• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Markio128

Currently enjoying my time with the wide-bodied BMW Z8:
79c0e0e50ec6948f6cc3457aa40859af_photo.webp

FrankWza

I finally got my PS5 yesterday "packaged" with GT7, Horizon and the Pulse headphones. I was very exited to play GT7, after being burned by GT5 and not looking back, GT7 looked like the perfect reintroduction to GT. And let me say, what a game it is, I am not disappointed!
I am getting showered with cars playing the Cafe Chapters, completing the licenses and championships. I have plenty of money to tune and buy the cars that I want.
The "grind" is fun if you actually like racing, which it seems that most people who complain about it, don't...

Tldr: GT7 is awesome, "grinding" is in the minds of people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.
Grinding is a gaming term that has taken on a completely negative meaning. The GT series has always had it. I’ve used the term to describe GT before, but I don’t see it as negative. Unfortunately, it’s one of those words that shouldn’t be associated in a negative way with a sim racer. The sport itself is a grind. It’s built around precision and repetition to continue to be faster by fractions of a second.

SLB1904

Banned
people want every car in the game like that. just get a couple of gr 4 and gr3 and you settle, learn the car tune it get faster. im impressed how the cars are so balanced online as people learn tune.
the daytone reace setup is probably the best that ever been in GTS. so much fun. my priority afte4r finish the campaign is

Gran-Turismo-7-Ford-GT-LM-GTE-Pro-2018-1024x576.jpg

Unknown?

people want every car in the game like that. just get a couple of gr 4 and gr3 and you settle, learn the car tune it get faster. im impressed how the cars are so balanced online as people learn tune.
the daytone reace setup is probably the best that ever been in GTS. so much fun. my priority afte4r finish the campaign is

Gran-Turismo-7-Ford-GT-LM-GTE-Pro-2018-1024x576.jpg
Same people complaining are probably ex-gameshark users. XD Or those who hacked their save files in GT5.

I finally got my PS5 yesterday "packaged" with GT7, Horizon and the Pulse headphones. I was very exited to play GT7, after being burned by GT5 and not looking back, GT7 looked like the perfect reintroduction to GT. And let me say, what a game it is, I am not disappointed!
I am getting showered with cars playing the Cafe Chapters, completing the licenses and championships. I have plenty of money to tune and buy the cars that I want.
The "grind" is fun if you actually like racing, which it seems that most people who complain about it, don't...

Tldr: GT7 is awesome, "grinding" is in the minds of people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

6992oj.jpg

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I forgot you could do this in gt sport.
When you sign a contract means you will have to use their brand in the manufacturers series. They give you the cars and you can use anywhere
So its a way to get a free car for the duration of the online season that is upon us.

Markio128

I got 3 out 4 last tickets I got were turning parts.
Do you think they adjust the winning rate?oh and by the way the 4th ticket was 2k credits lol
I think I’ve only won one tuning part as well! I have won plenty of credits though, which isn’t too bad I suppose.

Forsete

Gold Member
Got the credits. :messenger_crying:

Anyway, the hunt goes on. For collecting beautiful cars.
Just got a Tesla. Feels weird it being so quiet. Pretty fast though.

My favourite car right now is the Subaru WRX Gr.4.. Damn what a fast car. And perfectly tuned for me right out of the box.
I also got the NSX Gr.4. I had to adjust the downforce a bit on the rear end so it does not spin out so easily. Really like it as well.

Btw, the ticket system has to be rigged. ~80% of the time I get the lowest value win.. Pisses me off.

Last edited:

Unknown?

It's 100% rigged. I got one shit car from it but normally only get the lowest credits.
I get the lowest more than half the time but have gotten the highest twice, a few mediums, and a Corvette ZR1 and a Charger Hellcat. Oh and a racing exhaust but that's the only part I've won.

SLB1904

Banned
not gonna lie, i was a little intimidate by the tunning, shit is simple than i saw, felt nice race with a car no one is using. anyway almost got 2nd unfortunately i spun in the last lap, finish 6th.

Unknown?

The creativity of some people is insane! I love just viewing all the different liveries.

I remember in GT Sport I won a 20M credit Ferrari, I wonder if that's possible in this game?

Fox Mulder

The creativity of some people is insane! I love just viewing all the different liveries.

I remember in GT Sport I won a 20M credit Ferrari, I wonder if that's possible in this game?

Shit, I can’t even win any car in the roulette. I always get 5k or like an muffler for some random car I probably don’t have.

Aenima

Scrap that. I signed contract with Ford
And I got it.
RdNnskj.jpg
For ppl that dont know this. You can get 2 free (sponsored) racing cars, a Gr.4 and a Gr.3 car. All you have to do is go to Sports Mode, and choose to participate in the Manufactor Series. Then you will be asked what manufactor you want to represent for the season and you will get 2 cars to use for free. Ppl dont really have to compete in the online races if they dont want to, the cars can be used for the single player too as they will be part of your garage. They are sponsored cars so i think if you choose to change manufactors for the next season, you will lose them and they will be replaced by the 2 cars from the new manufactor you signed contract for.

As i love GT-R i signed with Nissan, so its 2 less GT-R cars i have to buy.

Does somebody know how I change a car’s color back to default?
Yes, inside GT Auto, go to the design editor and in the botom left corner there will be an option to restore the original design.

Aenima

Yesterday i was wondering if was possible to win 6 star tickets from the daily workout or would be just tied to certain events as rewards. Today got my answer.

The prize i got was 500 000 credits. That should keep me motivated to keep doing the daily workouts.

5crT5J5.png

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I played every little (Book 14 I believe) but I already have 600kish credits and a ticket to buy a 2 million car.

That ticket expires in Mar 31.
Is it worth to buy these ticket cars?

I’m getting around 200k per day playing 1 to 2 hours max… so it is possible to get there in 10 days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom