• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran turismo 7 - Powered by PS5

Allandor

But there is RT in replay no? That's the whole point. We know that RT is used in replays, photomode and - I forgot - another area, but not in gameplay.
No, only in photomode so far. I really don't know what to think about that.
Yes, RT is more or less a waste of performance. Esspecially racing games have developed way cheaper methods for mirrors etc. And with a fixed track prebaked reflections aren't the worst.
But they advertised the game with ray tracing for quite some time now and now ... it is only the photo mode ...

I really don't know why this studio does something like that again and again. First the think with the 240fps on PS5 hardware ... and now that. They create a hype that can only lead to disappointment.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Last GT game I played, or really any racing game, was back with GT3.

Sport right now is $8 on PSN.

I think I will try it out.

For some reason, I am super hyped on GT7, despite not playing racing games at all.
I think $8 is a good deal to see if I will like GT7.
GT Sport is by far the best simrace option in console space but you will need to enter in the Sport Mode (the online multiplayer part) to understand the evolution of simraces on consoles... after GTS there is no way to back to GT5, GT6 or previous GTs.

GT7 take the GTS base so I'm sure it will be another success.

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

GT Sport is by far the best simrace option in console space but you will need to enter in the Sport Mode (the online multiplayer part) to understand the evolution of simraces on consoles... after GTS there is no way to back to GT5, GT6 or previous GTs.

GT7 take the GTS base so I'm sure it will be another success.

I like the old GT games because you started with a piece of shit, and had to earn credits to buy the sports cars.

Is it like that with Sport or no? Do you start with a Ferrari immediately?

ethomaz

Banned
I like the old GT games because you started with a piece of shit, and had to earn credits to buy the sports cars.

Is it like that with Sport or no? Do you start with a Ferrari immediately?
It is in GTS but in a different way... you can't buy pieces of shit instead you buy upgrade levels that increase power or decrease weight... the results are the same.

In any case GT7 uses again the pieces of shit to upgrades instead levels like GTS.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
you can't buy pieces of shit
GT7 uses again the pieces of shit
Kill You Villain GIF by GifGari
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Venom Snake

Pieces of shit. Cheap, low performance cars known as pieces of shit.

You train them like Pokemon through numerous stages of shit until they are tuned to the point, when you start farming with them, earning money for cars, that aren't shit anymore.

But you still love your piece of shit, and you come back to it from time to time, out of sentiment. This is what the classic Gran Turismo games have always been good at.

It's the year 2021. Racing games are no longer playable, but consist of video loops created for the sole purpose of comparing console penis size.

What's the end goal? Nobody knows. Something to do with the blockchain, I think. We've been folding at home this entire time.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
One thing that annoyned me about GT Sport was the way they did the car prizes, the fact that you don't win a car after completing a series. Hopefully that changes.

And make it a lot less grindy as they took that much too far in GTS.

Markio128

One thing that annoyned me about GT Sport was the way they did the car prizes, the fact that you don't win a car after completing a series. Hopefully that changes.

To be fair, whilst welcome, the career mode in GT Sport was sort of tacked on and missing loads of standard features. GT7 career should hark back to the classic GT games in more ways than one. I still hope the game is pretty measly with the new motors because having to work for a new car makes it all the more special, to me at least.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

I just hope that we can atleast test drive all the cars since its impossible to own all the cars as its ridiculously expensive for some cars. I don't want to grind for 50h just for 1 car, im also not expecting them for free but atleast give us a chance to drive them. You put all those beautiful cars in the game that 98% of the players can't even play with.

To be fair, whilst welcome, the career mode in GT Sport was sort of tacked on and missing loads of standard features. GT7 career should hark back to the classic GT games in more ways than one. I still hope the game is pretty measly with the new motors because having to work for a new car makes it all the more special, to me at least.
I agree but in GTS it was extreme for some cars. I also want to work for the cars but atleast give us a option to test drive them without earning credits and mileage, and make some cars less expensive.

Turk1993

I wish instead of fictional tracks they would add more real tracks like Silverstone, Imola, Outlon Park, Zolder, Zandvoort..
We see them probably later on as free DLC like in GTS. If they continue the support like in GTS than this game will be packed with content (cars, tracks, cosmetics,..).

Markio128

I just hope that we can atleast test drive all the cars since its impossible to own all the cars as its ridiculously expensive for some cars. I don't want to grind for 50h just for 1 car, im also not expecting them for free but atleast give us a chance to drive them. You put all those beautiful cars in the game that 98% of the players can't even play with.

I agree but in GTS it was extreme for some cars. I also want to work for the cars but atleast give us a option to test drive them without earning credits and mileage, and make some cars less expensive.
Yep, agree with the test drive option. There are still some classic cars in GT Sport that I haven’t been able to drive because of the crazy cost. I’m hopeful that because the career in GT7 will be much bigger in scope, it’ll be a bit easier to save for the more expensive cars. And there is also the second-hand market, with the Autotrader style menu.

HTK

Banned
iRacing just released a video of an updated Daytona International Speedway based on 2021 laser scans. I'm really curious to see GT7's version vs iRacing version.

If anyone is interested here is the updated Daytona on iRacing

SSfox

Gonna have to manage myself between this, Elden Ring and HZ FW, and Sifu, bruh so many incredible games in such a short time AAAAAAAAA, i may skip every other 2022 games outside of obviousely GOWR and FF16

This is gonna be the absolute ultimate Racing car game, and likely the best since GT5, cant wait. I don't play much car games but GT is the masterpiece exception.

All real tracks are laser scanned since GT6.

GT has always been ahead of times in the genre, Kazu is an absolute passionate dude about Automobile cultures and everything surrounding it.

Last edited:

Turk1993

I was lucky enough to grab a PS5 this week so i can finally enjoy this game at its best. PS5 check! AE edition check! Only thing lacking right now is my wheel setup. I need to build it before launch of this game so i can hop straight in. Less than 50 days to go, hope they show some more footage soon.

Digity

That's surprising tbh.
I can only hope with an influx of EA money that they actually put in some more effort for the 2022 release. It's a new era for F1 this year with new cars, it would be nice to see them step things up overall. I believe they are switching engines to Unreal for their upcoming rally game. Would be nice if they did the same with F1.

I was lucky enough to grab a PS5 this week so i can finally enjoy this game at its best. PS5 check! AE edition check! Only thing lacking right now is my wheel setup. I need to build it before launch of this game so i can hop straight in. Less than 50 days to go, hope they show some more footage soon.
May I ask you were have you been able to find the PS5 ?

NickFire

I can't answer his question for you, but it sounds like Walmart may have them available for Walmart + consumers tomorrow. I have a friend who got one that way just before Xmas. I think they paid like an extra $12.00 to subscribe, but that's nothing compared to scalpers.

Raven117

Im definitely ready!

However, just as a PSA....Assetto Corsa Competizione is for sale for 13 bucks with a free upgrade coming to PS5 here on February 24. You want something that is a straight up simulator that focuses on driving physics and racing above all else (not alot of car options)...its worth taking a look. Kinda needs a wheel as its not optimized for controller...but still..

Markio128

Im definitely ready!

However, just as a PSA....Assetto Corsa Competizione is for sale for 13 bucks with a free upgrade coming to PS5 here on February 24. You want something that is a straight up simulator that focuses on driving physics and racing above all else (not alot of car options)...its worth taking a look. Kinda needs a wheel as its not optimized for controller...but still..
It is so cheap that I picked it up, ready for when the PS5 update hits in Feb. Should keep me busy until GT7 is released.

HTK

Banned
A lot of wheels out there from affordable to super expensive. Just know one thing, it's millions of times better to have an affordable wheel with a good cockpit than a expensive wheel with shitty or no cockpit.

Turk1993

I followed a group on twitter where they live update all the store stocks from all the stores and digital stores. I live in Belgium and was looking roughly 5 months for a PS5.
A lot of wheels out there from affordable to super expensive. Just know one thing, it's millions of times better to have an affordable wheel with a good cockpit than a expensive wheel with shitty or no cockpit.
I know i already have the G920 and owned thrustmaster Ferrari F458 FFB wheel and F430 FFB wheel before. I bought a house last year that i still renovate, im making a man cave where i want a complete setup with a decent seat and new wheel with PS5 support.

Top Bottom