• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

Mik2121 said:
The Ballad of Gay Tony did it perfectly, and that was their last title. So yeah, I think there's no reason to doubt them :)

Yep Gay Tony was all that. Silly and serious.

The thing is GTA:IV and the expansions were always serious and silly imo. The tone as always was black comedy.

Majanew

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Who says they haven't ?

For all we know this is a launch title for PS4 & the X-loop.
A November 2011 first announcement and a November 2013 release on next-gen Xbox? I guess they could do an enhanced version later on for it if GTAV comes out next year and there is a GOTY edition for the Loop...but meh on that.

Just saw the last line. I guess it could be, but seems early unless it is Wii U first.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
KennyLinder said:
Dollar notes?

UKGaf here but looks like it?
That's it! Thanks

RzaqD.jpg

I'd say Vegas too then

Suairyu

Banned
Oh, very excited. Loved GTAIV and TLatD, unfortunately am yet to play TBoGT.

No-one can build worlds like Rockstar. They were with IV the true successors to Shenmue's "living, breathing world" feel. It doesn't matter if the other elements are lacking; walking around that world in IV was an experience like no other.

And, as it happened, I didn't feel like other elements in IV were lacking. There was less of the silly bloat from SA, sure, but where that bloat was a triumph for SA, it would not have worked for the tone IV was shooting for.

That said, there is a lot that could be improved outside of the world building, like more interesting missions, more interactive locations and more sidemissions - the bike races and turf wars of TLatD made a contextually-workable set of distractions that enhanced the experience.

Dabanton said:
How the heck does R* run such a tight ship? Anywhere else and this shit would have leaked weeks ago.
Amazing NDAs and/or threat of abuse towards staff members.

rezuth said:
Haha, you know its funny. I keep getting disappointed far into the games. Read Dead Redemption, LA Noire, GTA 4. Something about them just gets way too tedious about half-way in but yet I keep getting excited beyond excitement whenever they announce a new title. So here I am all hyped and I'm sure I'll be let down again :)

I apologize that you can't enjoy nice things.

HYPE! This game will knock everything off its pedestal. Just like RDR continues to do. (I also loved GTAIV besides its flaws and the expansions are better than 90% of the full games out there).

Winnie the Pimp said:
but they already did Vegas in SA hmm

They already had done Liberty City also. Could be anything. Hollywood because of the money might fit too.

Let the speculation begin!

Sophia

A27 Tawpgun said:
If people want a ridiculous sandbox game go play Saints Row. It's in the spirit of the old GTA games and much more ridiculous than any of them were.

The more serious tone with GTAIV was amazing.

I like the more serious tone myself. Ballad of Gay Tony struck the right balance.

Chinner

Banned
Suairyu said:

No-one can build worlds like Rockstar. They were with IV the true successors to Shenmue's "living, breathing world" feel. It doesn't matter if the other elements are lacking; walking around that world in IV was an experience like no other.

And, as it happened, I didn't feel like other elements in IV were lacking. There was less of the silly bloat from SA, sure, but where that bloat was a triumph for SA, it would not have worked for the tone IV was shooting for.

That said, there is a lot that could be improved outside of the world building, like more interesting missions, more interactive locations and more sidemissions - the bike races and turf wars of TLatD made a contextually-workable set of distractions that enhanced the experience.
oh can totally tell your post was moneyhatted by rockstar. nice try.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Suairyu said:

You should rectify this as soon as possible; it's the best of the GTAIV bunch.

Lima

My day goes like this.

Waking up and going to Uni. Reading this announcement on twitter. Shouting out loud in class and everyone stares at me. Now I came home and it feels like my head exploded. Shit even my cat is excited.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lima said:
My day goes like this.

Waking up and going to Uni. Reading this announcement on twitter. Shouting out loud in class and everyone stares at me. Now I came home and it feels like my head exploded. Shit even my cat is excited.

edZ0J.png

glaurung

This is awesome news.

But I am worried - this date is dangerously close to that Xbox World 2011 event in November where they might or might not announce a new console.

Should I be worried?

Lima said:
My day goes like this.

Wallach

glaurung said:
This is awesome news.

But I am worried - this date is dangerously close to that Xbox World 2011 event in November where they might or might not announce a new console.

Should I be worried?

Worried about what? I'd be more worried if this was coming out on current gen platforms because quite frankly they are old as fuck and need to retire.

Mik2121

glaurung said:
This is awesome news.

Should I be worried?
Not at all.

Wallach said:
Worried about what? Frankly I'd be more worried if this was coming out on current gen platforms because quite frankly they are old as fuck and need to retire.
This game is 99% likely to be coming to 360, PS3 and PC (with a release maybe late 2012?) than the next consoles. The next consoles won't be around for quite a while...

StuBurns

Banned
glaurung said:
This is awesome news.

Should I be worried?
No.

Suairyu

Banned
Chinner said:
oh can totally tell your post was moneyhatted by rockstar. nice try.
Chinner, pal, if you could pull off wearing a hat made of money like I can, you'd also be doing it.

JaseC said:
You should rectify this as soon as possible; it's the best of the GTAIV bunch.
Oh, I know. It's I demand to play it on PC, yet I'm still only rocking a Core2Duo. I can grit my teeth and play GTAIV at 20fps just to see the pretty, but for a whole new campaign I'll need something more playable.

Barrett2

glaurung said:
This is awesome news.

Should I be worried?

They would lose so much revenue releasing it as XBOX 720 exclusive that the amount of compensation MS would have to pay would be astronomical.

Razgreez

The feature bursting scale of SA or greater
Match the storyline of VC or better it
The graphics of uncharted (yeah pipe dream i know)
and... the ability to scale buildings like infamous's cole (just find a way to make it work, make him/her a free runner or something along those lines)

Perfect...

Dynoro

Hopefully its actually fun to play (unlike GTA4 imo). It doesn't have to be silly (we have SR3 for that) but just make the city an interesting place to be, some decent radio stations and a less crappy driving experience

RPGamer92

Banned
Green Scar said:
They shouldn't have announced the announcement. Imagine the shitstorm if they'd just dropped this next Wednesday out of the blue
That would just about be the only thing capable of actually breaking the internet which is why they had to announce it like this first.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
No way they're releasing it for this gen. It's just going to be a teaser probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom