• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Indiana Jones for XBox, but...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
..I'm a bit disappointed. I've been playing for around 1,5 h, and I'm still waiting for some kind of STORY!! Where's the story??

It's just area after area of "jump, jump, kill bad guys, pull a lever, go through to next area". My motivation is dropping, since I barely know what I'm searching for and why I'm searching for it. I mean, they could've at least thrown in some kind of story being told on the way through some of these areas, some bad guy following you, some strange discoveries on the way, some strange puzzle, anything.

I'm still planning to continue (it's Indy after all), but will the story get any better, as in more substantial? And will the story be integrated more frequently later on?

wipeout364

I played a few hours ( i also bought it) but I never really got too excited about the game which is disappointing, and I can't remember anything about the story which probably a reflection of how good it was. I do remember that Frankenstein boss- retarded.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Uhh, what the hell? I thought the game was good because of the gameplay...not the story. :\

Seriously, if you want story...Fate of Atlantis is calling your name.

Subitai

Yeah, the story does get better, but this game is mostly platforming and doing whip manuevers. Try not to expect more than that. I liked the story a lot, but maybe that's just me.

Dujour

Banned
The story comes in a bit later, but the gameplay is where it's at. A little repetetive, but I love comboing nazi scum. Eh, Doctor Jones?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Already played Fate of Atlantis of course, what else did you expect? :p

I don't find the gameplay good enough to hold me through the game (I have a feeling it will get tedious after a while too), and I also think it's kind of a waste to paste "Indiana Jones" on the cover without trying to actually USE the name more than adding a whip and a hat.

I mean, I'm not expecting huge chunks of cutscenes and dialogues, but I want something story-wise at least. I've got nothing so far. But some of you said it does get better, so OK... :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I feel sorry for the collective, they got dumped 2 franchises that everyone assumed would make crappy videogames and then pulled out some of the best 3rd person action puzzlers ever made (i agree though the stories were kinda weak in both, i blame that on the franchises though). Come to think of it, i wish they'd been given tomb raider, but instead now they are making that ridiculous "Getting Up" graffitti game.

Fifty

It would be a great game, but the bugs ruined it for me. Far too many for it to be considered anything other than an average game.

Top Bottom