• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition announced, all consoles and PC in 2021 and mobile in 2022

SSfox

Switch and iOS/Android

Im Out Morgan Freeman GIF

I don't think it means much, The Witcher 3 is also on Switch just saying.

Last edited:
Wait, so this means even the steam releases are getting axed and you can only buy it on their store - and only the definitive edition?

Dude, fuck that.

I don't understand why these guys think that this was necessary at all.

Derktron

Banned
I'm kind of excited for it due to it being on the Switch in a way, but I hope this brings great graphical improvements along with modern performance. If not I will probably not end up buying, to be honest.

I don't it means much, The Witcher 3 is also on Switch just saying.
yep and that is a last gen game and still makes some PCs sweat to this day. these GTA games are from 17-20 years ago so even if they do improve visuals quite a bit it shouldn't be too difficult to run them on modern hardware.

Vagswarm

Not a good sign if they aren't showing any footage with it being so close to release. I mainly hope the controls are better, because at least on the PC (w/ an Xbox One controller), even trying to play those games was a nightmare. Lasted about 2 minutes in Vice City, lol. And that's my favorite in the series.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
No price, release date, no footage. Half the announcement is about GTAO.

Can rockstar get anything right?

Crazy right. Although if it would be received like the gta v trailer i can see why they wouldn't want to be trending again. I'm honestly not expecting much.

Gamezone

Gold Member
They delist the games from Steam in order to make way for something that’s exclusive to the Rockstar Launcher? Why aren’t more people calling them out on this crap?

LordCBH

Fix the crap controls for 3 and VC and add checkpoints to missions and do some balancing in certain missions and this could be spectacular.

Vagswarm

They delist the games from Steam in order to make way for something that’s exclusive to the Rockstar Launcher? Why aren’t more people calling them out on this crap?
If they own the games, it's their right to do whatever they want. Those games play like trash on the PC anyway. (Source: I own all of them.)

GTA 3 is so bad, it's literally unplayable unless you download like 20 different mods. Lmao.

Last edited:

ManaByte

What are you talking about here? Who's changing GTA 5?

I don't think anything is changing in GTA5 but there was already word that these are being changed to fit "today's gaming audience".

Meaning no killing hookers, no off-color jokes, completely neutered and inoffensive.

I don't think anything is changing in GTA5 but there was already word that these are being changed to fit "today's gaming audience".

Meaning no killing hookers, no off-color jokes, completely neutered and inoffensive.

Well, there goes the charm of GTA.

I simply couldn't imagine living with such thin skin.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I played most of San Andreas earlier this year and I’m not confident about this. They will probably butcher these games to appease resetera / woke mob. In the first 20 min of san andreas you are in a motorcycle chase with a flamboyant gay dude who is yelling hilarious prison gay stuff at you. Plus who knows what will happen with the soundtracks.

There is already a really good san andreas mod on PC for modern hardware/ resolutions and the OG soundtrack even if this turns out bad

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
So they are saying they are removing the original trilogy from stores. But what if you bought that, how do you upgrade if there is a cost. I really wish they’d communicate this a little better.

Gamezone

Gold Member
If they own the games, it's their right to do whatever they want. Those games play like trash on the PC anyway. (Source: I own all of them.)

GTA 3 is so bad, it's literally unplayable unless you download like 20 different mods. Lmao.
Still a trash move.

ManaByte

In the first 20 min of san andreas you are in a motorcycle chase with a flamboyant gay dude who is yelling hilarious prison gay stuff at you.

I can see the Twitter post now.

Some danger hair with 40 different abbreviations in their bio posting a clip of that and saying "Really, Rockstar?" and it's then retweeted/quote retweeted 299K times by similar accounts and then Take 2 has to issue an apology to the mob and delist the game from all platforms and "promise to do better".

Vagswarm

I doubt GTA will try to appeal to the woke audience. If anything they'll just mock them with relentless satire like they do everything else.

Kokoloko85

If it has the same controls and camera angle when shooting/ driving than this is a pile of shit

I bought the original trilogy recently and its awful to controls. Im only interested if theres control and camera angle changes

Top Bottom