• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition |OT| Ah shit, here we go again

Flintty

OG Vs. Remaster

LbgP3sx.jpg
Reminds me of this, which is just as accurate, except Rockstar aint as funny.

wbabAHG.jpg

Bragr

Banned
It's a very small studio and the workload in the time frame they gave them was probably too much. That said, some of the graphic design work is amateurish.
That's on them though, if they didn't get enough time, it's on them to negotiate what they need or figure this out somehow, not rush it with fucking A.I.

These guys are mobile developers. Rockstar has clearly not quality-tested the game for themselves, they just shipped the fucking thing out no fucks given. It's like if Nintendo would outsource a new Mario 3D platformer to some mid-tier mobile developer and not check how it turned out and just release the thing on Switch because Mario sells.

It's fucking abhorrent, and Rockstar has lost all integrity.

Last night I tried the OG ps2 classics version on Playstation and there is a big improvement to the Remasters visuals. Like huge as it has actual textures everywhere as well as dynamic lights. What is missing though is the atmosphere due to lighting changes most noticeable is the beautiful baby blue and orange colors that are so prevalent in the original.

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's on them though, if they didn't get enough time, it's on them to negotiate what they need or figure this out somehow, not rush it with fucking A.I.

These guys are mobile developers. Rockstar has clearly not quality-tested the game for themselves, they just shipped the fucking thing out no fucks given. It's like if Nintendo would outsource a new Mario 3D platformer to some mid-tier mobile developer and not check how it turned out and just release the thing on Switch because Mario sells.

For real, they’re on the same rung as CDPR for me now - absolute bottom tier.

Ninty realised with the CDi that it’s imperative to keep a tight grip on your beloved IP.

Last edited:

Right. This is on Rockstar

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
The worst part of this is this is going to sell millions of copies and Rockstar/take 2 won't give 2 shits.
Physical not out for another month thank fuck. Probably not millions after this shit show - unless millions pre-ordered it?

Never pre-order digital games!!! Oh but it’s convenient for pre-load though… yeah cos you really have to start playing it at midnight don’t you…

Last edited:
Bought it. Played the crap out of the originals back in the day. But yeah the rain is terrible. You can’t see anything. The updated models are just laughable.
It’s just dire.

I won’t be buying another rockstar game again tbh.

mcjmetroid

I think serious questions needs to be asked about why we aren't seeing any reviews from the big review sites yet. What's going on in IGN and GameSpot.

IGN claims it's just because the review isn't ready yet but I'm not buying it.

Last edited:
I think serious questions needs to be asked about why we aren't seeing any reviews from the big review sites yet. What's going on in IGN and GameSpot.

IGN claims it's just because the review isn't ready yet but I'm not buying it.
Even if they're not paid off (they are; if not $ than the "curency" of early access and privileges), there's no doubt in my mind some bs in regards to Rockstar not showing off the gameplay early or sending out codes.

dotnotbot

Just saw someone claiming you can no longer rob stores in Vice City like you could in originals. Can anyone confirm or deny? PS2/PS4 version had a trophy for robbing 15 stores and it's gone for "definitive" edition.
EDIT: debunked, you can

Also, I still can't find an answer whether cars can get dirty in San Andreas or not. It's a thing that was absent in mobile port.

Little collection of remastered textures for attention:
piarxg7x4az71.jpg

comment_163679492094xj8AbzDs5GOjRMLOx9o8.jpg

wbrz9x44t8z71.jpg

ze94h4roncz71.jpg

comment_1636649556IsSHb6JyXi35nh77b9Ffa3.jpg

5q0ut0ak03z71.png

New update for my collection:

Last edited:
He has no other choice. They are already a few videos out about about the shitty framerate and the frame time issues.

If he wouldn't critise them DF would lose a lot of credibility.
The reason I said that is I feel Jon and the rest of DF go way too easy on developers to the point where I've questioned their credibility for a while now. I'm not saying Jon doesn't make great videos I just think its obvious they go easy on devs to maintain a good relationship, which I think sucks.

Just saw someone claiming you can no longer rob stores in Vice City like you could in originals. Can anyone confirm or deny? PS2/PS4 version had a trophy for robbing 15 stores and it's gone for "definitive" edition.
EDIT: debunked, you can

Also, I still can't find an answer whether cars can get dirty in San Andreas or not. It's a thing that was absent in mobile port.

Little collection of remastered textures for attention:
piarxg7x4az71.jpg

comment_163679492094xj8AbzDs5GOjRMLOx9o8.jpg

wbrz9x44t8z71.jpg

ze94h4roncz71.jpg

comment_1636649556IsSHb6JyXi35nh77b9Ffa3.jpg

5q0ut0ak03z71.png

qh5y6ba9ygz71.png

25k6pnwgsfz71.jpg

Original: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gta/images/7/78/FleischBerg_(SA).jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20111214201824&path-prefix=pl
ypaj6m57idz71.png

Original: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/g...th-down/1000?cb=20130914170711&path-prefix=pl
EAkhXpd.jpg

Top Bottom