• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wow what a bunch of shitheads responding to patrick. Like holy shit move on with your lives.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow what a bunch of shitheads responding to patrick. Like holy shit move on with your lives.

It sucks for him and most of the people working for the sites, but it sucked when he started there. You choose who to work for and it was already public knowledge that gawker was fucking scum. He shouldn't be getting the backlash for it and it's probably coming from people who don't even give a little bit of a damn about the actual repulsive shit gawker lives by anyway though.

Watching that Pokken quicklook and during the fight with the Lucha Pikachu i realized that its actually a girl.

I guess some stuff still sticks out even after many many years being out of that scene and also female wrestlers in fighting games are seemingly on the rise this year

Kelas

It sucks for him and most of the people working for the sites, but it sucked when he started there. You choose who to work for and it was already public knowledge that gawker was fucking scum. He shouldn't be getting the backlash for it and it's probably coming from people who don't even give a little bit of a damn about the actual repulsive shit gawker lives by anyway though.

Yeah, gawker is awful, but the lawsuit stuff seems almost incidental to the replies he's getting. It's just another opportunity for the same group of largely-anonymous angry gamerz to personally attack someone for, I dunno, conspiring against them or oppressing them or something? Who even knows anymore.

Volotaire

Yesterday's post-UPF Mixlr was pretty good, so I put it up on GBU for easy access https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oiLAF4dsY8

One man bombcast about everything that's happened this week.

Great, thanks!

Nearly time to say goodbye to yet another thread.

EDIT: Handy timestamps in the first comment by GB Archived
GB Archived said:
00:46 - Gawker / Hulk
11:26 - PS4.5 / Xbox One.5
25:33 - VR & Hololens
30:14 - Nintendo NX Controller
36:13 - Controlling VR Games & Longevity
41:47 - Industry Instability & Iteration
46:30 - Phone Upgrades
49:30 - Leaks Out Of Context
51:20 - Xbox360 Upgrade Rumors
53:06 - Launching Consoles

kingocfs

I can't imagine many in his situation would decline a stable job offer from Gawker because they didn't totally agree with their work. Especially in this volatile industry. I can't blame Patrick for working there whatsoever.

justjim89

It's so great that Best of Giant Bomb has been made official site content. Seems like it's coming out at a faster, more steady clip these days.

Watching UPF and I'm wondering why there are women jammed into a dark corner of the studio.

Watching that Pokken quicklook and during the fight with the Lucha Pikachu i realized that its actually a girl.

I guess some stuff still sticks out even after many many years being out of that scene and also female wrestlers in fighting games are seemingly on the rise this year

She's R. Pika.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't imagine many in his situation would decline a stable job offer from Gawker because they didn't totally agree with their work. Especially in this volatile industry. I can't blame Patrick for working there whatsoever.

That's one approach. I, on the other hand, can't feel any real sympathy when that garbage pile finally fucking burns down. I've been in a similar situation working for a company whose core business I found disgusting and I got out of there before I had a new job because I couldn't take working for them any more. It's still a choice he made and at the end of the day I'm more glad that he's out of a job if it means no more gawker than I am upset that he lost a job because he seems to be a good person working for bad people.

Gawker's continued existence is a huge net negative for humanity. It affected more people in more negative ways than a few dozen people being forced to look for a job.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The nice thing about that UPF was that you could completely ignore what Brad was doing, like everyone on the set did.

Yeah thank god for that. How many times are Drew/Brad going to bring awful IOS games to UPF before they realize they are the opposite of fun to watch?

JonCha

One of the best UPFs that I've seen in a while. Whenever Lang's on it's usually entertaining.

And Trackmania looked cool, too. I've been playing a bit of the beta and it's very fun.

Kelas

Bombcast where Jeff was talking about his high school life and after going through some self-study program he graduated early and his math teacher said that to him shortly before resigning.

oh right, I did listen to that. I like it, so it gets my vote.

Watching UPF and I'm wondering why there are women jammed into a dark corner of the studio.

Had this thought too. The only women there and they're shuttered off to a dark side area where they can't really talk cause it's so close to the show. I assumed they'd be on the couch at some point. Seemed like a bit of a misstep there.

JonCha

Had this thought too. The only women there and they're shuttered off to a dark side area where they can't really talk cause it's so close to the show. I assumed they'd be on the couch at some point. Seemed like a bit of a misstep there.

Yeah, seemed like the discussion around Dan's exploits lasted for way too long and they planned on rotating them in.

Lijik

More like flabbergasted in my case. It's absurdity that you don't witness a lot in real life.

honestly, after the story he told about how he was able to talk a professor into letting him skip an entire semester but still getting full course credit out of it you can tell me anything about Dan and I'll go "yeah that makes sense"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
honestly, after the story he told about how he was able to talk a professor into letting him skip an entire semester but still getting full course credit out of it you can tell me anything about Dan and I'll go "yeah that makes sense"

Did you know he once talked Brad Shoemaker into playing a video game in a way meant to entertain?

No, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom