• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition announced, all consoles and PC in 2021 and mobile in 2022

saintjules

SA is free on either Xbox GamePass or PS (whatever the hell it's called).

I forget which one.

Yeah SA will be on GamePass and GTA III will be on PS Now.

Is there an option of purchasing the games individualy? I only want SA...

No mention yet whether we'll see individual releases for purchase. They want to push for the $60 price tag so you get all 3 is my guess versus individual.

Pics. More here: https://twitter.com/GTASeries

zFoeCik.jpg
sSqKDg4.jpg
wCmCjZo.jpg
BGlo83U.jpg
B33QZlx.jpg
uNdVVNz.jpg
EJoYnaM.jpg

Best Case: Completely restored and relicensed.
Expected: Cuts are retained in this release.
Worst Case: More cuts because of expired licensing.

I'd honestly blind purchase this if the best case were true.
Best case would be also including the Vice City Stories Soundtrack into Vice City.🤷🏼‍♂️

SSfox

Gotta admit it looks quite great, tho gonna wait the game to go on sales.

That being said if they censor or remove content it's gonna be hard skip no matter the price or sales.

Last edited:

TheRealElvis

Neo Member
I have a PS5 but I am planning to buy this for my switch oled. I really hope it plays well (framerate) and isn’t cut in any graphical stuff except resolution

JayK47

I played GTA3 and Vice City so many times back in the day. Those games were so amazing when they came out. I didn't get into San Andreas as much because of how huge the game was and how hard it was because the missions were so long and really needed checkpoints. I have doubts that they added checkpoints to the missions. They added them in GTA4 and 5. I will need to pick this up at some point. I have these games on PC, but the PC version never supported controllers. Only mouse and keyboard, and it just wasn't as good without controller support. Really the only reason I want this is for controller support on PC.

Kacho

Gold Member
No clue who this guy is but his video was in my feed. With details being so scarce I figured it would be worth sharing.

Says all games play well now with the updated controls. He also says the games are “completely uncut” with “no censoring.” I’m not sure how he came to that conclusion since it’s impossible to play through all three games that quickly, but that’s what he claims.

He’s playing on PS5. Not sure if shill influencer or not.

Last edited:

Superwave

Banned
GTA V plays crap imo I know I am basically on my own with that view but it lacks the physics of San Andreas. in GTA V there is an invisible magnet or something that sticks you to the road and even if you flip 10 times in the air you are probably magically going to land on your wheels. I hate that it's like training wheels and not satisfying.

I really hope there is an option to use classic gameplay. Or the driving anyway, shooting is crap in the older games but the driving is much better, much more grounded in believable physics but still arcadey and fun.

Comparing dirt bikes in San Andreas and GTA V is where the biggest difference is. GTA V is not even fun here.

Last edited:
No clue who this guy is but his video was in my feed. With details being so scarce I figured it would be worth sharing.

Says all games play well now with the updated controls. He also says the games are “completely uncut” with “no censoring.” I’m not sure how he came to that conclusion since it’s impossible to play through all three games that quickly, but that’s what he claims.

They're installed separately ..hmm.. 1 launcher would've been preferrable

Banned

he is not playing anything on anything... he literally talks over trailer footage...

Last edited:

Oh god, his voice is so annoying. Why would they give early access to people like this

clem84

Gold Member
I haven't read this whole thread but has R* addressed the questions about the soundtracks of these games? Do we know if all the music will be intact?

It'll have the songs the ps4 versions had on them. They still have the licensing to those songs. Michael Jackson is probably still gone from VC. Doubt they renewed the rights.

RAIDEN1

But where are we at with the music?

Top Bottom