• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

OrangeOak

so there is no data center selection? I am sure 343i said after the beta that there will be one. It really sucks if true. I remember I had really hard time playing constantly against USA in beta.

Surfheart

The graphics look far nicer than I was led to expect by DF and other comments so thats nice, but there is something off about the gunplay. Halo 3 and destiny gunplay feel very similar to me, they have a feeling of weight and impact. Halo 5 gunplay feels like it lacks that to me. Not sure if it's the 60 FPS that's making me feel that way about it.

Perhaps it's the encounter design. In Halo 3 I felt heroic, charging at the enemy, firing from the hip, finishing with a gun-butt to the face felt really satisfying, I don't get that feeling in this. The enemies seem like they are just standing around in a big kill room waiting for you, they seem to have no purpose in being there.

Dunno, early days yet.

You always are in tier one. also i think its based on KDA, but it may be based on a combination of things like KDA, Win/Loss, and possibly medals and commendations.

my wife doesnt ever play fps games but she can manage halo on easy and has fun. if she gets carried and wins every match and is put into diamond that would suck for her, as everyone would be too difficult.

Natiko

Banned
I read that your placement is based more on your individual stats in those 10 games, then after that the only thing that moves you up/down is winning/losing.

Ah, that would make sense. I got thrown off because in the blog post they put out it states that CSR determines your initial rank then it goes on to say only winning can improve your CSR. I guess they just meant beyond the initial placement.

ironcreed

Banned
Are the looks consistent throughout? Bar the places where the resolution drops.

For this level, absolutely. It is the best I have seen the game look, with the previous mission, 'Reunion' being second best level. It seems to look better and get better in general as I am playing. As some of the earlier levels had some rough spots (visually).

Milennia

Nearly finished with the single player on heroic so far.

It's been pretty easy for being 1 difficulty below legendary to be honest, feels more like a normal mode.

Madness

Yes Digitally, and I am... Wtf, NXOE slows down downloads?

I have quite fast internet so hopefully I should get to play a bit tonight.

No, but there have been issues where the installation will pause, or you have to restart it. Suffice to say, most of the slow speed, download problems have been coming with everyone in the NXOE beta. Yours could be different.

Damn the download/install speeds suck. I put my disc in an hour ago and I'm at 10%. That is way slower than my internet allows for.
It's not even the digital version, all I need is the 9gb update. I've seen people all over the net complaining about it and the only official word I see is Microsoft saying "people were having speed issues before but it's all fixed now."

No, I dont think things are okay. Oh well, I guess its to be expected on launch day for day one updates to be slow. Maybe just release a full finished game next time. Looks like I wont be playing until tomorrow.

Madness

And just like that, my advanced promotional REQ pack shows up in game. I think it was just slow servers since so many are on. Can't wait. I really love this REQ system. They've gotten me hooked. I just know a week from now, I'm going to be spending real cash to buy stuff.

The more I play warzone the more I prefer the assault version, not due to it's speed but because the game feels like big team battle most of the time.

Assault might benefit from having faster req rank earning so we can try out the cooler guns :(

Montresor

Man, when this game looks good, it really looks good. Swords of Sanghelios is breathtaking and is easily one of the best Halo levels ever. How is this for pretty:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

And these do not even do it justice.

B-b-but they sacrificed so much for 60fps! B-b-but if only 343 had better hardware!

I'm sure they made sacrifices and I'm sure XB1's hardware is weak compared to its competiton - this game still looks incredible, and has the advantage of locked 60 FPS.

Frankie, if you can PM me an Xbox One with Halo 5, that would be greeeeaaaattt..

In all seriousness, I need this game. Can't watch streams because I just get too bummed that I can't play haha

Madness

B-b-but they sacrificed so much for 60fps! B-b-but if only 343 had better hardware!

I'm sure they made sacrifices and I'm sure XB1's hardware is weak compared to its competiton - this game still looks incredible, and has the advantage of locked 60 FPS.

The first mission I was just walking around staring at the stuff man. The game looks beautiful and is well done. Maybe I'm just not familiar with what is out, but it's easily one of the best looking shooters I've seen with butter smooth game play. I even found a skull on the first mission just by wanting to climb everywhere and look around.

Just finished the campaign on heroic. I really liked it. I can see hardcore halo lore fans being a bit upset by it but I enjoyed it. Spoiler so don't read if you haven't played it.
The warden can piss off. Especially when there is three of him. It started getting monotonous.

Blueblur1

Man, when this game looks good, it really looks good. Swords of Sanghelios is breathtaking and is easily one of the best Halo levels ever. How is this for pretty:

Screenshot-Original.png

Low-res skybox and pixelated flying objects do not make for a beautiful screenshot, in my opinion.

There are some visual failings in campaign. But MP is where the real low-res textures and ugly art is at.

Mind pm-IMG me your GT and a cellphone pic? Not seeing any reports on this so might be isolated glitch. I will forward to the authorities

Please do. I'm done freaking out now I just want to play.

Lol why did I have to discover a massive bug? I should point out my friends are saying that I still show up as level 10. It might be client side only? They're also saying my service record is different based on who's looking at it.

Cellphone pics not screenshots?

Here I'm level 10 but not qualified in anything despite having been qualified in multiple game types.

http://imgur.com/3VZun2B

Here's a screenshot where I was showing as lvl 1 but had a lvl 10 Req pack (I'm actually lvl 10).

http://imgur.com/PJE7y2Q

Here's 3 different perspectives of my service record. Mine (shows me as never playing) and 2 others (both saw wildly different stats).

http://imgur.com/VvekJ7y
http://imgur.com/hHSJi4K
http://imgur.com/WKVkQTI

My GT is Parenegade M.

And sorry for raging I'm just tired of broken games dude.

pieface

I really do feel like this game needs more maps already which haven't been forged,

It's a shame as I think thats the only thing that lets it down.

It's nice to actually play a game that works out the box, good job on that front 343i

Madness

Low-res skybox and pixelated flying objects do not make for a beautiful screenshot, in my opinion.

There are some visual failings in campaign. But MP is where the real low-res textures and ugly art is at.

But you're pixel peeping a screenshot. There is no way you can notice that in game no? I don't know, I think the game looks excellent.

Nori Chan

Mind pm-IMG me your GT and a cellphone pic? Not seeing any reports on this so might be isolated glitch. I will forward to the authorities

I've also had this happen to me. I hard reseted and it fixed it. It says that profile cannot sync and something about being offline

zma1013

So how is the game functionally compared to the MCC? Good I take it as I haven't seen complaint threads. Does the multiplayer work well?

Adam Blue

I brought my Xbox One and Halo 5 to work to do some multiplayer, and come to find out the game has no split-screen. That's crazy! But if there's no backlash, then I guess that's how it is.

Lingitiz

So how is the game functionally compared to the MCC? Good I take it as I haven't seen complaint threads. Does the multiplayer work well?

Yes although because of the amount of people getting on right now it's a litte spotty. This morning it was fantastic. Fast matchmaking and stable connections.

Madness

Flawless on my end. 24 players, even when we had the vehicles out, grenades flying, the frame rate was rock solid and little to no noticeable lag. Matchmaking was fast too. It will take a week for skill matching and whatnot to settle down as you have millions of new players who need to be ranked and matched.

Whats up with the weight in regards to Maps and Gametypes? Im playing a horrible map like The Rig 4 times in a row and its getting frustrating.

I liked the "no veto" decision before, now i want it back.

ironcreed

Banned
The skybox is still very visible and very unattractive.

Trust me when I tell you that it looks gorgeous in-game. That is why I said that the screens do not do it justice... at all.

Now, I just ran into my first real criticism. Mission 9 and how
I talked to two people and the achievement popped for completing it. It lasted no more than mere seconds.
Kind of odd, coming off the stellar mission 8.

Just finished the campaign on Heroic. I loved it. Obviously I must be a big ol fanboy because I thought it was top notch. Going to be hard to wait for the next one.

Time to dive back into multiplayer.

negitoro7

How do you select your loadout for Warzone? First time playing with the standard assault rifle and pistol and just getting wrecked by battle rifles since the maps are huge.

Top Bottom