• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT4 screens

Dekajelly

ps2banana.gif
ps2banana.gif

A durable race is specially trained with "GT4" for 24 hours! The result.
2004/06/11
The drive simulator which adheres even to not only appearance but an action, or the environment around it, and is reproducing the real car as a game "GURANTSURISUMO."
Pro driver Tetsuya Tanaka trained specially the Nuerburgring 24-hour durable race held from Fri., June 11 to Sun., the 13th using the expected 膨らむ latest work "GURANTSURISUMO 4" of sale.

The durable race performed using the course which attains to 20km of round from which slides on a place between mountains with a durable race for the Nuerburgring 24 hours, and it escapes. It is called the severest race in the world and competes by the driver exceeding 200 sets every year. Tanaka begins super durable 3 successive victories at home, and he also enters GT championship. It is not only quick, but established reputation is merely in the stable driving technique.

The course of the German NYURU bull link used as the race stage is recorded on "GURANTSURISUMO 4." On a game, Tanaka who challenges this race as a team driver of a FARUKEN tire this time performs a test run, and he faces [ a battle ] this course that cannot actually run unless it becomes just before a race.
Nissan skyline normal in the open practice on Fri., May 7 After memorizing a course layout by R34 GT-R, it changed to FALKEN*GT-R which serves as its own car in a race, and special training was stacked.
Tanaka was completely the same as the NYURU bull link of genuine articles, such as "scenery and tone of a road surface, to training specially in a game before a race, and he was surprised at it. Since it is a game and the course which runs at the speed of about 300km can be looked again any number of times if it is original, it is commented whether a course layout can be checked." Furthermore, it was telling forcibly "the husband who is surely helpful to the race of acting before the audience since SHIMYURETA って "GT4" serves as sufficient contents."

This special training will hope that what result may be induced to Tanaka's activity!

2004061149981.jpg
2004061149982.jpg

2004061149983.jpg
2004061149984.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Those pictures lack jaggies the Prologue has,to be honest Prologue doesnt look all that good,i would give it 8.5 for visuals.

Chopin Trusty Balls

Mystifizor said:
Well, you`re just a "hater" and we know that. Right? ;-) Damn, OPM is so a nice place to "get the truth". Damn ;-)

Huh? Damn,where is that picture of the dog in the mixer with "What what what"?

Just look at the prologue yourself,there is some very noticable aliasing.

Dekajelly

Fleming said:
Huh? Damn,where is that picture of the dog in the mixer with "What what what"?

Just look at the prologue yourself,there is some very noticable aliasing.

slap.gif
And how old is the Prologue code...

lordmrw

Game looks simply amazing. The only thing is, I've tried numerous times to get into Gran Turismo, but I just can't get into simulation racers. I almost feel guilty about that for some reason.

BeOnEdge

Banned
awesome shots but what res are they at then? even in HD prologue doesnt look that good. :( i'd say in some parts the IQ is worse than gt3.

Ranger X

Most probably taken in photo mode! That's why it looks better than when you play.
And whatever the difference is barely noticeable. We have the trained eye don't you remember... The casual thinks it's the same quality as Tokyo 3 lol

Fleming said:
Those pictures lack jaggies the Prologue has,to be honest Prologue doesnt look all that good,i would give it 8.5 for visuals.

And what is the point of posting pictures with jaggies? Would you like to look at pictures with jaggies? Would it make you more confortable to know that other people see GT4 with jaggies?

Chopin Trusty Balls

Littleberu said:
And what is the point of posting pictures with jaggies? Would you like to look at pictures with jaggies? Would it make you more confortable to know that other people see GT4 with jaggies?

Because they dont represent the quality of actuall game correctly,you can blame on old code and prologue and stuff,but the fact is the prologue visual quality is nothing like those screens,that bothers me.

We will se how the final code turns out in a few months.

Bebpo

Banned
Fleming said:
Because they dont represent the quality of actuall game correctly,you can blame on old code and prologue and stuff,but the fact is the prologue visual quality is nothing like those screens,that bothers me.

And how is that any different than all the Xbox touched up shots for like every freaking game these days?

BeOnEdge

Banned
final code? different build? BS. theres was no difference between prologue and what was at e3 this year graphically. i'm pretty sure the newer builds are improved but if anything its in AI and gameplay, NOT graphics. As far as xbox games, they are much closer to their screen shots when played in HD anyone elses.

BeOnEdge said:
final code? different build? BS. theres was no difference between prologue and what was at e3 this year graphically. i'm pretty sure the newer builds are improved but if anything its in AI and gameplay, NOT graphics. As far as xbox games, they are much closer to their screen shots when played in HD anyone elses.

Polyphony had officially stated that the graphics would undergo improvements in the final game, in a recent Eurogamer interview it was even said that the crowd now consists of 3D models instead of flat billboards (which were also very lifelike animated imho).

Insertia

sim-pgr2-0008.jpg

remember when PGR2 looked like that?

Anyway, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Unless Polyphony was able improve the graphics quality in the videos, GT4 really does look that damn good.

BeOnEdge

Banned
pgr2 still looks like that. back to GT4, as complete as the e3 build was selection wise, i highly doubt they are going to go in and redo the graphics AGAIN unless you want a 2005 release. the graphics are finished. i can almost guarantee you that. its been at e3 3 years now. this is the most complete it has ever been.

BeOnEdge

Banned
try again. this year GT4 showcased hong kong. Last year GT4 showcased New York, the Grand Canyon. also online play multiplayer mode. in 2002, GT4 was also at e3 in some form. I cant remember if it was just video or 2002 is where they had the racing seats but it was there.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I distinctively remember looking at first screenshots from scans of some magazine pre E3-2003 last year...but whatever

acklame

BeOnEdge said:
try again. this year GT4 showcased hong kong. Last year GT4 showcased New York, the Grand Canyon. also online play multiplayer mode. in 2002, GT4 was also at e3 in some form. I cant remember if it was just video or 2002 is where they had the racing seats but it was there.

Try again indeed. GT4 debut for the first time in Sony E3 2003 press conference.

acklame

I am pretty darn sure I am right, considering I watched the 2003 press conference live and I still have the video of it sitting on my comp.

An easier way is to check out Gamespot/IGN's GT4 page and see the date of the first official debut report.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Haterade is a terrible thing. GT4 looks fucking pimp. Prologue rocks my socks.

Fleming said:

So would releasing undoctored screens that look worse than the actual game be better to you? Because that's what pretty much happens when companies don't doctor screens a bit.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I know it's sort of lame (though not so bad as I hate sim racers, I just come into these threads to admire the graphics), but everytime I see these screens, all I can think is how amazing the next generation Gran Turismo is going to look. With the increased resolution and increased power...it's just gonna look photorealistic. I know that terms bandied around too much...but dammit, look at what they're doing on the PS2!

Now we all have trained eyes, so we can see the slight imperfections which give away that it's a game and not a photo, but I just got my sister to look at them and she honestly can't tell.

Just remarkable.

Top Bottom