you think the pools staff is making this up because they are racist?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Ban the guilty people.

Generalizing and banning the whole group is the definition of bigotry.

I don't care if 90 percent of immigrants do it. Punishing the innocent 10 percent because they happen to share on trait with those who are guilty is disgusting, backwards, and completely immoral.

So Many Bullets

Neo Member

I agree fully. So much deflection and obfuscation going in these last four pages.

This is not the behavior of people looking to assimilate and cast a positive reflection on others sharing their hardship. I see these disgusting actions as the larger part of an overall trend, and I feel it should be addressed head on, feelings and sensitivities be damned. The handling of these stories by the various media outlets, holding stories back and not reporting the perpetrators ethnicity or description due to fear of being labeled racist. That's dangerous and dishonest and allows these actions to continue.

I don't get the fervent defense right off the bat. The second post in the thread, is immediate deflection. There are assaults and rapes occurring in these countries due to an influx of Middle Eastern and North African migrants. This is a fact.

ZombAid82

This doesn't seem like a good source. Looks like a tabloid paper but I'm not German

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild

It's the worst source you can have!
Right-Wing-Propaganda all the way!!
It's even worse than for example The Sun from UK!
Hatemongering like there is no tomorrow.

@topic: this fucking 1% let's the other 99% look really bad, and then we have our "BILD" who puts even more Gasoline in the fire, and is the most read Paper in Germany!
My Girlfriend's Dad has exactly the same view as this disgusting tabloid, it's always a chore on the Table with him....

Ban the guilty people.

Generalizing and banning the whole group is the definition of bigotry.
Or just stop the free access for people and have everyone who wants to go for a swim pay. Probably clears out the ones who do wrong pretty quickly. Last I checked going to the pool is not really a human right or something you need to survive.

Make some exceptions for kids needing swimming lessons and their parents or something if needed.

I believe it, I'm not putting my head in the sand. It's definitely migrants that are involved.

My problem is the people who are framing it as a problem that originates from the inherent backwardsness of Arab/Islamic culture. I think that's the wrong view. There are swimming pools and mixed sex settings in North Africa and the Middle East, as I mentioned before these people aren't from uncontacted deserts. It's not just some all of a sudden wild extravaganza these guys partake in because of how gender segregated their countries were. Their countries aren't even gender segregated.

I think it's about wealth and class. The migrants comitting these crimes were in all likelihood from the bottom rung of the ladder back home. People need to keep that in mind. Quality Arabs are either doing well enough to not have to migrate, or if they do migrate they assimilate more easily. Whereas those who were the "White Trash" equivelant back home, are the same when they migrate.

Their is an opinion among some Muslim men that white women or kuffar in general are worth less than Muslim men and women.

Many of these actions have been attributed to it, a few of the paedophile rings run by Muslim / middle Eastern men in England considered the girls to be "slags" due to their non Muslim background and the stereotypes that all western women have sex before marriage.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Their is an opinion among some Muslim men that white women or kuffar in general are worth less than Muslim men and women.

Many of these actions have been attributed to it, a few of the paedophile rings run by Muslim / middle Eastern men in England considered the girls to be "slags" due to their non Muslim background and the stereotypes that all western women have sex before marriage.

Oh I believe you.

The question is, as a civil developed society do you punish everyone in a group by association because some hold bad. views or some do bad things.

Hint: that's the definition of bigotry.

Condom

Why the fuck are people concentrating on some dipshit taking a dump in the pool and not the group trying to force themselves into the women's change rooms, and sexually harassing women in the sauna?

Because it makes it easier to defend those shitty people?
Nobody is defending the douchebags.

I think they should have a no tolerance policy (also for normal citizens) but banning everybody with a migrant background is ridiculous.

In Europe that means banning everybody that is not white, quite a slippery slope.

Then again we don't know the ins and outs of this particular situation. Maybe the local law enforcement is dysfunctional or something.

When you take in a bunch of people from another place, there are going to be some serious issues because
1. Mentally ill people and criminals will be among those people
and
2. Cultural differences are going to cause some conflict, especially among the least educated immigrants

We obviously shouldn't just kick everyone out, but I think there needs to be much stronger regulation by law officers of immigrants.

spekkeh

Banned
When you take in a bunch of people from another place, there are going to be some serious issues because
1. Mentally ill people and criminals will be among those people
and
2. Cultural differences are going to cause some conflict, especially among the least educated immigrants

We obviously shouldn't just kick everyone out, but I think there needs to be much stronger regulation by law officers of immigrants.

+ they are young, male, away from social pressure (which is basically the law in many Arab cultures), and are identityless because they threw away their passport. They can do anything because nobody knows who they are and it doesn't matter if they stay in jail for a couple of days.

lednerg

I think we should finally take a good long look at Woodstock '99 and come to terms with what needs to be done with those rich, white Americans. Good riddance, I say. If they finally decide to assimilate into our way of thinking, then we can consider allowing them back into our society.

I think we should finally take a good long look at Woodstock '99 and come to terms with what needs to be done with those rich, white Americans. Good riddance, I say. If they finally decide to assimilate into our way of thinking, then we can consider allowing them back into our society.
Good example of whataboutism there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom