• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye 007 achievements have popped up on trueachievements.com

ManaByte

Gold Member
james bond GIF

Quasicat

I watched a couple of videos showing off the XBLA version of Goldeneye and just hoped that it would become a thing someday. Even if they just dumped the 360 version that leaked earlier onto the current Xbox I would be so excited!

Rykan

Cool, hopefully it comes out so that people can finally learn what an overrated game this really is and that the only reason you liked it is because you owned an N64 and didn't know any better. Nearly every other FPS released during that timeframe was better.

For the inevtible "hurdur I plAyEd OtHeR FpS ToO and I LikEd It"

Don't care, you're still wrong.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Cool, hopefully it comes out so that people can finally learn what an overrated game this really is and that the only reason you liked it is because you owned an N64 and didn't know any better. Nearly every other FPS released during that timeframe was better.

Who hurt you ?

JonSnowball

Wen Timesplitters Crytek?

I hope 2022 offers you opportunities to expand your perspective and not be so overly opinionated spewing your terrible viewpoints out into the world as if they were fact rather than opinion.

In the mean time, you should find yourself a copy of GoldenEye XBLA or GoldenEye N64 and play it on PC right now, because it's still fun just as it was in 1997. Here, I'll give you a head start by linking pre-setup packages that simply require you to drop the game files themselves in and play with mouse and keyboard support:
Xenia/XBLA
N64/1964

Fahdis

I hope 2022 offers you opportunities to expand your perspective and not be so overly opinionated spewing your terrible viewpoints out into the world as if they were fact rather than opinion.

In the mean time, you should find yourself a copy of GoldenEye XBLA or GoldenEye N64 and play it on PC right now, because it's still fun just as it was in 1997. Here, I'll give you a head start by linking pre-setup packages that simply require you to drop the game files themselves in and play with mouse and keyboard support:
Xenia/XBLA
N64/1964

You just made my day. Although had no idea Deep Silver bought them out.

93xfan

Banned

What a trash poster. Why come to this thread, even?

Oh, and is the FF8 avatar meant to be ironic? You know there were much better RPGs at the time that didn’t force you to spend hours drawing your spells, right?

Edit: I appreciate your humor in the matter. I’m passionate about my nostalgia

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
“SLB1904
I'm a massive child who is on perm notice for crying about plastic boxes.”

This is what it says about you. Are you the last one to know?
How original. Never heard that before.

Also:

Danjaq, LLC is the holding company responsible for the copyright and trademarks to the characters, elements, and other material related to James Bond on screen.

Are you danjaq fanboy?

Rykan

Xenia/XBLA
N64/1964
I don’t think it’s the same authentic experience if it doesn’t run at 15 FPS though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Love the N64 love on Xbox.

Perfect Dark (which is still great fun)
Banjo 1 and 2
Killer Instinct Gold
Conker’s bad fur day
Jet Force Gemini
Blast Corps

Plus multi platform ports:

Turok 1 and 2
Episode 1 Racer
Doom 64

How is perfect dark zero? I've never actually created but always see it on game pass every now and then.

Banned
How is perfect dark zero? I've never actually created but always see it on game pass every now and then.

it wqs fun at the time, but it has many issues. the controls are pretty bad and the mission design gets progressively worse the longer it goes on.

there is a good core there but that game could really use a remaster/renake where these issues are ironed out.

intbal

it wqs fun at the time, but it has many issues. the controls are pretty bad and the mission design gets progressively worse the longer it goes on.

there is a good core there but that game could really use a remaster/renake where these issues are ironed out.
Disagree.
It only needs FPS Boost and Mouse/Keyboard support.

fatmarco

It controls like a dog, and its difficulty is obnoxious if you're playing at a higher difficulty.

Even if you consider yourself a good player at shooters on controller, enjoy missing 90% of your shots with its stiff ass aiming.

Compared to even the Perfect Dark remaster it plays like crap too.

Imagine going from a game built on auto aim to a sequel with absolutely zero auto aim or assistance.

(I still like it tho)

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
How original. Never heard that before.

Well it is next to your name? I assume it was put it there for a reason.

So why come here at all? Do you think people in this thread would enjoy hearing your negative take?

At least wait for a thread that invites opinion, such as someone stating this would be huge news for Xbox. Then you can downplay all you want (within your ban probation limits)

Last edited:

Banned
Disagree.
It only needs FPS Boost and Mouse/Keyboard support.

the whole cover system would need a full overhaul, it would need FOV options, better controller aiming (mouse support would be great too but that's not really a fix for people playing on controller)
and it would need some graphical adjustments. the art style is all over the place. hyper realistic enviroments with cartoony looking characters and some weird lighting at times.

I think a full on remaster with lots of adjustments would be needed.

-make the graphics more cohesive
-add FOV settings
-completely remake the cover system
-completely remake the controller controls
-adjust some levels to be more in line with og Perfect Dark
-COMPLETELY replace the boss fights with new ones!
-basic character movement and gameplay adjustments

imo the game would need all the above to actually shine... fps boost would be great of course. that would improve perceived controller issues as aiming in 60fps will just automatically feel better than aiming in 30fps even if the controls are the same

Last edited:

RNG

Already played the leak but I would buy it officially on day 1. It’ll also be the 25th anniversary of this game this year in August (holy shit).

Banned
of course we already got people shitting on the game -_-

Goldeneye is a perfectly fine game. is it overrated? HELL YES... WAY OVERRATED, but it's not bad.
the type of shooter Goldeneye is is a very rare one and the core design concepts are really fun.
the open ended levels with main and side objectives that change and increase in number the higher the difficulty setting.

you just don't see shooters like these anymore and even back then they were extremely rare.
Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, GoldenEye, Time Splitters 2 and maybe some smaller niche titles, but that's about it.

and while GoldenEye can't compete in quality with Perfect Dark or TimeSplitters 2 it's still a perfectly fine game that was severely held back by the N64 so having it in an improved form on a modern console is a very good thing.

the Perfect Dark remaster already did wonders for that game... but it will also be a hard task for GoldenEye to even come close to that remaster tbh because the Perfect Dark remaster is absolutely perfectly executed... they would need to further improve the game compared to the leaked XBLA version because the graphics in that are a very mixed bag imo.
what 4J Studios did with Perfect Dark was so phenomenal imo that it's almost impossible for GoldenEye to be as good, one big issue is the more realistic style is wqy harder to modernise than the more stylized look of Perfect Dark

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Well it is next to your name? I assume miss put it there for a reason.

So why come here at all? Do you think people in this thread would enjoy hearing your negative take?

At least wait for a thread that invites opinion, such as someone stating this would be huge news for Xbox. Then you can downplay all you want (within your ban probation limits)
Dude this is likely a multiplat release. this is the n64 version. that's why you triggered? you thought it was Xbox exclusive?
Lmfao. Embarrassing.

And how is negative saying the bond ip is underutilized?
Play that shit out this game as a kid(who didn't) and the mission impossible on ps1.this game was a masterpiece in 1997, over 20years ago And this will probably be a port in the same vein as doom 64.

here refresh your memory

Banned
Dude this is likely a multiplat release. this is the n64 version. that's why you triggered? you thought it was Xbox exclusive?
Lmfao. Embarrassing.

And how is negative saying the bond ip is underutilized?
Play that shit out this game as a kid(who didn't) and the mission impossible on ps1.this game was a masterpiece in 1997, over 20years ago And this will probably be a port in the same vein as doom 64.

here refresh your memory

Microsoft owns the rights to the game... and there is an almost finished remaster they already made... it's not gonna be the N64 version.

and if it will be multiplat it will only be on Switch and Xbox. Nintendo has some ownership of the game as well still and I would assume they made a deal with Microsoft to finally release the remaster.

apparently Nintendo blocked it before because Microsoft couldn't or didn't want to port the remaster to the Wii and only offered Nintendo to release the N64 version on Virtual Console as a compromise... so Nintendo said no.

meaning it's very likely it will be only on Switch and Xbox/PC

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Microsoft owns the rights to the game... and there is an almost finished remaster they already made... it's not gonna be the N64 version.

and if it will he multiplat it will only be on Switch and Xbox, Nintendo has some ownership of the game as well still and I would assume they made a deal with Microsoft to finally release the remaster.

apparently Nintendo blocked it before because Microsoft couldn't or didn't want to port the remaster to the Wii and only offered Nintendo to release the N64 version on Virtual Console as a compromise... so Nintendo said no.

meaning it's very likely it will be only on Switch and Xbox/PC
dude
81zJvAkq9KL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Danjaq, LLC is the holding company responsible for the copyright and trademarks to the characters, elements, and other material related to James Bond on screen.
Status Update! On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, status on the GOLDENEYE trademark changed to NOTICE OF ALLOWANCE - ISSUED.

On Thursday, August 6, 2020, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for GOLDENEYE. The USPTO has given the GOLDENEYE trademark serial number of 90098356. The current federal status of this trademark filing is NOTICE OF ALLOWANCE - ISSUED. The correspondent listed for GOLDENEYE is DANJAQ, LLC
anyway, there is no point arguing about it. only time will tell. my guess Nintendo license expired and this company is just getting a quick cash grab.

sorry, i guess for wanted better bond games or at least a decent port of this game.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
oh my god! do you guys even read the thread?

It’s like you know absolutely zero fucking history on this game, who owns what parts of it and that Microsoft had already completed a remaster.

This title is owned by three parties. 1. Nintendo, 2. Microsoft, 3. Whoever currently holds the Bond licence for videogame content. All 3 need to come together to get this out the door, only Nintendo was the hold up last time I think they finally see the good in this.

Banned
It’s like you know absolutely zero fucking history on this game, who owns what parts of it and that Microsoft had already completed a remaster.

This title is owned by three parties. 1. Nintendo, 2. Microsoft, 3. Whoever currently holds the Bond licence for videogame content. All 3 need to come together to get this out the door, only Nintendo was the hold up last time I think they finally see the good in this.

yeah, it's apparently really hard to understand that game code is owned by the company that made it lol...

SLB1904

Banned
It's probably worth mentioning Nintendo recently requested GoldenEye be removed from the German index of harmful media:
images

licensing is not ownership dude

One of the best games of all time. I still can't understand how such a small British studio could not only produce one hit after another, but also give Nintendos own titles a run for its money.

Top Bottom