• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Killerhertz

Neo Member
Well this sucks. Opened the package and put in the disc in about 3 hours ago, didn't check it cause I was watching my daughter. Guess I'm not playing tonight either lol.

uyebtCA.jpg

I hope that's not the same problem I had months ago where my drive stopped reading blu rays and games. Had to get a new one sent out

angelic

Banned
Can someone help me out with history of Halsey? Why was she locked up prior to Halo 4?

i wish theyd lock her up again, shes literally the root cause of everyones misery, and never stops complaining.

id have been happier if they'd lopped off both arms and both legs like the black knight - feel free to pass that on for the next patch if you read this stinkles. i'll even write the patch note: halsey: 75% more stumped.

Strider

Just realized I had the AR with the energy bayonet attachment :D

Edit: Damn you gotta be level 8 tho. Was expecting like 5 for the AR

Just finished it on Heroic.. Figure it took probably close to 10-12 hours.

So so so good. My only real complaint is that there wasn't more (I always want more).

Love where it takes the Halo lore.

Bring it on!

Ok. I just finished Spartan Ops cutscenes and am still lost . . . Fuck it. Guess I'll just jump back into Halo 5 where I was and enjoy the confusion like everyone else.

shanafan

I got into a Warzone match, but Arena matches are not working.

Also, moment I got into the Warzone, I think I heard every curse word known to man in like 20 seconds. I went into the menu and turned off MP chatter, but I could still hear them :(

Ensoul

Well the multiplayer is just as frustrating as I remember. I lose every one on on battle, I shoot someone 40 times they shoot me 5 times and I die. My team gets annihilated every time. I have been playing for 2 hours and I have won a single match.

Maybe I will like the single player better.

Kalentan

Maybe I read it wrong...

But it said for the 2 Warzone packs I got from the LE that they contain 3 permanent unlocks and some legendaries... I got 1 permanent unlocks and uncommons and rares for both packs.

Also my Nightfall stuff is only appearing on the website and not in game... wtf...

schlew

I saw some brief talk about it last page, but didn't see any concrete solutions. I redeemed my EB Games REQ pack code, was accepted, but I don't see any REQ packs to open. What should I do?

matthieuC

Ok guys any advice: I got the disc version of the game because I'm in a dorm and downloading huge amounts of stuff sucks. So I get to the 9 GB update, everything going good until 56% of the patch installed. Installation Stopped. Nothing works. Hard reset, offline, online, restarted the download and everything. I called campus IT, and they are aware of a problem where the network messes up past a certain data usage and screws up xbox downloads. He did not have an ETA on a fix.

What do I do guys?

Madness

I saw some brief talk about it last page, but didn't see any concrete solutions. I redeemed my EB Games REQ pack code, was accepted, but I don't see any REQ packs to open. What should I do?

Mine took a bit too. What you can try and do is go to my games and apps, manage game, go to the advanced promotional REQ, uninstall it, and it'll go to the side. Then turn off the Xbox. Turn Xbox on, go to manage game, go to where the advanced promotional REQ is off to the side, and view details or in store, and click install again. Once it downloads, launch the game and see if it's there. If not, it could simply be server delay because it's launch. Mine just came a little while ago despite redeeming a few hours back.

Navy Bean

Just finished the download and it says servers won't synch and Req page won't load. Basically, can't do anything online. Anyone else having issues?

BraXzy

Whats up with the weight in regards to Maps and Gametypes? Im playing a horrible map like The Rig 4 times in a row and its getting frustrating.

I liked the "no veto" decision before, now i want it back.

The weighting is really odd. Got Pegasus multiple times in a row in SWAT. Really dislike that map and its spawns.

Barely played on Eden or whatever that was in the beta. Almost every time it is on Strongholds.

NYR

The install time on this game is simply inexcusable. Shameful, really. Sitting here waiting 3 hours now.

schlew

Mine took a bit too. What you can try and do is go to my games and apps, manage game, go to the advanced promotional REQ, uninstall it, and it'll go to the side. Then turn off the Xbox. Turn Xbox on, go to manage game, go to where the advanced promotional REQ is off to the side, and view details or in store, and click install again. Once it downloads, launch the game and see if it's there. If not, it could simply be server delay because it's launch. Mine just came a little while ago despite redeeming a few hours back.

Awesome, super good answer! Thanks.

It seems like other people are having problems with disc install as well. Stops at 4%.

I was part of the beta and a non-public beta but that is no longer installed. This wouldn't affect it, would it?

343, can we get better control configurability, like an option for always sprint at max or near max analog stick tilt, or with a delayed option ala Titanfall?

Kalentan

Wait... Is there no button option for something akin to CoD? It was called Fish something in the previous games. Why did they remove it? I've never been a fan of having to use an analog stick to aim down sights.

Vinc

A weird thing happened for me too. I put the disc in my console and left it to install for about an hour, then when I came back to it it wasn't recognized and just said "install disc", but clicking that started the install. I never had to do that before, putting the disc in just used to start the install and would certainly recognize the game.

DirtyLarry

So tempted to check it out but I am waiting for my Elite Controller which should be here tomorrow. Might as well do it right. And of course my wife is under the weather and went to bed already making it WAY harder not to check out, but I must resist.

Vinland

Banned
Just did the first two missions. Now on
Meridian
and the combat is spectacular. 60 frames of creamy Halo goodness, holy crap the combat is great. It's not the best looking game but it works with the art direction and still stands strong IMO.

Not regretting it one bit.

Top Bottom