• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 5 + GSTL Season 3 Thread

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fantastic micro by Parting!

GC|Simon

Whoa, totally didn't expect today's GSL Code S results...

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. I guess Life and Leenock will proceed to the round of eight.

Jokab

Sorry I don't accept mediocrity as readily as you.

Wolf is widely regarded as one of the best casters, and Artosis solo-cast is always interesting for all the knowledge bombs he drops. It seems you disagree with pretty much everyone then.

I don't mind wolf even though i feel like his knowledge isn't as good as is often implied. Artosis solo casting is great though, in fact he is good with pretty much anyone.

Edit: Anyone who is a fan of star fox, earthbound and f-zero is ok in my books :p.

giri

Artosis solo cast is nice every now and then, but it's a very dry very factual cast. More like a university lecture than an entertaining cast. And thats where tasteless is so great. He lightens up the cast and keeps it interesting and on point. Not stuck in theorycrafting.

Wolf knows tons, but he's not on Arotsis's level. But thats fine, not all your casters can be (Artosis isn't that far off pace with some of the worse "pros" [read, guys you never actually see play in code A or Code S]).

Last night there was a period where they almost got completely distracted, stopped talking about the game at hand, and went off into theory/dreaming about other possibilities.

Khaldor though is similar to wolf, and is constantly getting better. But sometimes he and wolf can be brutal to listen too. Their chemistry just isn't all that good. They seem to have really opposite humour and as a result you get lots of awkward moments.

Aaron

The kespa ones definitely look good but just have a few flaws in their game. Flash just needs to work out how to incorporate late game units into his army and he is going to be pretty scary.
Flash is definitely still lacking SC2 experience, but most of his skills transferred to the new game just fine.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i've actually come full circle to enjoying XvZ now, it's almost like a protest matchup in korea. a veritable selection pack of cheeses and wacky one shot snipe builds.

i mean, it's broken as all hell, but there's something compelling about the against-all-odds nature of it.

Flash is definitely still lacking SC2 experience, but most of his skills transferred to the new game just fine.

Definitely agree. Looking forward to what players like him are capable of.

i've actually come full circle to enjoying XvZ now, it's almost like a protest matchup in korea. a veritable selection pack of cheeses and wacky one shot snipe builds.

i mean, it's broken as all hell, but there's something compelling about the against-all-odds nature of it.

TvZ has been fine all along imo and i've never stopped enjoying it. PvZ on the other hand remains in a really weird spot and i'm not sure there is a solution to it. I still enjoy some of the builds protoss are doing but if the game reaches late game, ugh.

Vaporak

Fantasy playing some good TvT.

TvZ has been fine all along imo and i've never stopped enjoying it. PvZ on the other hand remains in a really weird spot and i'm not sure there is a solution to it. I still enjoy some of the builds protoss are doing but if the game reaches late game, ugh.

TvZ has always been a better matchup than PvZ imo.

TvZ has always been a better matchup than PvZ imo.

I think you would struggle to find anyone who doesn't think this. It has always been a great matchup to watch. In general i'm happy with SC2 right now except for PvZ, i enjoy some of it but i recognise it is broken. Not sure how to fix it though.

Vaporak

I wonder how good Jaedong is. I remember he looking good back in proleague but got stomped out of the GSL when he got seeded.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
[Code A] RO48 Day 2 2012 GSL Season 5

Early Stream
Bbyong vs. TAiLS
Seed vs. Center
aLive vs. Flying
Mini vs. YongHwa

http://www.gomtv.net/live/index.gom

-running a little late due to Wolf/Khaldor's flights being late from China

Wunder

TaeJa vs. Dark
Squirtle vs. Miya
Shine vs. JangBi
Heart vs. NesTea

--Starting Now--

Wolf and Khaldor looking dapper in their Harry Potter vests, discussing houses for each player. Hoping for a secret Dark win with all these weird results today, and maybe Jangbi owning it up.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
That was a long last game, Taeja was playing it safe there at the end.

Seed's drop like you said Vaporak has got to be tough for him to take. Code S -> A -> B is quite succession. Then you have to come back up through Code B again.

Nice to see Youngwa make it though, would have been brutal to get knocked out after trying for so long to get into Code A.

Aaron

Any reason why AX has picked up only ex-Slayers players? I mean, good on them for picking up relatively young players that will only improve, but its oddly focused.

Wunder

Any reason why AX has picked up only ex-Slayers players? I mean, good on them for picking up relatively young players that will only improve, but its oddly focused.

Seems like they just want to pick up solid koreans and ex-SlayerS are the prime targets and they probably all have a good relationship with each other. I heard they are planning on entering GSTL or something so it isn't that surprising they want at least some team chemistry.

Jangbang let's do this.

Top Bottom