• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Skifi28

I am sure there is more to it with coding payouts, etc, involved.

Didn't they say future tracks, events, and cars will be added?
Of all the above, events are clearly the easiest as there's no modeling involved, I just can't fathom how a full GT game would launch with so few actual races. There aren't even any endurance events, a series staple. Creating a race and pushing the number of laps cursor was probably very difficult.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

There goes the two best races for earning credits. They want you to collect expensive cars but the payouts are now terrible. At least add some new events for variety? There's less actual races than GT sport has. Why? An intern could add 10 new races per day.

Developers always kill money grinding methods when they sell in game currency.

Reactions: GHG

[Sigma]

1647514989222-png.1125353
The Jim and Hermen effect

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Gran Turismo 7 remains offline this afternoon, as scheduled maintenance for Sony's PlayStation 4 and 5 racing game has been extended.

A note from developer Polyphony blames an "issue" found with the game's 1.07 update, though did not provide more detail.

"We are extending today's scheduled maintenance for the Gran Turismo 7 servers," Polyphony wrote. "We ask for your patience while we work to complete the maintenance.

"Due to an issue found with Update 1.07, we are extending the current server maintenance period. We will confirm the completion time as soon as possible.

"We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your patience while we work to resolve the issue."

Last edited:

Gran Turismo 7 remains offline this afternoon, as scheduled maintenance for Sony's PlayStation 4 and 5 racing game has been extended.

A note from developer Polyphony blames an "issue" found with the game's 1.07 update, though did not provide more detail.

"We are extending today's scheduled maintenance for the Gran Turismo 7 servers," Polyphony wrote. "We ask for your patience while we work to complete the maintenance.

"Due to an issue found with Update 1.07, we are extending the current server maintenance period. We will confirm the completion time as soon as possible.

"We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your patience while we work to resolve the issue."
You know what would've helped Polyphony? An offline mode in this $70 game, you scum sucking bastards.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

The issue would not be the outcry of nerfing credits, now would it? 🤭

DJ12

This is probably known but if you change cars at the track screen you can pick from any of the cars you have in game, not just the few arcade ones.

shubik

yeah this sucks.... had a stressy day and was looking forward to driving some laps yesterday after work...

Gran Turismo is a single-player game with great multiplayer on top. And not the other way around. Get your shit together Polyhony...

ToadMan

To pass the server down time I just did a 50 lap arcade race at Tsukuba with changeable rainy weather.

I started on inters but the rain ended about 10 laps in so I switched to race softs - then fought my way back from 13th to second.

Win was on the cards but I changed my tires too early.

Anyway the fun part was to see the track evolve from wet to a dry line, to mostly dry with puddles. They really did a good job with how this works. Change to dry tires and you better stay on that dry line - overcook a corner and go wide onto the wet surface, and you’re in the wall.

It was a dark and moody grey sky until about the last 3 laps when the sun started to peak through too. Really atmospheric.

By the end I was several seconds faster per lap but with lapping cars (ie be careful while lapping not to get on the wet stuff) and the front runners being more powerful than my meagre rx7 it really was a cool race.

The AI is better over these longer distances when you aren’t trying to pass them due to running out of laps. It’s a much nicer experience to follow through a few corners and get them on the straights rather than dive bombing every apex because you’ve only got 5 laps to get to the front.

DJ12

It's annoying, but got some trophies done that I had no intention of getting (drift and time trail) anytime soon so not a wasted evening.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Why is there a cap of 20million credits that the player can have at once? Not that I’ll ever get close to that…

ethomaz

Banned
Fuck PD.

I tried over 100 times… I even thought I was bad really bad in dirt rally races…
I got Silver with 19.829s in a luck way I could never do again.
Tried today after patch.

19.878s in first try to remember the turns… I mean almost my luck record in the previous over 100 times.

And at second try…

EStJXYu.png

It was so easy and PD make me wast over 100 tries lol

Tunned

I finally got my PS5 yesterday "packaged" with GT7, Horizon and the Pulse headphones. I was very exited to play GT7, after being burned by GT5 and not looking back, GT7 looked like the perfect reintroduction to GT. And let me say, what a game it is, I am not disappointed!
I am getting showered with cars playing the Cafe Chapters, completing the licenses and championships. I have plenty of money to tune and buy the cars that I want.
The "grind" is fun if you actually like racing, which it seems that most people who complain about it, don't...

Tldr: GT7 is awesome, "grinding" is in the minds of people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

A while back I won a car part in the roulette. Anyone know how I can see what car parts o have won? I don’t remember the car name.

Good game for me so far. Been playing every day since launch day.

I do wonder why so many of the AI cars drive like elderly people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom