• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

I've been waiting to buy this game this entire time because there was no Spiegel in it. Port FB already goddamn it.

I just ordered my Best version. I hope that Full Boost for consoles isn't announced before I get the chance to play it.

IF (big IF) Full Boost gets a console port, I'm guessing the earliest you'd see it is December 2013. TGS announcment and December release would follow the same pattern as Extreme Versus.

Yes. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I really like it. It is zzzzzzzzzz while playing by yourself but if you play it online its fun. The game looks very good and I like the customization.

To anyone who has played it, are the part drops when you cut off a limb and destroy a mobile suit entirely random? Because sometimes the parts turn into green or purple orbs. What do the purple orbs do anyway?

I spent about an hour with the Beta when it first released, but that was it. Can't really answer your questions.

I do have the full-game preordered, though.

klausbert

I got it yesterday. Pretty awesome game, i need to get into it a bit, coming from Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus on the PSP.
But man was i disappointed that there was no Tobe! Gundam. But then i found the BGM edit mode and was pretty happy again.

Beckx

Okay EXVS masters, teach me the zen of blocking. I just can't seem to master it. I see a guy coming at me and still just end up eating a full beam saber combo.

Okay EXVS masters, teach me the zen of blocking. I just can't seem to master it. I see a guy coming at me and still just end up eating a full beam saber combo.

It's very situational really and most of the time, stepping is a better option as the enemy can step cancel their melee and get around your block.

MechaX

Blocking melee usually sets me up in a worse position mostly because it seems like the push-back for the attacker isn't all that substantial and I really can't counter with too much outside of blocking again. Most times, attackers will just melee again unless the defender has absurdly fast melee or an aoe like The O's pressure.

I usually just step-cancel or boost dash. Blocking worked pretty well for me when I saved enough boost to block on landing when an opponent is obviously waiting to punish a landing (think Dynames or DX Sat Cannon shenanigans).

Shouta

Yeah, blocking isn't really meant as a main form of defense. It's mostly as a last ditch effort or against certain projectile situations.

Beckx

Thanks all, I will stop worrying too much about it for melee and focus on trying to step cancel around them when they come in. I need to incorporate more boost dashing into my game too.

Shouta

Yeah. Focus on keeping them out with your movement and attacks rather than just straight defending them. It'll never be an issue if they aren't in range or they're out of angle.

Jubern

lol

Also, this just in: X3 won the poll against Gerbera Tetra, it will be the next unit unlock. GB will have to wait one more month.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Will laugh if GT loses the next two polls and it ends up becoming top tier and frequently used like MK II

Jubern

They're saying that Gerbera Tetra will be released after "some time". If it had to enter another poll I'm sure they would outright say it. I think they want to avoid Mark-II redux lol

It lost, what? Two times? Three times?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm okay with bones as long as they're full bones.

WHERE IS FULL BONES SCAMCO?

Jubern

I had a great idea for a more interesting Crossbone addition but it doesn't look like the devs read NeoGAF :(

X1 "Skull Heart"
1000 or 2000
Gimped version of X1 kai with monkey, Judau and B Gundam (spindashing the whole time) assists.

Imagine the meltdowns.

JKTrix

Leave Seabook Alone :(

EXVS is going to be my first Platinum. I have 2/3rd of the suits fully upgraded. The grind continues.

Shouta

Pads for the game are fine. Even easier than stick especially if you're using CSb a lot.

Though, forcing sticks with arcade config for folks that don't normally play it sucks. No elegant solution to it currently for local play unless there are setups specific for pads.

meppi

Or in other words:

iClR7H8noEI6y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom