• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 4 - KeSPA Strikes Back

zargle

OSL is on TV, it runs on a TV schedule. A Bo5 can go for anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. You can't do 2 of them in a single prime time TV day.

This may be true, but it is still a long time between content. And their decision to do Bo1's for the first part is still annoying/baffling to me.

Mairu

Haunted

It's not like people are expecting Dreamhack quality from GSL, just something better than a 240p ustream ca 2007, maybe?

Jezbollah

Have you guys been experiencing problems with the VOD playback on GOMTV recently?

Tried watching Rain vs Hero last night and it was crappy as hell. Had to pause and wait for a few minutes for the stream to buffer before resuming. Never had that with Gom, and I also have a uber fibre connection at my place...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thanks for that. I just found this thread at GOM specifically referencing the past day

http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=226327&cid=0&kind=8
For here:
Dear GOMTV.net users,

For the past few days some users have been experiencing slow VOD playback.

First of all, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We have been thoroughly checking our system and were unable to find any problems with our network structure, the problem is therefore out of our direct control. We are currently in the process of gathering details of users who are experiencing problems and have been analyzing the problem and are looking for a solution.

If you experience problems, please send an e-mail with the the following information to support@gomtv.net

- Type of Operating system and Web Browser
- Location (Country, city)
- Title of the VODs you tried to watch
- Result of the GOMTV.net bandwidth check, which can be found here:
http://www.gomtv.net/process/speedCheck.gom
- Whether you are able to watch sample VODs here without problems:
http://www.gomtv.net/process/videoSample.gom?num=100 (HQ)
http://www.gomtv.net/process/videoSample.gom?num=101 (SQ)
- Your Internet Service Provider
- Type of your Antivirus Software if any
- Whether you have your firewall turned on
- Whether you are trying to use the service from home, work, school or someplace else

Please do not post this information on the forum. In order to protect your privacy, these posts will be deleted. Please relay all information to support@gomtv.net

Thank you for your understanding and once again apologies for any inconvenince caused.

GOMTV.net
Wow, that sample VOD starts with Artosis saying shit and the production quality is so much worse than what we have now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Standard LR rules apply: No balance whining, no KeSPA vs. GomTV inciting, no excessive derailing ESPECIALLY when games are on. This is not a thread for you to argue with other people.

how has team liquid not fucking grown up at all.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh shit is this on now?
I have so much crap to do fml.

Shit MVP is using tanks. Now I have to stay up.

Aaron

I really liked how Rain positioned two stalkers to prevent further banshee/drops, and then put a cannon in the south after he was dropped there. Wouldn't stop a big drop, it would slow them down enough to take care of them easily.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone getting artifacting on the stream?
I really liked how Rain positioned two stalkers to prevent further banshee/drops, and then put a cannon in the south after he was dropped there. Wouldn't stop a big drop, it would slow them down enough to take care of them easily.
I thought in my head 'It would be cute if he built a cannon in front of the support'. BAM IT'S THERE.

Reading the OSL Ro4 LR thread now :D

tWjo9.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Reading the LR thread for the OSL Ro4 makes me feel MVP should go back to using a ton of strong older strats (flawed and figured out now) that would probably be really effective vs Rain.

Really nice game so far, seeing a ton of small things being done :D

Time for Ghost MMM army power to shine imo.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hey guys remember why people stopped using HT?
MVP had like 10 EMPs and full energy medivacs and just powered like mad and hit a nice timing.

Vaporak

Time for Ghost MMM army power to shine imo.

MMMG is super strong, most Terrans just regressed over a years worth of ability in TvP for some reason. Seriously, first half of 2011 had better ghost usage for the average Terran compared to today for some reason.

Zzoram

Maybe because every time someone does good with ghosts, usually MVP, they get a nerf.

I think MVP getting Ghosts nerfed may be the only direct 1 player -> 1 nerf causation we have. At the time, other Terrans were trying mass Ghost vs Broodlord but none of them did it as well as MVP.

Vaporak

Maybe because every time someone does good with ghosts, usually MVP, they get a nerf.

So you're saying Terrans are spiteful and stupid and stop using units when they're nerfed even if they're still good. Yup sounds about right to me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MMMG is super strong, most Terrans just regressed over a years worth of ability in TvP for some reason. Seriously, first half of 2011 had better ghost usage for the average Terran compared to today for some reason.
I just meant in that game.

And yeah it's totally fallen off and perfect against Rain's style at the right timing. Very strong old build not seen a lot now. Perfect for MVP to use vs Rain :D

If things line up I can seen MVP using it against this set at least one more time.

Top Bottom