• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 5 + GSTL Season 3 Thread

Vaporak

Jangbi/Bisu/Stork continue to be bad at SC2. I wonder why the best Broodwar Toss players transitioned so badly while the top Zerg and Terrans are doing pretty well.

Striek

BW toss: Tier 1 strong, good in small numbers, map control
SC2 toss: Tier 1 weak, bad in small numbers, no map control

But then again terran and zerg is all upside down too so IDK.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
creator's gonna be up against it. i get the feeling that all sleep has been suspended in the TSL house since the BWC replays came out.

Vaporak

I'm feeling all nostalgic about how this code S is turning out, it's like we're back in the Sad Zealot days. We've even got Marineking back to doing well!

Aaron

How am I supposed to tell who is who with the colors on this map?

MKP once again benefiting from the self destruction of his opponent. Ryung making huge mistakes.

Striek

The guy with the hard contain can't deny bases, gets own bases repeatedly denied. What the hell MKP, how you so bad?

This may sound dumb but i kinda feel like MKP should have just taken Ryungs 3rd base while he was doing the hard contain.

It has been a while since i saw a player getting that outclassed this far into the GSL. Glad he lost as he isn't going to be able to win anything when he is so mentally fragile.

Zen

Banned
Sigh, Marine King had really sloppy play this season...

There's always next season but he needs to keep some[/oi] units at home when he know his opponent will attempt to punish him. His complete lack of defense at his third constantly cost him games in this series.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Despite that first game, I thought Ryung played pretty well tonight.

MKP, he always shows much promise in the early rounds of Code S but just cannot deliver when it matters unfortunately.

When was the last time he made it into the Round of 4?

ChokeKingPrime

When did Ryung get good again? Or was MKP just that bad.

I think Ryung has been great this season. I'll admit that i really didn't rate him before hand but i have really loved his play this tournament. His ZvT looks good to so i think he has a strong chance (especially with life getting knocked out).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Man MKP just got completely shut down that game. Should have made the Viking first instead of Medivac.

bbyybb

Not a bad first game to start the night, Innovation was definitely playing much better.

Keikaku

That first match left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt that Soulkey played pretty poorly in not capitalizing on his SCV kills and it felt like he was being really slow with transitioning to Hive and getting his 3rd and 4ths up. Innovation looked pretty standard.

This second game is much better on Innovation's part though!

First game was great play form both players i thought, really entertaining game. In general both players look good. Hoping we get to see Leenock vs innovation at some point.

bbyybb

The second game was very poor from Soulkey. It will be a hard round from here if he hopes to make it to the Semi Finals.

Innovation is just one game away from Las Vegas.

Keikaku

First game was great play form both players i thought, really entertaining game. In general both players look good. Hoping we get to see Leenock vs innovation at some point.
What really got me was that Soulkey let his 4th fall 3 times completely unopposed to less than 15 Marines even though he had a bunch of Lings and Banelings just chilling in the corridor next to his 3rd. He also took 20+ minutes to get to Hive and wasted his first 5 Infestors on some really oddly placed Infested Terrans.

Innovation is really kicking ass in the last 2 games though and he looks good.

bbyybb

Innovation just waltzes into Soulkey's base and does so much damage.

It is looking so rough right now.

bbyybb

It is over. Such a one sided series. Not something you expect for the Round of 8. This was like an old Code A game where one player is so much better than the other.

Sorry i messed up the names, wasn't thinking. I have fixed it now :)

Glad innovation won. Hoping the semis are better than the RO8 though.

It is over. Such a one sided series. Not something you expect for the Round of 8. This was like an old Code A game where one player is so much better than the other.

The marineking series last night was another example of exactly that (make the sorts of mistakes we have seen since the open seasons).

Top Bottom