• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOWR and HFW bundles didn’t account for anywhere near the majority of sales

The only reason anyone gives a shit now is because of the wave of concern controlling over horizon forbidden west this year

People have always complained about bundles. I remember the complaints when GoW 2018 had that bundle in addition to games like TLOU and Uncharted 4.

I know it happens with other platforms but I remember the complaints about the playstation bundles the best.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
"Nowhere near the majority of sales"

Nowhere near 51% of sales.

So...they accounted for ~30% of sales?

Sounds like it still may be a lot. Fanboys rejoice, you can still use the bundle argument.

A certain group of fans when another narrative is dispelled/debunked:

vlAqQLl.gif

"Nowhere near the majority of sales"

Nowhere near 51% of sales.

So...they accounted for ~30% of sales?

Sounds like it still may be a lot. Fanboys rejoice, you can still use the bundle argument.

I think what some were arguing is that the games wouldn't sell well without those bundles. Something that has been debunked.

2022 NPD: Here are the top 20 games sold in the U.S. so far​

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

2. Elden Ring

3. Madden NFL 23

4. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

5. God of War Ragnarök

6. Pokémon Legends Arceus*

7. Pokémon Scarlet and Violet*

8. Horizon Forbidden West

9. FIFA 23

10. MLB The Show 22

11. Call of Duty: Vanguard

12. Gran Turismo 7

13. Mario Kart 8*

14. Kirby and the Forgotten Land*

15. Gotham Knights

16. Minecraft

17. NBA 2K23*

18. Nintendo Switch Sports*

19. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

20. Animal Crossing: New Horizons*

Bundles never really mattered, in this scenario if they counted the ragnarok or horizon bundles, maybe they would move up one placement on this chart. Thats not a significant difference. If you compare the NPD with the UK sales they are both around the same placement

The only non-multiplatform games outselling playstation first part is pokemon

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned

2022 NPD: Here are the top 20 games sold in the U.S. so far​

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

2. Elden Ring

3. Madden NFL 23

4. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

5. God of War Ragnarök

6. Pokémon Legends Arceus*

7. Pokémon Scarlet and Violet*

8. Horizon Forbidden West

9. FIFA 23

10. MLB The Show 22

11. Call of Duty: Vanguard

12. Gran Turismo 7

13. Mario Kart 8*

14. Kirby and the Forgotten Land*

15. Gotham Knights

16. Minecraft

17. NBA 2K23*

18. Nintendo Switch Sports*

19. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

20. Animal Crossing: New Horizons*

Bundles never really mattered, in this scenario if they counted the ragnarok or horizon bundles, maybe they would move up one placement on this chart. Thats not a significant difference. If you compare the NPD with the UK sales they are both around the same placement

The only non-multiplatform games outselling playstation first part is pokemon
To be fair. Thanks to npd the discourse didn't got worse. Imagine if they included bundles... oof

jm89

I only really read the tweet, but man reading the replies gave me a chuckle.

Chris has single handedly destroyed an Xbox fanboy narrative and these nutcases are losing it. Most of these idiots have no idea what they are talking about, chris shouldn't bother entertaining them.

And we also have npd to back up that these games did very well without bundles.

I only really read the tweet, but man reading the replies gave me a chuckle.

Chris has single handedly destroyed an Xbox fanboy narrative and these nutcases are losing it. Most of these idiots have no idea what they are talking about, chris shouldn't bother entertaining them.

And we also have npd to back up that these games did very well without bundles.

It is funny how chris dring said “not true” about the fable development issues and xbox fans pretty much took that as gods word, but anything aout sony games being successful and they want to give him a lie detector test lol

Not a single complaint ensues with Nintendo and their legacy of bundles.

Yeah, this is some new shit, never once saw people mention the fact that Mario Kart 8 is the biggest racing game ever followed by “yeah, but it sold a lot in bundles….”

Every Nintendo game that has sold over 20m copies has been extensively bundled and I’ve never once heard people challenge it

Last edited:
Top Bottom