• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

Seems a bit bizarre to announce this now.

But hey if this is real, i look forward to it. GTA:IV was my most played game of this gen so far.

They have their work cut out for them if they want to out do the graphics mods for GTA 4.

I was gonna post some nice example pictures but then I could see that getting mistaken or causing misunderstandings thinkings GTA 5 screenshots.

rezuth

Haha, you know its funny. I keep getting disappointed far into the games. Read Dead Redemption, LA Noire, GTA 4. Something about them just gets way too tedious about half-way in but yet I keep getting excited beyond excitement whenever they announce a new title. So here I am all hyped and I'm sure I'll be let down again :)

Polari

Oh great, already the logo has crushed my dreams of another GTA set in England. Hell, set anywhere but America. Rio, Tokyo, Paris would all be great.

reptilescorpio said:
V? The energy drink?

V3x4I.jpg

Finally that advertisement will pay off.

Mik2121

The hate already is hilarious. Yes, GTAIV wasn't the best out there, but they got enough time to fix things, and hell.. they're the guys that made, well, all the other GTA games and they are great.

If they also got some tips from the team that worked on RDR, we could get some really nice countryside and not just urban environments.

The trailer will be in just a few days from now, so it will be a fairly short wait :)

kirblar

JohnnytheFuture said:
Diggin the Five Dollar bill typeface.

Guess we know for sure it'll still be set in "America".
I wonder what city they're using. The dollar sign V makes me think of Philly or DC.

Chesskid1

Banned
holy shit, remember how hyped the GTA 4 trailers were? they were amazing iirc. i wanna go back and watch em now.

so excited.

i hope they will announce PC version as well !!

Jay Sosa

SmokyDave said:
Aaargh. I want to be hyped but GTA4 was so dry and stale that it's the only GTA I never bothered to play to completion. Need to see some details before I jump on the hype train.

Give BOGT a try. I agree that GTA 4 is the biggest disappointment in gaming history (and I'm not even your typical GAF hyperbole member) but to me they kinda redeemed themselves with that add on.

SRidge52

Banned
Mik2121 said:
The hate already is hilarious. Yes, GTAIV wasn't the best out there, but they got enough time to fix things, and hell.. they're the guys that made, well, all the other GTA games and they are great.

If they also got some tips from the team that worked on RDR, we could get some really nice countryside and not just urban environments.

The trailer will be in just a few days from now, so it will be a fairly short wait :)
WTF are you talking about a few days? It's like, a week and one day of waiting man. :(

Tawpgun

Dollar type face? DC maybe?

Anyway, I am SO fucking excite. Rockstar is such a quality developer. I can't wait to see what they dish out.

And put me in the camp that thought GTAIV was amazing. Loved the more serious tone.

Will be interesting to see if it gets a Wii U version. There's nothing stopping them from doing it... (we'll see how far grudges go...)

I'm betting on Hollywood like the old rumour (though, that logo makes me think of Texas)

Simo

CyReN said:
GTA V for 2012?

GTA V
Bioshock Infinite
Mass Effect 3
Halo 4
Far Cry 4
Tomb Raider

Year looks amazing.

Not to mention 2 Rockstar games within a year if true since Max Payne 3 is out in March.

Kritz

Banned
Ah, my favourite. The teaser of the teaser.

I'm almost surprised they did a full jump from 4 to 5, with Lost and Damned / Gay Tony acting as the closest equivalents of Vice City / San Andreas. Actually, I think I'm more surprised that GTA5 is coming out in the same lifecycle as GTA4.

Not sure what to expect other than maybe a possible Saint's Row 3 derailment attempt (unlikely).

parasight

I think they should have waited for the next generation. The console's just about finished it's life cycle. If anything release a Vice City or San Andreas type thing, but not a full sequel.

AniHawk

yeah, all i really wanted from gta iv was for it to be a spiritual sequel to san andreas. hopefully v can do that for me.

although the saints row series is something i've ignored and it's apparently more san andreasy/video gamey.

Jay Sosa said:
Give BOGT a try. I agree that GTA 4 is the biggest disappointment in gaming history (and I'm not even your typical GAF hyperbole member) but to me they kinda redeemed themselves with that add on.
Agreed. Gay Tony was enough for me to start fantasising about what GTA5 could be like now that they have an engine and can take their time crafting a massive, fun world. Plus RDR was fantastic.

Sophia

Jay Sosa said:
GTA 4 is the biggest disappointment in gaming history
(and I'm not even your typical GAF hyperbole member)

Yeah, I'm pretty certain you are. No game that has an average score of 97% qualifies as "the biggest" disappointment in gaming history. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom