• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GSL November 2011 StarCraft II Finals

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TL.net Finals Preview
Tl.net Finals THREAD + SUGGESTED GAMES
*Protip: Watch every game. Buy the Season pass just for the Finals. Best TvZ series in SC II. Best GSL Finals.

LmoFG.png

Graphics by Meko, Art by fishuu

OGofT.jpg

Code:
(T)Jjakji <Tal'Darim Altar> (Z)Leenock
(T)Jjakji <Crossfire SE> (Z)Leenock
(T)Jjakji <Daybreak> (Z)Leenock
(T)Jjakji <Bel'shir Beach> (Z)Leenock
(T)Jjakji <Dual Sight> (Z)Leenock (if needed)
(T)Jjakji <Calm Before the Storm> (Z)Leenock (if needed)
(T)Jjakji <Antiga Shipyard> (Z)Leenock (if needed)

When: 3h 30m from this post.
Event Time: 17:10 KST (12/3/2011)
09:10 CET
03:10 EST
00:10 PST
00:10 PST (12/3/2011)

Where: South Korea
GOMTV GSL November 2011 Live Link or http://www.gomtv.net/live/index.gom?conid=66643
Stream Specifications:
Free
SQ : Resolution: 512x288
Premium
SQ : 450Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 640x360 / Minimum bandwidth required: 550Kbps
HQ : 900Kbps(Video)+128Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 960x540 / Minimum bandwidth required:1000Kbps

Buy the Premium Service

Permanent access to all the match VODs provided in Global StarCraft II League Nov.

Casters: Artosis and Tasteless
T34I6.jpg

The Money:
Code:
Champion 	&#8361; 50,000,000 	[B]$ 46,000[/B] 	&#8364; 32,000
Runner-up 	&#8361; 20,000,000 	[B]$ 18,500 [/B]	&#8364; 13,000

GAFchat: Join IRC for insta-reactions and meaningless banter
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=starcraft2-gaf&uio=d4 or
#Starcraft2-gaf on Quakenet

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jjakji !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: there's pretty much 0 chance I'll be awake when the finals are live though :( It'll be like 8am...

Quadratic

Leenock's got this. But I don't think it's going to be a one sided finals like the others. At least I hope it isn't.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Flash wouldn't survive a second in SC2!

Mindlog

I hope Jakji manages to take a match off Leenock.
There is the chance that with all that time to prepare we could end up with another 2011 GSL Super Tournament final where Polt crushed MMA 4-0.

My money is still on Leenock.

Jjaki and Leenock have met before in GSL and all the matches were close. That plus Jjaki showed some very different build. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a polt or MMA and come out on top in a few matches with some unique tactics.

Zzoram

stephano lost a bo3 to drewbie

leenock would never lose a bo3 to drewbie.

Losing to Drewbie is pretty embarrassing. MKP will never live that down, although he didn't really lose at least, he nuked himself after winning and turned it into a loss.

ultron87

I don't know if I want to stay up 45 more minutes to start to watch Leenock roll to victory.

It will probably actually be way closer than everyone is anticipating.

(._.)

Banned
staying up to watch this. I just have a feeling these finals will be really great.

NASL is going off if they aren't over by the time these start

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think we will have some good fights and at least 2 close games.
So already 300% better than most GSL Finals.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm be asleep while this is going on but I predict that Leenock will rock Jakkji 4-0 EZPZ.

ZzzZzzzz

Max

I am not Max
The bracket changes are really great, seeing these two relatively unknown players rise to the top as a result

Mairu

The bracket changes are really great, seeing these two relatively unknown players rise to the top as a result

I'm not so sure that the bracket changes led to these players getting to the top. The only change to the actual code s advancement was changing ro16 from bo3s to group play.

It's also kind of unfair to call Leenock an unknown considering he's been a main stay of GSL since almost the beginning, even if he's had trouble getting to Code S until just recently.

The real changes to Code S are going to be seen next season, where we see the difference in the ~24 players who managed to advance to Code S after all the former main-stays of Code S have been weeded out

I'm really hoping for something other than Leenock 4-0

edit: stream is live with kpop! sorry puma & sheth but I'm turning NASL off as soon as the kpop is over :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
stream is live but acting funny

ending from the new IU mv keeps replaying

Working now. it crashed on me, reopened and now works.

Get this open early as possible because sometimes people have issues joining once the traffic hits :p

Quadratic

I wonder what the pregame will be like. They weren't promoting a K-pop group this season. It'll be weird not having an awkward lip synced performance before the finals.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Best intro will always be the LG 3d tourny finals.

Wish they did that more. It was awesome to see sc2 before more sc2 :p

Mairu

I wonder what the pregame will be like. They weren't promoting a K-pop group this season. It'll be weird not having an awkward lip synced performance before the finals.

They didn't have one last season either, and I don't think that was the first time they didn't have a Kpop group associated as well

I think this is the first time in awhile the Kpop quality has matched the stream quality (on hq), usually it's really lq

Wedge7

Alot of people are worried, or not, that its going to be another horrible 4-0. Hopefully not the case, Leenock is sick, but I got alot of faith Jjajki, I remember him impressing me in previous Code A seasons.

Leenock 4-3. Epic series that is for years and years hereafter pointed to as one of the finest exemplars of the "classic" period of competitive SC2.

Top Bottom