• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarok Reviewer Has Received Death Threat After Giving The Game A 6 Out Of 10

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Has anyone actually cared to read the review? The actually has good points about AAA industry being stale and safe as fuck, which he said Gow Ragnarok is. A safe, by the numbers sequel to a a successful game.

Gotta keep an eye on this guy, seems to be one of the few honest reviewers kit there.
Did you see what he gave a 10 to prior?

Right. About that.

Flutta

Banned
Sony fanboys are fragile lol
troll GIF

FritzJ92

This supports the idea that if someone doesn't agree with the masses then they are "wrong". ...

What reason does anyone have to believe that he is lying or seeking attention? He may just not like the game.
If I wrote a HZD review, none of them would score above a 7.5, they are not fun to me!

Guys I tweeted Halo Infinite was mediocre.

I'm getting death threats non-stop.

Remember. Believe victims. Even if the victim is just making crap up for attention or to push an agenda. That's the 2020s society you all signed up for.

The irony of this simultaneous mindset of “Death threats are fake because they happen all the time by trolls, ignore it”

and

“Actually the death threat didn’t happen it’s fake victimization for attention.”

Your post and thought process is what’s emblematic of our 2020s social media hellscape.

Last edited:

Vick

How did I know someone was going to use this to generalize an entire group of people. Great job, warrior.
What the hell did you expect from the Thread? Just let Sony haters vent their frustrations.

Looks like he called it for exactly what it is; nothing but an interactive movie just like all the other crap people fawn over.
God of War, an interactive movie..

controlling-laugh-laughing.gif

GHG

What is it about this game that's making people throw themselves in front of the fire because of it?

People being warned and threadbanned (or actually banned) left right and center for it and it's been that way since it was revealed that there would be no delay into next year.

By all measures it looks like it's a great game so what exactly is the problem?

BbMajor7th

A diversity of opinion is a good thing - this desperate push towards hive-mind compliance is fucking terrifying. I don't know when this shift happened that convinced everyone there was a true, right answer to everything and that anyone who deviated was a deliberate agitator. In a world gripped by diversity, we've ironically never been more desperate to homogenise.

Thirty7ven

Banned
What is it about this game that's making people throw themselves in front of the fire because of it?

People being warned and threadbanned (or actually banned) left right and center for it and it's been that way since it was revealed that there would be no delay into next year.

So many people were dreaming of a failure and now they are mourning their fantasy. Grief is heavy on the heart.

Last edited:
Very childish as always from the fanbois. However, giving this game a 6/10 is unprofessional and you should be fired. That is not how you rate games, a 6/10 game usually means it has some sort of technical issues that are getting in the way. You can't be basing the score of purely of the fun factor. You have to take in the account all of the various factors including technical, visuals, audio, gameplay/design and so on. Instead, this genius decided to rate it based of what "he wished' it was instead of looking at this game objectivey. Yeah, degenrate doesn't know how to properly do his job. Dumb.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Envy.

Topher

Gold Member
What the hell did you expect from the Thread? Just let Sony haters vent their frustrations.

God of War, an interactive movie..

controlling-laugh-laughing.gif

You really think these guys are getting triggered because God of War is getting awesome reviews? If true then they should really not worry so much about certain fans of consoles and take a long look in the mirror.

Very childish as always from the fanbois. However, giving this game a 6/10 is unprofessional and you should be fired. That is not how you rate games, a 6/10 game usually means it has some sort of technical issues that are getting in the way. You can't be basing the score of purely of the fun factor. Yeah, degenrate doesn't know how to properly do his job. Dumb.
lmao what? A 6/10 score means the reviewer thought it was just above average.

Just saw his other reviews. He gave Riders Republic and Just Dance 2022 a 7/10. Should have expected some backlash tbh.
And after all, threats like these are most likely just coming from some fat introvert kid who lives in his mother's basement and doesn't even dare to talk to the employees in a store because they possess the self-esteem of an ant.

Last edited:
a 6/10 is considered a failure and not an above average, so sorry my friend. That is not how a 6/10 is percieved in the gamers eyes or the critics, at least not here in USA. If you are strictly going based of mathematics here then you are doing it wrong. Yes mathetically, it is above average, but we are talking about persepction here so.

According to your statement, if every ND or Sony Santa Monica game got 6/10s across the board at every gaming site then the Sony 1st party titles would be considered a somewhat of a success and "above average" yeah no.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Yeah, that's how review scales *should* work, but we all know that is not the case. Fact of the matter is that calling the game DLC has been a fanboy meme for a while. This lone reviewer is mimicking those fanboy memes in his review. If this were criticism that were pervasive throughout the other reviews then it might have some weight, but that just isn't the case.

I think it is fairly obvious that low-ball review scores are a tool often used to get attention. I suspect that is the case here, but there is no way to know just as there is no way to know if this is a genuine opinion. It is an outlier opinion for certain. Only thing left to do is play the game and form my own opinion....which I will do in two days time.

MistBreeze

I do not know what people want more from gow ragnarok

There is not so much complete single player AAA games like this anymore

And wow at people saying gameplay is not good

Actually the gameplay is better than most games

The Rune system make u custumize your playstyle as u see fit, see combo videos on YouTube

The gameplay is great

only lagging behind DMC , Bayonetta and ninja gaiden which says a lot

A serious artist/director/writer/indie developer would never write a review for IGN, specially one where they trash other artists.

It’s bait and nothing else. The guy is an idiot.

Don’t expect folks like adamsapple to ever understand this, go out there and meet some serious artists and ask them if they would ever do something like this.
Give it a rest for everyone's sake please, opinions vary pal, he didn't think the game was amazing, he's obviously a well educated and successful individual and his opinion is as valid as the next.

Top Bottom