• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Lantern got kicked out of The Justice League (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to focus Green Lantern on the space cop aspect and not even be on earth for Justice League I can deal with that. If the League leaves earth the Corp should show up though.

The green lantern suit should be CGI, its a construct. And they should always have that glowing green edge from their force field.

Yeah, I think what they need to focus on this go around is the corp aspect. I think the best moments of GL was when he was on Oa, hanging out with the other lanterns. It got dragged way down when Hal returned to earth.

But consider this, it's extremely important who they picked for the league because a whole new generation will be seeing the league for the first time. This will be their league. To me, a true league has always been composed of DC's core franchises. Not having a GL on there seems extremely odd, it's basically eliminating the cosmic component of the dc universe.

That being said, I think Zatanna would be a good pick if they wanted another female character. It would also tie into the magic aspect we're seeing explored in suicide squad.

EYEL1NER

DCEU be like

itadDvH.gif
I just rewatched JL: War last night after reading the first three New 52 JL trades and Vol 1 and 2 of Flash (first DC stuff I have read in a good while) and I forgot how hilarious that scene is. The speed that those parademons start punching and the way they animated it... I busted up laughing and had to rewind and watch it again a few times. Fuck you, Hal.

My Green Lantern tier list for the film universe would be: Kyle > skip GL and put Booster Gold in the film instead > Hal > Guy > John > any other Green Lantern.

Makonero

I just rewatched JL: War last night after reading the first three New 52 JL trades and Vol 1 and 2 of Flash (first DC stuff I have read in a good while) and I forgot how hilarious that scene is. The speed that those parademons start punching and the way they animated it... I busted up laughing and had to rewind and watch it again a few times. Fuck you, Hal.

My Green Lantern tier list for the film universe would be: Kyle > skip GL and put Booster Gold in the film instead > Hal > Guy > John > any other Green Lantern.

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (Jaime) should crash the party and become probationary Justice Leaguers.

They're supposed to be in something soon, the Arroverse shows aren't allowed to use either.

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (Jaime) should crash the party and become probationary Justice Leaguers.

They're supposed to be in something soon, the Arroverse shows aren't allowed to use either.

As much as I love Jaime, Ted is Booster's Beetle. Have them show up, do shenanigans, have Lord install Ted's skylight, then have Jaime walk on.

wait so that leak a while ago from reddit is fake? cuz he said that
Lantern is in the movie.

which one?

Pretty much all of them are fake. The really long typed up one was deconfirmed by Verendus and the EW Writer, ViolatingNDA's was fake too. Unsure about the one posted on IMDB.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Pull the trigger DC.

not gonna lie, but doing a lethal weapon-esque movie about then doing stuff in space would be amazing. It's basically what the CG series did with Kilowogg and Hal, and it was awesome.

Could he though, since he is with Marvel?

Many actors have appeared in both DC and Marvel films. Idris Elba already has, actually, with Thor and The Losers. A few have even appeared in each DC, Marvel, and Dark Horse. For example, Ryan Reynolds was in Green Lantern, Deadpool, and R.I.P.D.

JSevere

No problem with this, but I don't think WB really needs to put a decade of distance between the Green Lantern movie and bringing the character into the DCEU. Audiences are forgiving, no one's complained about there being a new Batman not too long after DKR. If they're worried, just use the superior Green Lantern
John Stewart
and things will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom