• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:CE Anniversary Announced (MS Conf, Nov 15th 2011, $40)

FyreWulff

MrBig said:
:lol don't even joke about that contracted shit that doesn't have an ounce of respect from the community.

The support for it sucks, but it still plays exactly like Halo 2 Xbox did, if people are just looking for the gameplay.

Of course, have fun finding any server not running Snipers Foundation.

FyreWulff

Emperor Bohe said:
I actually own Halo 2 Vista....but everyone that plays the game plays some stupid ass modded gametype. Halo 2 is one of the games that matchmaking works better in. I wanna play some real matches, not some stupid ass infinite ammo scarab gun deathmatch

if everyone would start playing some normal matches, then I would love the game.

Yeah, that is a problem.

If you want to play normal Halo 2 Vista I'm always up for it.

FyreWulff

Woorloog said:
People here have it? Maybe i should reinstall it...

There was a sizeable
achievement boosting
HBO/GAF party for a couple nights a while ago. I think you could at least get 4v4 going.

I actually wanted to rent a server, but holy crap H2V servers are expensive for whoever runs them still.

Woorloog

Banned
Should probably talk about this in HaloGAF thread?
I wonder where the DVD case is...
BTW, do people use controller or KB/M mostly? I heard controller toggles aim assist on and is too good.

wwm0nkey

Woorloog said:
BTW, do people use controller or KB/M mostly? I heard controller toggles aim assist on and is too good.
You should ONLY play Halo 2 Vista with a controller, KB+M sucks on H2V

Woorloog

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
You should ONLY play Halo 2 Vista with a controller, KB+M sucks on H2V
Then i might as well not install it. I do remember KB/M being a bit awkward... But i don't exactly have alteratives. As i have no use for a controller otherwise, i don't intend get one either.

FyreWulff

Woorloog said:

It's weird but Halo 2 Vista plays better on the controller, and it's not due to aim assist. I can't quite place it. And this is just from playing campaign. Mostly comes into play in CQB situations, it's not as.. smooth?

The aim assist does not give you a noticeable advantage in multiplayer.

You'll be fine with KBAM in multi though.

edit: beat by wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey said:
Head long made all one sided objectives shine.

Due to the Halo 2 contesting system matches could potentially last up to an hour lol

Absolutely. The varied points of entry into the base were all stellar and a well coordinated attack or defense was so fucking satisfying. I haven't felt that way playing a multiplayer matchmaking game since Halo 2.

someone should make a "GAFplaysHalo2" gamertag or something and add everyone who owns the game as a friend. that way we can see when others are online playing the game

watership

Suerlink said:
I watched some videos on Halo Waypoint (yes, i know its a pointless service) and noticed a few things with the Halo:CE Anniversary Vids. The Master Chief model? The Assault Rifle model must have undergone a Geometrically challenged class or something
halo_092503_015_640w.jpg

This is the original Assault rifle...
AND
(just find a new vid on youtube for the "classic version" in the Upcoming Anniversary Edition)
The look? Yeah I saw that too. That gun wasn't originally THAT FAT!

Now the MC Model? We all know it looks disgusting compared to the Xbox original model.

now, WHY THE HELL CANT I PLAY CLASSIC HALO 1 Multiplayer ONLINE?!?!?!?

Finally, 343 just sucks when it comes to Halo, Little Effort and short time table to milk the Cash cow IMO.

Now,The original game did not look NEARLY as bad as the new Anniversary Edition.
They are bringing shame in the name of anyone hear: (alpha version)? of the game?

Anyone else feel this way?

This is the worst post I have read, on the internet, all year.

RBH

Amazon is now offering a $10 credit with the game:

Pre-order Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads) as well as Master Chief Avatar Armor and the Grunt Funeral Skull (once activated, every grunt's methane tank will explode like a plasma grenade when killed). The promotional code for the credit will be e-mailed within two days after the product ships. The access code for the armor and skull will be packaged inside the game box. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050SYY5E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Booshka said:
Looks good.

Terminal Spoilers btw, if any of you are trying to avoid them don't watch the last minute of this video.
Dammit every time someone talks about the terminals I first think we're getting a Terminal Halo 2 map remake.

It looks pretty but what is the deal with making previously dark and unnerving areas bright as fuck in this remake? Part of HALO's mood were the dark corners and not quite knowing what lurks beyond.

Will be interesting to see how the level Keyes looks.

Havok

Hey You said:
I wish. Doesn't it take like a year for MS games to go on GoD?
Reach went up on March 15, so six months seems to be the norm now. I wouldn't be surprised if it went up faster because of its budget price point.

GhaleonEB

Scullibundo said:
It looks pretty but what is the deal with making previously dark and unnerving areas bright as fuck in this remake? Part of HALO's mood were the dark corners and not quite knowing what lurks beyond.

Will be interesting to see how the level Keyes looks.
I'm hoping they really re-do the art on Two Betrayals, to differentiate it from Assault on the Control room. Bungie wanted to really show the effects of a Flood outbreak, but ran out of time. It's a chance to really reimagine the art in a way that helps the story.

jackdoe

All the redone sounds are great, except for the plasma grenade. I liked that the old plasma grenade explosion sounded quieter than the frag grenade.

Also, that clipping with the shotgun animation. Eww.

Timan

Developer
Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the crosshair appears to be in the middle of the screen. This a first for a halo game?

Havok

Timan said:
Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the crosshair appears to be in the middle of the screen. This a first for a halo game?
CE always had a centered reticule, it was lowered in subsequent games so that projectiles spawned out of the gun, not the center of the player model's head.

Timan said:
Far from it, in fact the first Halo game always had a middle crosshair. It wasn't until 2 onward that they decide to be a unique little flower and fuck up my own orientation.

Timan

Developer
Ah, I just remember getting pissed in halo 2 onward about it not being in the center lol, drove me mad.

Top Bottom