• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting laid on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjc571

Banned
Put up an ad on Craigslist, "casual encounters". Didn't give out any personal info other than my age.

Got a response from someone who claims she's interested. Doesn't provide any info except what town she lives in.

Sent an email asking for her picture.

Got a much longer response. Says she's 23, we can meet at her house or a hotel, but she wants to meet me tonight first in public somewhere (which I can't do anyway).

Says she wants to speak but is too scared to give out her phone # (WTF? Huge red flag there). Links to her profile at some casual dating website. Profile says she's 26 (hmm...) Looks pretty good in her profile pic (though I can only see her face). Try viewing the rest of her pics but it says I have to sign up first. Signed up and tried viewing her pics again, says I need a paid membership to see them (yikes).

Now I'm really worried. Researched the site she linked me to, found a bunch of reviews saying it's a scam site. Apparently most, if not all, of the accounts there are fakes trying to lure people to the site and get them to sign up. A few lines in her second email make it seem like this is the case for her. On the other hand, I'm not sure why she would tell me where she lives and specify a meeting place if this was the case.

I was going to send a response pumping her for more information/demand her phone number, but reading through all of this, it's becoming pretty apparent that I should RUN LIKE HELL and never look back. On the other hand, I really want to get laid. What should I do?

larry-david-worried-gif.gif

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Try reverse image searching the pics she gave you, I'm betting they'll show up all over.

sn00zer

Put up an ad on Craigslist, "casual encounters". Didn't give out any personal info other than my age.

Got a response from someone who claims she's interested. Doesn't provide any info except what town she lives in.

Got a much longer response. Says she's 23, we can meet at her house or a hotel, but she wants to meet me tonight first in public somewhere (which I can't do anyway).

Says she wants to speak but is too scared to give out her phone # (WTF? Huge red flag there). Links to her profile at some casual dating website. Profile says she's 26 (hmm...) Looks pretty good in her profile pic (though I can only see her face). Try viewing the rest of her pics but it says I have to sign up first. Signed up and tried viewing her pics again, says I need a paid membership to see them (yikes).

Now I'm really worried. Researched the site she linked me to, found a bunch of reviews saying it's a scam site. Apparently most, if not all, of the accounts there are fakes trying to lure people to the site and get them to sign up. A few lines in her second email make it seem like this is the case for her. On the other hand, I'm not sure why she would tell me where she lives and specify a meeting place if this was the case.

I was going to send a response pumping her for more information/demand her phone number, but reading through all of this, it's becoming pretty apparent that I should RUN LIKE HELL and never look back. On the other hand, I really want to get laid. What should I do?

How about you stop looking for anonymous sex from strangers and go out and talk to people

Pastry

Banned

Try OKCupid or Plenty of Fish?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Go to a bar

LuchaShaq

Banned
Despite all the hateful posts you will get I used to use craiglist for 2-3 hookups a week 5-6 years ago.

Just be safe. Use protection, let a friend know what address you might be going to if he doesn't hear from you for a day etc.

That said if anyone ever sends you a link to a site for their pics involving a signup/cC number? It is obviously a scam is this your first day on the internet?

kirblar

Scam. She's not real. Sorry bro. :(

obin_gam

This sounds like it could develop into something very bad very quick :/ I'm not sure setting up meetings with strange people is something anyone should do.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

GLgIctx.gif

AkuMifune

Banned
Just pay for a hooker.

This. Seriously. Craigslist is the bottom of the barrel, you're better off hitting up your local backpage and just paying a hooker. If you really need to lay down with a skank for free, there's always your local dive bar.

EDIT: What city OP?

Mesoian

You're going to get mugged and stabbed doing this.

Nekofrog

Banned
This is what will happen:

You will agree to meet in public. She will not show up, because she's really a rob crew scoping you out to see if you're an easy target.

She'll say give an excuse as to why she couldn't show up, but schedule a fuckdate.

You show up, and instead of you giving her the old in and out, you'll be getting it. With a knife.

Stick to myredbook or whatever the equiv is for your region.

rjc571

Banned
So, like, should I cancel the email address I was using? Maybe sign up for a new identity? How far do I need to go to make sure I don't end up in a body bag?

TommyT

Try reverse image searching the pics she gave you, I'm betting they'll show up all over.

Yup, really the best thing you can do if you're unsure about the pics. OP, you should never go to a link someone on craigslist sends you. There's no need for that.

Now, as far as getting laid from someone on CL in general: Can be good or bad, just all depends. There's plenty of 'normal' people on there that won't drug you or be riddled with disease. I'd personally never meet anyone at a hotel room, or their place. I'd always suggest they come to mine (or I'd get a room).

So, like, should I cancel the email address I was using? Maybe sign up for a new identity? How far do I need to go to make sure I don't end up in a body bag?

Hopefully you aren't using a main email address for this. Personally, I'd use an email address that is ONLY dedicated for this purpose. Oh, and always use slightly off information. Like if your real name is Bob, use Rob. Sounds close enough to where if they moan/scream it, it won't cause too many issues.

A HEADS UP ---- There is a VERY popular scam going on where someone will respond and get your pictures and whatever information they can from you, and post your picture on a "predator" website that will allow you to have your information removed for $99. Complete scam, but just be wary.

99.99 of those ads are spam bots asking you to sign up to a paid website. I've also seen men responding to ads looking for women, send fake photos and arrive at the guy's place hoping he'll get some action. A journalist did an investigation into the world of sex ads on these websites - I'll try to search for that article if anyone's interested

Zozz

Banned
I say you should do it. Explore all avenues and options, I've heard some good success stories from CL hookups. Just remember to wrap it up, no matter what and how hot it is.

params7

Banned
Pray for the OP.

lol there is no way this is going to turn out well. CL Casual encounters isn't for M4W one night stands, its a spammers paradise and only good for M4M meetups. And the chicks who do post there...you'd really have to have low standards, that's all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom