• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German swimming bath bans migrants due to defecating and masturbating in pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

There's literally posts saying "a German probably pissed in a local pool this week, watcha gonna do".

Those are the posts I'm referring to.

That's not a defense of the people committing the acts in the story. That's expressing incredulity that you would ban an entire group of people from a swimming pool because of the acts of a tiny minority of them.

That's not a defense of the people committing the acts in the story. That's expressing incredulity that you would ban an entire group of people from a swimming pool because of the acts of a tiny minority of them.

Those posts are not wrong and have nothing to do with excusing the rapey shit. They're just responding to the main topic here which is the pool shitter.

I wouldn't ban the group for one person shitting in a pool. I wouldn't ban an ethnic group for any reason based on the actions of a few, I just don't see how the defecating part is the main topic. I'd assume the men trying to break into the women's rooms to be the main topic.

BigDes

I wouldn't ban the group for one person shitting in a pool. I wouldn't ban an ethnic group for any reason based on the actions of a few, I just don't see how the defecating part is the main topic. I'd assume the men trying to break into the women's rooms to be the main topic.

Neither of them should be the main topic. The main topic should be about the swimming pool's massively disproportionate and discriminatory response.

Weckum

Your statement is correct.

When I was little I saw a Dutch guy crap in a local pool as well. It wasn't fun. Also, I've seen a Dutch guy masturbate in a public pool.

By the by, there was also a Dutch swimming teacher who molested a shitton of mentally handicapped girls while teaching them how to swim.

BigDes

The more I read about the migrant situation the more it feels like they over played their hand.

Who over played their hand? Germany? Possibly they let in far more people than they could reasonably handle, though I suspect not. I suspect they let in enough people that migrants aren't invisible to people anymore and this is what is causing tensions.

Or did the migrants overplay their hand? If so I would like to know how. Makes it seem like they were plotting something and well overplayed their hand.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I really think people need to do a bit more critical thinking before they jump on the outrage bandwagon these days. Just take a step back and try to see the this story through a lens that isn't tainted by the "barbarian hordes are coming to destroy Europe". narrative.

It's a story about a local pool in Germany struggling to enforce rules with an influx of new users. Some men have defecated and masturbated in pools. Take out the narrative component, and the outrage goes down doesn't it?

Just a reminder that these people are a very small percentage of the immigrant population. Most of the people are just grateful to be somewhere safe but these fucking idiots just make them all look like savages.

How in the fuck is this a small percentage when news like this come on a daily basis in Europe now. Murders, rapes, beatings, scandals, harassment and what not. And it's been going on for months now.
A friend of mine worked as a security guard in a refugee camp in Heidelberg, Germany. He was there for only a week because he couldn't take it anymore. There was a stabbing with a kitchen knife just the day before he left and he said the general atmosphere was that of prison gang wars...

akira28

How in the fuck is this a small percentage when news like this come on a daily basis in Europe now. Murders, rapes, beatings, scandals, harassment and what not. And it's been going on for months now.
A friend of mine worked as a security guard in a refugee camp in Heidelberg, Germany. He was there for only a week because he couldn't take it anymore. There was a stabbing with a kitchen knife just the day before he left and he said the general atmosphere was that of prison gang wars...

I feel like some exaggerations might be unintentionally included in this post.

Rasko? what do you have to say for yourself?

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
When "man poops in pool" or "man gropes girl" is what it takes to make the news, then it doesn't matter how small the percentage is - with millions of refugees, you'll be getting daily stories.

BigDes

Murders, rapes, beatings, scandals, harassment and what not happen everyday in the UK too.

However it is still only a small percentage of the UK populace that are involved in these incidents.

There are what over a million refugees in Europe now, if everyday one of them commits a brutal crime that is still only a small percentage.

Fusebox

Banned
I really think people need to do a bit more critical thinking before they jump on the outrage bandwagon these days. Just take a step back and try to see the this story through a lens that isn't tainted by the "barbarian hordes are coming to destroy Europe". narrative.

It's a story about a local pool in Germany struggling to enforce rules with an influx of new users. Some men have defecated and masturbated in pools. Take out the narrative component, and the outrage goes down doesn't it?

But you took out the narrative and half of the reported acts too. It wasn't just wanking and crapping, the stuff about women's change rooms is by far the worse component of this story imo.

Aselith

Those people came from a homeland that was a war zone and they're living in a camp with security guards. Shit like that will strip away a lot of your humanity. This stuff needs to be responded to but just calling them savages as a group and writing them off is not the way. Deal with individuals instead of letting racism take root in your mind and actions.

If anything, prisoners live a better and much more stable life than these refugees.

BigDes

But you took out the narrative and half of the reported acts too. It wasn't just wanking and crapping, the stuff about women's change rooms is by far the worse component of this story imo.

But again why does this justify the demonizing of an entire group? When every story about a migrant being a criminal gets twisted into all migrants are criminals its not wrong to stop and analyse these news articles.

You're not finding much because it's not actually news. It's a isolated incident. These kinds of things happen all over the planet, even in civilized societies such as our own. The only reason we're hearing about this is because they're refugees, it's a story being spread in order to color our opinion of them as a people. You don't see anything disturbing about that?

This. So one guy out of 1.1 million is shitting in a pool and it makes it into International News? Are you guys serious in here? Do you not see how you are getting played by right-wing extremists?

I get the humanitarian angle and all but it's pretty obvious that Germany have totally mismanaged this situation.

Dude. Again, this is about how many people? Out of over a million??? How is this, or similar events, a sign for "mismanagement"?

Think for just one moment. Let's assume the number of people who got in the news reports in the last few months were about 1000 persons. 1000. Out of 1.1 million refugees and 11 million migrants in Germany. That's, what.. less than 0,01% of those people? You guys are saying because less than 0,01 percent of people have done such crimes, the situation is "out of control"? This is beyond insane. You guys should stop reading sources like Breitbart and start looking at the facts. Also, BILD is about on the same level as FOX News.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Those people came from a homeland that was a war zone and they're living in a camp with security guards. Shit like that will strip away a lot of your humanity. This stuff needs to be responded to but just calling them savages as a group and writing them off is not the way. Deal with individuals instead of letting racism take root in your mind and actions.

If anything, prisoners live a better and much more stable life than these refugees.

Careful.

Pointing this out, in my experience, will easily make people think of you as defending the unsavory stuff happening :/

Calabria

Banned
Too expensive.

pretty much. resources are pretty much stretched to breaking point in Germany at this point I assume

but can't fault the management though, it is what it is, they have to open the pool, while maintaining the order and security. and they have to work under the budget. So if they see the repeating pattern, they take the most practical way to deal with the situation

spekkeh

Banned
Gemüsepizza;193428710 said:
Think for just one moment. Let's assume the number of people who got in the news reports in the last few months were about 1000 persons. 1000. Out of 1.1 million refugees and 11 million migrants in Germany. That's, what.. less than 0,01% of those people? You guys are saying because less than 0,01 percent of people have done such crimes, the situation is "out of control"? This is beyond insane. You guys should stop reading sources like Breitbart and start looking at the facts. Also, BILD is about on the same level as FOX News.
While I'm not saying there's a very real problem with people in echo chambers getting themselves worked up over an imagined fear, your numbers don't really add up because those 1.1 million don't all go to the pool. For Baden gmbh it might be 1 out of 5 asylum seekers causing serious problems as opposed to 1 in 10,000 Germans. This would make the refugee situation quite pressing for them.

petran79

Banned
These migrants all these years are escaping authorities in various countries and they end up in the land of authority: Germany!

lednerg

In any group as large as 1.1 million people, you're going to find some assholes doing horrific things. There's no getting around it. In America, there's 42 murders per 1 million people annually, for example.

I have it on good authority that no white German men have committed any crimes or indecent acts since the refugee influx, so this is extra shocking.

Gemüsepizza;193428710 said:
This. So one guy out of 1.1 million is shitting in a pool and it makes it into International News? Are you guys serious in here? Do you not see how you are getting played by right-wing extremists?

Dude. Again, this is about how many people? Out of over a million??? How is this, or similar events, a sign for "mismanagement"?

Editing you message doesn't mean you didn't insult me at first. Putting out those numbers like that just shows ignorance. There's a explanation bellow.

While I'm not saying there's a very real problem with people in echo chambers getting themselves worked up over an imagined fear, your numbers don't really add up because those 1.1 million don't all go to the pool. For Baden gmbh it might be 1 out of 5 asylum seekers causing serious problems as opposed to 1 in 10,000 Germans. This would make the refugee situation quite pressing for them.

lednerg

So is there just one pool in Germany?

warthog

If the penalty for criminal behavior is sending your ass back to where you came from, then I believe it would not be too hard for people who come from a really bad place, not to cause too many problems.
That way people who need and want help, and there are many, don't have to suffer because of a subgroup of scum.

In any group as large as 1.1 million people, you're going to find some assholes doing horrific things. There's no getting around it. In America, there's 42 murders per 1 million people annually, for example.

the issue is what proportion of those million are causing trouble? these posts that sum up to "shit happens" or say "hey (insert country here)'s citizens commit crimes too" are true, but deflecting. if there is a much larger percent of refugees causing trouble in comparison to a percent of Germany's citizens causing similar trouble, there is a problem. we need quantifiable data

also since when is "young men trying to force their way into the women and girls dressing rooms" a normal occurrence in Germany? i only mean in response to the "Germans do it too" posts. (serious)

Editing you message doesn't mean you didn't insult me at first. Putting out those numbers like that just shows ignorance. There's a explanation bellow.

This was hardly an insult. You are being ignorant there. I simply pointed that out.

The 1.1 million refugees and 11 million migrants don't go all to that pool, yes. But they have access to other pools. We don't really hear any stories from them. Saying this is a "refugee problem" is misleading. And the people who spread this report, claiming it is a "refugee problem" know this. They have an agenda.

Calabria

Banned
I have it on good authority that no white German men have committed any crimes or indecent acts since the refugee influx, so this is extra shocking.

there is, but it just wouldn't be talked in forums like this right? just like when Turkish committing crimes in Turkey, or Chinese in China, etc

the issue is what proportion of those million are causing trouble? these posts that sum up to "shit happens" or say "hey (insert country here)'s citizens commit crimes too" are true, but deflecting. if there is a much larger percent of refugees causing trouble in comparison to a percent of Germany's citizens causing similar trouble, there is a problem. we need quantifiable data

Like I said. It is clear from the numbers that these problems are massively overexaggerated. You also can't really compare those numbers with German citiziens 1:1. You have to adjust because of income / wealth / social situation.

also since when is "young men trying to force their way into the women and girls dressing rooms" a daily occurrence in Germany? (serious)

This part is likely speculation/exaggeration from the source (Breitbart?). If such a thing did occur, the police had to be notified, and criminal charges would have been filed. There are no police reports of such a thing.

lednerg

If someone wants to explain why the incident at this pool should make me feel one way or the other about a group of 1.1 million people, then I'm all ears. Seems to me like it's a story being floated out there to paint people's perceptions to match an anti-refugee agenda, but what do I know? Maybe the whole lot of them are crazen pool defilers and worse, and somebody's crunched the numbers to prove this definitively.

Godwin's law in full effect

I don't think Godwin's Law pertains to actual Nazi's. I could be wrong, though.

In Finland we get these kinds of "news" pretty much daily and pretty much each and all of them have been (later) proved as hoaxes so far.

Hope the message board doesn't explode with reports of drunk germans defacating and groping on the streets of Cologne, Duesseldorf and Mainz in the weeks of Karneval ahead of us.

We are making threads for each and everyone of these reports, no matter who the perp, right?

DerZuhälter;193432832 said:
Hope the message board doesn't explode with reports of drunk germans defacating and groping on the streets of Cologne, Duesseldorf and Mainz in the weeks of Karneval ahead of us.

We are making threads for each and everyone of these reports, no matter who the perp, right?

I suspect those won't make international news. Just a hunch.

Chuckie

DerZuhälter;193432832 said:

This usually happens? Have there been mass gropings/sexual assaults like those in Cologne during New Years Eve in the weeks of Karneval?

Your post seems to suggest this will happen in the weeks ahead of us.

Weckum

This usually happens? Have there been mass gropings/sexual assaults like those in Cologne during New Years Eve in the weeks of Karneval?

Your post seems to suggest this will happen in the weeks ahead of us.

I'm pretty sure it happens based on my Karneval experiences in the Netherlands, it just doesn't get reported as much by the women and the media.

Lelouch

Neo Member
Sensationalist writing style aside, it's supposedly pretty credible for stuff actually labeled news. If I'm wrong, a mod can lock this thread.

NO! It's definitely not. Bild is horrible even for tabloid standards. Germans joke about it lying about the weather. It's a accumulation of vile racism and sexism.

More credible sources:

Welt (also very right-wing, but no tabloid and only mildly racist) writes about the reasons being clipping toenails in the shower, jumping in the pool, wearing underwear and making pictures of people. Something people should teach them not to do, but banning is overreacting. That is stuff I see German people do all the time.
Not a source I blindly trust, but if even they write it that way, it can't be that bad.
http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article151435401/Fluechtlinge-bekommen-Zutritt-nur-mit-Badepass.html

Neues Deutschland (left-wing) says that a woman complained because foreigners looked at her and made lewd gestures. They temporarily banned "foreign looking people" because of that.
No violation of law, only Germans complaining about being annoyed. Ban was enforced by conservative politician, the pool owner themselves were against the ban.
http://www.neues-deutschland.de/artikel/998246.fluechtlinge-aus-schwimmhalle-verbannt.html

FYI, Bild makes up something sexual for like every one of their headlines, either tits or penises or masturbating. But proves to be bullshit every time.

Symphonia

Banned
It doesn't state ALL migrants are banned, it could just be referring to the migrants in the article. I mean, how are we getting in to yet another race/nationality debate? Their race or nationality has sweet fuck all to do with it. They were banned because they were shitting and ejaculating in a goddamn public pool, not to mention they were forcing their way in to the girls changing rooms. How fucked up do you have to be to try and defend that? Oh, yeah, they tried molesting a girl in the changing rooms, but its OK...they're of X nationality.

Chuckie

I'm pretty sure it happens based on my Karneval experiences in the Netherlands, it just doesn't get reported as much by the women and the media.

So the stuff like in Cologne has happened before, but because it weren't immigrants the women failed to report it, as did the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom