• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

Just watched Dr. Strangelove for the first time thanks to Drew.

I thought it was friggin' hilarious and tense at the same time. Kojima even got the possessed arm from it too.

kai3345

Banned
I like how they clearly show in the trailers that the "horn" is a piece of shrapnel lodged in Snake's head, but neither of them still get it

CMvBkmwWgAAQ2AP.jpg

#1 Cool Guy

Just got to the part in the Ground Zeroes video where Drew
gets into the truck.

Gonna whip out my top 5 MGScanlon moments cuz that shit is about to change no matter what happens.

My only death in my first playthrough was Paz getting lit the fuck up by the APCs because I didn't notice them when I ran out. Then I immediately noticed the truck and did exactly what Drew did
except Ride of the Valkyries was playing and I was being shot at as I ran my ass to the chopper

I hope they don't do MGSV at all. I'd rather they play the game on their own time so that they can enjoy it properly without their audience spoiling the game for them and commenting how they're playing this brand spanking new game terribly and why do they suck at a game that just came out, it's not possible.

But they really should do MGR. I get not wanting to do PW because it's really tedious to get the true ending but there's zero/cipher reasons to not give MGR a fair chance. If dan can't enjoy it let Jeff get in on the action instead.

Xater

I hope they don't do MGSV at all. I'd rather they play the game on their own time so that they can enjoy it properly without their audience spoiling the game for them and commenting how they're playing this brand spanking new game terribly and why do they suck at a game that just came out, it's not possible.

But they really should do MGR. I get not wanting to do PW because it's really tedious to get the true ending but there's zero/cipher reasons to not give MGR a fair chance. If dan can't enjoy it let Jeff get in on the action instead.

They already said it if they ever did it it would be after everyone is done with it.

Zaph

I'd like them to play through it alone, then play it again on camera some time in 2016 during a quiet period. Think it'll be a fitting end to the series having Dan and Drew talk openly about the entire story as they play 5 again, without having to worry about spoilers etc.

They already said it if they ever did it it would be after everyone is done with it.

I'd like them to play through it alone, then play it again on camera some time in 2016 during a quiet period. Think it'll be a fitting end to the series having Dan and Drew talk openly about the entire story as they play 5 again, without having to worry about spoilers etc.

eh, that defeats most of my reasons for watching this series. I enjoyed watching a newcomer try to overcome these big budget but obtusely designed japanese stealth anime games with a vet there to serve as a guiding hand both for gameplay and story purposes.

If they both already know how to play the game, what to expect story-wise, and have gone through the campaign before then, for me, it defeats the purpose of them playing it. I don't want to see two people who have played the game play it again while being somewhat bored by the whole thing since they've seen it all already.

Zaph

eh, that defeats most of my reasons for watching this series. I enjoyed watching a newcomer try to overcome these big budget but obtusely designed japanese stealth anime games with a vet there to serve as a guiding hand both for gameplay and story purposes.

But the obtusely designed gameplay is pretty much entirely modernised for MGS5, so they might as well try to get something else out of the game.

Pouring one out for Strut F memories.

Mike.83

Think there is any chance of them doing two Quicklooks for MGSV?

I'd like to see one with Drew playing with Jeff or Brad, then one with Dan playing it with Jeff or Brad, to see how they both handle the same part of the game.

Would it really make a difference? The series is about drew discovering the series, not dan.

Look, i know my metal gear videogame launches. I'm an expert, you can even say.

Since MGS2, as soon as an MGS game launches it's pretty much a race against internet spoilers to finish the game before some foul corner of the internet tells you that chico is quiet. So, for drew's sake, i hope he understands that he's got about a week to play that game before it's completely ruined for him.

For example, i tried to hold off on GZ because I didn't want to pay for something that was 90 minutes long. Then, it was vagina bombs, vagina bombs everywhere. ended up picking it up for cheap at the gamestop because the internet.

I feel like Metal Gear Scanlon has been the perfect way for me to experience the series. I played 1-4 previously, but I wouldn't really have called myself a fan. Now I'm excited for 5 in a way I never would have been otherwise.

DamnBoxes

I feel like Metal Gear Scanlon has been the perfect way for me to experience the series. I played 1-4 previously, but I wouldn't really have called myself a fan. Now I'm excited for 5 in a way I never would have been otherwise.

As someone who has never played 1-4 (and probably never will) MGScanlon has been amazing for getting me into the series and all set and ready to go for MGSV. I am waaaaay down the rabbit hole now.

Curufinwe

Think there is any chance of them doing two Quicklooks for MGSV?

I'd like to see one with Drew playing with Jeff or Brad, then one with Dan playing it with Jeff or Brad, to see how they both handle the same part of the game.

And with P5 there needs to a GBEast QL and one where Jeff and Drew explain Persona to Dan.

Anyone have rough timecode estimates on this week's Bombcast for when they talk about MGS4 stuff? Still got another week before I can finish it, but I have a long-ass car trip tomorrow and really want to listen to the majority of the 'cast.

Xater

There are probably at least 5 better card game son mobile than Triple Triad. Why play that shit?

If we go outside of the CCG realm even more.

"Oh, they have Invoker." - Brad Shoemaker, Lord's Management Enthusiast
There are probably at least 5 better card game son mobile than Triple Triad. Why play that shit?

If we go outside of the CCG realm even more.

Because gwent doesn't have a standalone game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom