• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting around to listening to Beastcast. First episode they talk about how there is no way Destiny is profitable yet. Ummmm......

And despite the large investment, which Dennis will talk about -- or maybe because of that large investment, we were able to be profitable from day one, and we think it's only a matter of time now before it becomes our next billion-dollar franchise.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2639615-activision-blizzards-atvi-ceo-michael-morhaime-on-q3-2014-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

For shame GB East. For shame.

Finally getting around to listening to Beastcast. First episode they talk about how there is no way Destiny is profitable yet. Ummmm......

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2639615-activision-blizzards-atvi-ceo-michael-morhaime-on-q3-2014-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

For shame GB East. For shame.

I think a better argument is whether Destiny is meeting or exceeding expectations.

Given that Activision loves to boast about their numbers, that they haven't released hard figures regarding destiny is somewhat telling regarding that. We all know that if Destiny had exceeded their expectations we would be getting those numbers, much in the same way that had Titanfall met or exceeded EA's expectations they would've released figures, too.

So maybe the game is making some loot but it's not doing the type of figures they had come to expect.

Anyone have rough timecode estimates on this week's Bombcast for when they talk about MGS4 stuff? Still got another week before I can finish it, but I have a long-ass car trip tomorrow and really want to listen to the majority of the 'cast.

I wish I could give you timestamps, but I can tell you that they cover MGS4 during the games segment for maybe 15 mins or so, and then there's an extended diatribe by Jeff during the emails section that goes on for maybe 15-20 mins (you'll know it's starting when Brad reads the first of two MGS-related emails). Hope this helps a bit.

I wish I could give you timestamps, but I can tell you that they cover MGS4 during the games segment for maybe 15 mins or so, and then there's an extended diatribe by Jeff during the emails section that goes on for maybe 15-20 mins (you'll know it's starting when Brad reads the first of two MGS-related emails). Hope this helps a bit.
Thank you!

TraBuch

Banned
Air Force Gator has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon. Is it legitimately a good book or is it just a bunch of Dan/GB fans giving it a high rating just because?

Myggen

Like an apple watch?

He never bought one I think.

But yeah, he buys a lot of technology, but as I understand it he's generally so cheap with money that he's said he's trying to spend more now and don't just save everything. So it's not surprising to me that he wouldn't want to spend any money on F2P games.

Air Force Gator has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon. Is it legitimately a good book or is it just a bunch of Dan/GB fans giving it a high rating just because?

it's metal gear fanfic but with an anthropomorphic gator who is in the air force. depending on how that makes you feel, it could be a true gem of a read or just nonsense

repeater

Heroes of the Storm Quicklook! I thought Brad would be playing. I kinda wish they still did TNTs and had a HoTs night.
How about an "Us vs. Them" session of HoTS? Obviously, East would have to call in Bakalar and someone else to get a full team, and Brad should probably sit that one out, but.. could be fun?

Wonder if Shadowrun: Hong Kong will get looked at. Dragonfall was ignored despite being a great game released in two editions and the first game being well received at the site.

also, going to the discussion of the NX not launching next year:

While i can understand that they think it's too soon because not enough time has passed since the WiiU launched, if the NX is a true hybrid console then Nintendo's real concern would be replacing the 3DS, not the WiiU. And there's definitely been enough time since the 3ds's release to start ramping up to the successor.

Add to that the just-announced $99 2ds price drop and while maybe a late 2016 release of NX isn't happening I wouldn't be shocked by a Spring 2017 release at all.

Xater

also, going to the discussion of the NX not launching next year:

While i can understand that they think it's too soon because not enough time has passed since the WiiU launched, if the NX is a true hybrid console then Nintendo's real concern would be replacing the 3DS, not the WiiU. And there's definitely been enough time since the 3ds's release to start ramping up to the successor.

Add to that the just-announced $99 2ds price drop and while maybe a late 2016 release of NX isn't happening I wouldn't be shocked by a Spring 2017 release at all.

Also the WiiU is a sales failure. That's enough of a reason to cut it's lifespan short.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Heroes of the Storm quick look was pretty fun. Dan clearly is new to the game, but he wasn't flat out wrong about anything even if he doesn't know everything there is. Brad's a lot less dismissive than he was when he did that huge unfinished video on the game, but I love that it sounds like it might lead to another UPF Dota segment. His help was all on point here and he even guessed at a couple of mechanics that Dan didn't know about yet.

Jeff:"Welcome to UPF ladies and gentleman. We got alot of different games for you tonight!"
Dan:"I'm going to be playing Heroes of the Storm, a Hero Brawler"
Drew:"I'm going to be playing Fates Forever, a MOBA"
Brad:"I'm going to be playing DotA2, a DotA"

Yeah, Brad was on point with keeping an eye on his map. In this game especially since after the first minute or so objectives usually light up, and that's when you want to work with your team to get that objective.

I think Dan's onto something with the two Big Bosses thing. It would explain how he "survived" after MG2. That would mean he had 4 clones, though (Evil Big Boss, Solidus, Liquid, and Solid). Of course, that would then make 5 different versions of Big Boss aka V. That kind of crazy number thing is exactly what Kojima would do.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff:"Welcome to UPF ladies and gentleman. We got alot of different games for you tonight!"
Dan:"I'm going to be playing Heroes of the Storm, a Hero Brawler"
Drew:"I'm going to be playing Fates Forever, a MOBA"
Brad:"I'm going to be playing DotA2, a DotA"

Yeah, Brad was on point with keeping an eye on his map. In this game especially since after the first minute or so objectives usually light up, and that's when you want to work with your team to get that objective.

Also with asking about XP range on the creep wave, that's exactly how it works. Basic HOTS strategy says to keep at least one person in a lane near the creep wave at all times until level 10 so you can get all XP on the map. If you wander away and don't have anybody covering the lane, you'll lose out on that XP and risk the other team getting a skill tier above you. Then there was his general genre advice like calm down with the ult usage and watch your mana. The last time he was doing a regular Dota series, Brad was still pretty new to the game. Easy to forget that he'd have picked up a ton of knowledge since then.

Also that was totally Miller all those times he said it wasn't Miller, who else wears those aviators and is missing both and arm and a leg.

This one blew me away, Dan has said some pretty stupid things over the course of Scanlon (worst offense being that he repeatedly spoils things mere moments before they are revealed) but not recognizing Kaz is incredibly silly, he can recognize Volgin from his pants but he thinks Campbell when Kaz shows up!?

Dan Ryckert is confirmed as to putting his fingers in the correct positions on the keys for a moba.

the fingers go on QWE. The pointer finger moves over to press R when the time comes.

If you put your pinky on Q get out of my face

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan Ryckert is confirmed as to putting his fingers in the correct positions on the keys for a moba.

the fingers go on QWE. The pointer finger moves over to press R when the time comes.

If you put your pinky on Q get out of my face

Pinky is needed for shift/ctrl. Gotta have quick access to self-cast.

Nearing the end of this thread, so here's the list of shame:

zQ0GsSx.png

This is probably the closest I've ever come to making the Giant Bomb Wall of Shame. Funnily enough, I easily have the most posts over in the Kinda Funny forum. However, I have way more posts over here and yet I am at least several hundred posts away from you. The power of Giant Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom