• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
well said. i didn't spend £3k to finish Gran Turismo in a week.
im playing this thing for years like a did with sport.
I'm really satisfied with the content. Haven't even done half of the missions let alone all events. Sports mode is ever changing and you could also compete in things like circuit experience together with friends which is pretty much licence tests. Can't wait to see what additional content Polyphony has planned.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
LzBFG16.jpg

I guess they want to say sorry lol

Cohetedor

One thing I would like them to change is to make the individual races in championships playable one at a time like they were in previous games. I like all the races in the gt championship but I don't always have an hour to race them all at once.

Wouldn't even ask to change the payout, 90000 for a clean race that I enjoy is better than grinding anything on a dirt track.

Aenima

One thing I would like them to change is to make the individual races in championships playable one at a time like they were in previous games. I like all the races in the gt championship but I don't always have an hour to race them all at once.

Wouldn't even ask to change the payout, 90000 for a clean race that I enjoy is better than grinding anything on a dirt track.
Yup, doing the chapionships was really nice. If i need credits i rather do championships, not only you get the rewards for each race you also get credits at the end of the championship. And its more interesting than grinding the same track.

Im loving the 10 laps races as well for the tire and fuel management. But they pay little for how long they are.

Reactions: CZY
Just got the final gold at Spa. That test is insane and amazing. I’m a PC VR sim racer but I have to say I’ve never encountered such a fantastic rendition of both Spa and rain. You FEEL every puddle, every pull at the wheel and little slip. Even with a controller it’s just an amazing experience. That was genuinely special and I thought I was going to be frustrated by it judging by the reactions I’ve seen but I enjoyed pretty much every minute of it.

The formula car at laguna can go to hell though.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just got the final gold at Spa. That test is insane and amazing. I’m a PC VR sim racer but I have to say I’ve never encountered such a fantastic rendition of both Spa and rain. You FEEL every puddle, every pull at the wheel and little slip. Even with a controller it’s just an amazing experience. That was genuinely special and I thought I was going to be frustrated by it judging by the reactions I’ve seen but I enjoyed pretty much every minute of it.

The formula car at laguna can go to hell though.

Awesome race indeed! Got gold for it as well as the Leguna Seca Honda F1 one yesterday. The latter was the *hardest* of the bunch, I feel. Although that electric Porsche car on that Nordschleife corner exit speed test was my most hated haha..

Last edited:

Arthimura

Any tips before I start playing Sport mode? Is there a good place to check online for best mutiplayer cars and tuning setups?

Just finished all Café missions. It's such an amazing experience. Sad it's over.

Last edited:

bellome

Any tips before I start playing Sport mode? Is there a good place to check online for best mutiplayer cars and tuning setups?

Just finished all Café missions. It's such an amazing experience. Sad it's over.

These are my info sources, i would gladly know from other people if there are some other useful sources.

Aenima

I'm level 33 I think. But I don't think is relevant
I got it at level 29, so yeah i dont think its relevant, maybe the times you completed the daily workout is though since 3 of us here got the 6 star ticket very close to eachother. Looking at my ingame profile stats, i got the 6 star ticket when i completed the 16th Daily Workout. Today got a 4 star ticket wich is also not very common.

And man, the GT Cup Gr.3 in Daytona, gave me a hard time, 10 laps, no room to make many mistakes, the AI drives fast in this one.

ad955ce3365155eb88f623030559444c_photo.webp

SLB1904

Banned
I got it at level 29, so yeah i dont think its relevant, maybe the times you completed the daily workout is though since 3 of us here got the 6 star ticket very close to eachother. Looking at my ingame profile stats, i got the 6 star ticket when i completed the 16th Daily Workout. Today got a 4 star ticket wich is also not very common.

And man, the GT Cup Gr.3 in Daytona, gave me a hard time, 10 laps, no room to make many mistakes, the AI drives fast in this one.

ad955ce3365155eb88f623030559444c_photo.webp
Can't wait. I love daytona in this game. Nailing the the apex is so good.

Arthimura

These are my info sources, i would gladly know from other people if there are some other useful sources.
Thanks for the sources.

By the way, there's no daily rewards for playing the Sport mode races?

I played the race with a pre-defined car and I didn't got anything.

SLB1904

Banned
Yes there is. I did a couple races onlime today in the Daily race A. Finished in 8th and 10th and still got credits for both positions.
Thank god false alarm. Also today I got a 2 star daily workout lol
I was getting used to that 6 star pack 😆

Aenima

Thank god false alarm. Also today I got a 2 star daily workout lol
I was getting used to that 6 star pack 😆
I got a 4 star ticket today, but got a tunning part for the Enzo that i dont own, so was more useless than the 2k credits from the 1 star tickets. :p

Arthimura

Yes there is. I did a couple races onlime today in the Daily race A. Finished in 8th and 10th and still got credits for both positions.
That's strange. I did the race, started in 6th, finished in 4th and I didn't got anything. I'm going to try again tomorrow. I only received credits today, no tickets.

Aenima

That's strange. I did the race, started in 6th, finished in 4th and I didn't got anything. I'm going to try again tomorrow. I only received credits today, no tickets.
You only get a ticket for completing the daily workout, once a day, or the ones from GT Cafe. Online races just reward credits.

The daily workout resets at midnight from ur local time.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I wanted to buy GT7 but all this talk about the new update nerfing credit rewards has me hesitant. My love of GT was always the RPG esque progression of it. Like racing, saving up, buying new cars, climbing the ladder. But I haven't truly gotten sucked into a GT since 4. I've tried 5 and 6 and didn't play for more than a couple days and just got super bored. If the new updates made the game super grindy, I'm not going to like it. But I am craving a racing game at the moment.

Should I buy or skip?

Aenima

I wanted to buy GT7 but all this talk about the new update nerfing credit rewards has me hesitant. My love of GT was always the RPG esque progression of it. Like racing, saving up, buying new cars, climbing the ladder. But I haven't truly gotten sucked into a GT since 4. I've tried 5 and 6 and didn't play for more than a couple days and just got super bored. If the new updates made the game super grindy, I'm not going to like it. But I am craving a racing game at the moment.

Should I buy or skip?
The progression in GT7 is not really like the old GTs. You dont really need to save to buy a car to progress in the campaign. You start the game with 20k credits and the game tells u to purchase a used car with that money, from there, you start doing the GT Cafe missions that work like the game campaign but is just a fraction of all the single player content in the game. Progressing in the GT Cafe campaign you dont need to buy any car as the game gives you always a car that can be used to the next step. By the end of the GT cafe you will have a garage with about 70-80 cars and you unlock more from licences and missions.

When you finish the GT Cafe, you unlock all the single player content available, and then is up to you what you gonna do with what u got. Can go try finish in 1st in all the races unlocked, can go try finish all the licence tests, can go do missions that involve especific objectives and are challenging.
Can go tune and costumize your cars, can go take them around the world to take some photos. Can go race online and get ur ass kicked by very skilled players.

The game is only super grindy is you wanna go pokemon on it and get all the cars in the game as some cars are very expensive (mostly classics or rare cars in real live), but most competitive racing cars are very afordable.

The driving feels amazing and its my favorite racing game right now, to me its well worth the price cuz has enough content to justify it, but if your not so sure, you can always wait for a price drop. The game will keep receiving content and updates for free, so if you dont buy it now, when you buy it later the game is just gonna be bigger, and hopefully more fair for the ppl that wanna go pokemon on it.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
As the above said, earning money / advancement isn't as bad as the news stories made it out to be. They keep providing you with free cars while your bank account slowly grows without you much noticing it. I already bought an older Lambo to admire in my garage.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Should I buy or skip?
Buy

Con-Z-epT

Should I buy or skip?
Buy!

The core gameplay, the visuals and the sound are all exceptional. The game provides more than enough cars and credits that you can't keep up with trying them all out. It's only grindy when you try to get all cars in a short amount of time. Some are surely expensive.

jm89

Was going mad trying to gold the a-9 license yesterday. I guess this is my gitgud moment and decided to reduce some assissts and tcs and managed to do it in a few tries.

A-10 wasn't too bad either but man i'm taking a break from these license tests, cause when i start i can't stop.

Also we really need something like seasonal events from gt5, so those of us who prefer to play singleplayer have regularly refreshed events. Really surprised they don't have this considering the focus on singleplayer.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Buy!

The core gameplay, the visuals and the sound are all exceptional. The game provides more than enough cars and credits that you can't keep up with trying them all out. It's only grindy when you try to get all cars in a short amount of time. Some are surely expensive.

This and Aenima Aenima post says it all pretty much. You're looking for a racer in the style of GT? Good news, GT7 is out right now! =P It's a no brainer IMO. Don't let all this whining mask this game excellence for what it is; a fantastic racing game <3

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

This and Aenima Aenima post says it all pretty much. You're looking for a racer in the style of GT? Good news, GT7 is out right now! =P It's a no brainer IMO. Don't let all this whining mask this game excellence for what it is; a fantastic racing game <3
On the one hand i can understand the frustration of some people but on the other hand it gets really tiresome and it seems that most tend to forget that GT7 is still an awesome racing game.

Haven't had this much fun with a game in years. And the excitement just doesn't wear down.

DJ12

On the one hand i can understand the frustration of some people but on the other hand it gets really tiresome and it seems that most tend to forget that GT7 is still an awesome racing game.

Haven't had this much fun with a game in years. And the excitement just doesn't wear down.
This guy gets it.

It's clear to see why those up in arms over this are mostly people that haven't played the game.

MTXs are not forced in anyway, the grind is pretty much as it has been since gt was birthed.

haters gonna hate GIF

Con-Z-epT

I'm still at awe over the quality of the sound. The richness, the saturation, the positioning and how many different sounds are layered and at play at any given time. Everytime the girl leaves the house i crank up the volume of the sound system to 11 and grin in anticipation.

• the brutal hit when i shift up the gear
  • the wind while i approach 250 km/h and how the car rattles under the influence of it (or not if you are inside the slipstream)
  • a flame-breathing and exploding exhaust while i shift down like a mad man
  • screeching tyres as i drive through the corner at the limits of physicality
  • how the car shakes when i plow over the curbs
  • a monstrous uproar when accelerating
  • every sound individually pronounced depending on the camera view
  • here and there a helicopter flying over me

And this goes on and on, round by round. Puts a smile on my face in every race since release.

Shout out to the poor Fiat 500 F from 1968. You are a racecar too! :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:
Top Bottom