• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:CE Anniversary Announced (MS Conf, Nov 15th 2011, $40)

GhaleonEB

Vinterbird said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but there will be a new Halo CE related announcement coming this week.
The CEA panel at PAX is at 10:00 am on Friday. There's also a Multiplayer focused panel. I'd wager any announcements would stem from or otherwise be timed for those panels.

GhaleonEB said:
The CEA panel at PAX is at 10:00 am on Friday. There's also a Multiplayer focused panel. I'd wager any announcements would stem from or otherwise be timed for those panels.

It's not a multiplayer based announcement, so it will be the other one. I just hope 343i puts the right spin on it, otherwise people are going to throw a hissy fit.

Vinterbird said:
It's not a multiplayer based announcement, so it will be the other one. I just hope 343i puts the right spin on it, otherwise people are going to throw a hissy fit.
The kinect features? We've yet to hear what they're going to be.

Kibbles

Buckethead said:
Microsoft Might “Not Have A Choice” But to Remake Halo 2 in HD

I would LOVE it if they remade Halo 2 as well.
Flawed but under-appreciated game.

Sorry if old.
Since they took off the online on Halo 2 Xbox, they do have no choice.
LLShC.gif

Zeouterlimits said:
The kinect features? We've yet to hear what they're going to be.

I think they will be shown ther,e but what they demoed to me was not that, but something new for C.E, which I found terribly exciting, especially for what it will mean for the future of the series and MS in general.

MrBig

Vinterbird said:
I think they will be shown ther,e but what they demoed to me was not that, but something new for C.E, which I found terribly exciting, especially for what it will mean for the future of the series and MS in general.
It's likely to be for menu and terminal navigation. Confirmed to not have a part in gameplay by Frankie in a post of GAF.

GhaleonEB

Vinterbird said:
If you want to just up and violate your NDA/break embargo, go for it. Otherwise I'm not sure what good all the hinting is doing. We'll find out on Friday as planned.

I'm assuming it's the Kinect integration you are referring to, likely confined to the terminals.

TheOddOne

Vinterbird said:
So you only heard about the feature?

GhaleonEB said:
If you want to just up and violate your NDA/break embargo, go for it. Otherwise I'm not sure what good all the hinting is doing. We'll find out on Friday as planned.

I'm assuming it's the Kinect integration you are referring to, likely confined to the terminals.

Yeah, sorry about that. Just wanted to say that there will be something else apart from the Kinect stuff announces, so there's more then expected to look forward to.

Kibbles

Vinterbird said:
Yeah, sorry about that. Just wanted to say that there will be something else apart from the Kinect stuff announces, so there's more then expected to look forward to.
Good to hear. I'm intrigued.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
As we draw near to PAX I would ask again, if any kind soul going to PAX and Halo Fest could grab me a bit of swag as I do not have the funds to make it out this year I would pay shipping and be forever grateful. :p

I'll miss the second annual NeoGaf HaloGaf breakfast, it was fun meeting you all last year and heading to the panel to wait in line for like an hour. (Devin and Ghaleon specifically). :)

[Nintex]

Vinterbird said:
Are they going to add Bears or does it come with a Perfect Dark 2 demo?

Striker

Satchel said:
I'd love a Halo 2 remake as well.

Simply can't get enough Halo
Would get heavy boners. But this would only work if they allowed another output for the MP. If there's no MP, there's no reason to release it.

PooBone

Striker said:
Would get heavy boners. But this would only work if they allowed another output for the MP. If there's no MP, there's no reason to release it.
Since it was built with online MP in mind, I'm sure a little tweaking would get that code up and running on 360s.

I just wanna be able to play the game's campaign without that GODDAMN GHOSTING issue.

Just a simple HD remaster of Halo 2 with mp would be fine. Release it on Live and be done with it. But I guess you would have that, 3, and then Reach, community split up big time.

Ulchie

Banned
This title isn't noteworthy thanks to a lack of Halo : CE online play. I find it hilarious that developers are releasing HD remakes of titles that aren't even truly HD. Pathetic systems. Release new ones please.

Nutter

Izayoi said:
The best part is going to be when they remake Halo 2 and then exclude the original multiplayer.
Though Halo 2 was awesome, they should be focusing on making the MP of Halo 4 equal or better than 2. AND if they succeed in doing so.. we do not need Halo 2 MP. Give us some Halo 2 Map Remakes. This is different than Reach compared to Halo 1.. Reach MP sucks which is why they are going out of their way to give the community its Classic++ gametypes.

Izayoi

Banned
Nutter said:
Though Halo 2 was awesome, they should be focusing on making the MP of Halo 4 equal or better than 2.
You know that's not going to happen, though. If they couldn't even get Halo 1's multiplayer to work right, chances are 4's multiplayer will be worse than Reach's.

Sai-kun

Banned
Izayoi said:
You know that's not going to happen, though. If they couldn't even get Halo 1's multiplayer to work right, chances are 4's multiplayer will be worse than Reach's.

You really think they aren't shipping H1 MP because they couldn't get it to work right? Jesus, dude, come on. It's pretty obvious (and they've said so multiple times) that they aren't including H1 MP because they don't want to split the player base between H1 and Reach.

343 hasn't even shipped a game yet and you're damning them. We've seen all of nothing in regards to Halo 4. You gotta beli343.

TUROK

Ulchie said:
This title isn't noteworthy thanks to a lack of Halo : CE online play. I find it hilarious that developers are releasing HD remakes of titles that aren't even truly HD. Pathetic systems. Release new ones please.
Massively stupid reasoning. The polygon counts, pixel shaders, shadows, lighting, and particles have all received a massive overhaul, yet your're throwing a fit about a small resolution decrease?

Izayoi

Banned
Sai-kun said:
It's pretty obvious (and they've said so multiple times) that they aren't including H1 MP because they don't want to split the player base between H1 and Reach.
And in doing so willingly refused to make current the best multiplayer in the entire series. Huge slap in the face to all of the original fans.

Sai-kun said:
343 hasn't even shipped a game yet and you're damning them. We've seen all of nothing in regards to Halo 4. You gotta beli343.
Well, going by how they've handled the franchise so far I find it really, really difficult to have any sort of faith in them whatsoever.

TUROK

Izayoi said:
And in doing so willingly refused to make current the best multiplayer in the entire series. Huge slap in the face to all of the original fans.
It would not make any sense whatsoever in remaking Halo 1's MP with Halo 4 coming out next year (with an all new multiplayer component to boot).

Karl2177

Izayoi said:
The best multiplayer is the one that can adapt to any change the player wants. That's what 343i is doing with the TU for Reach. You want to play classic Halo 1 settings? Play the Classic mode when it comes out. Don't be hating before you're given the full picture.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Izayoi said:

Well, going by how they've handled the franchise so far I find it really, really difficult to have any sort of faith in them whatsoever.
I'm an original fan. I've felt no slap in my face. Do you play Reach?

ZZMitch

Izayoi said:

Nostalgia and/or Hyperbole.

Reach's multiplayer is superior to Halo CE's in almost every way, except for maybe maps. But guess what? We are getting those.

Sai-kun

Banned
Izayoi said:

Original fan here, face is in perfect condition.

Booshka

Great, we're back to this argument, you guys should go back a dozen pages to get Izayoi's opinion. I had my own "Halo CE's MP is superior" rants back when we all found out there was no Halo CE MP.

Luckily, a lot of the posters in this thread were original Halo CE fans, that lost interest in Halo after every release was a disappointment in regard to the brilliance of the original game. I've stuck around to play all the Halo games (except for ODST), and I still share their sentiments. I just don't come off as brash or aggressive as some of them, but they are still right in my opinion.

feel

Izayoi said:

They can't just go tossing new Halo online multiplayer games out there at random overlapping each other, the franchise doesn't have a big enough userbase to make worth it the babysitting costs of supporting a new online game post launch, not in the way Halo devs like to take care of their online games post launch. They had to beg Microsoft for CEA, it was either just the campaign, or nothing at all. I'd rather at least play the retouched campaign while I wait for Halo 4. And at least they're going through the trouble of updating Reach to allow for truly classic gameplay (reveal of details on that this upcoming weekend) and giving us new Reach maps that are remakes of classic spaces, so we can tread familiar grounds in those classic playlists.

jackdoe

Letters said:
And at least they're going through the trouble of updating Reach to allow for truly classic gameplay (reveal of details on that this upcoming weekend) and giving us new Reach maps that are remakes of classic spaces, so we can tread familiar grounds in those playlists.
Depends on what they do honestly. I'd be game for a "classic mode" which removes bloom, removes armor abilities, and removes all weapons save for the originals while rebalancing the original weapons back to their former glory.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
ZZMitch said:
Is the full map list known yet?

I really hope Chiron TL-34 is coming back. I loved that map.
While you wait, you can spin around in circles until you vomit. :D

Shadders

jackdoe said:
Depends on what they do honestly. I'd be game for a "classic mode" which removes bloom, removes armor abilities, and removes all weapons save for the originals while rebalancing the original weapons back to their former glory.

Listening to Jaime Greisemer and Frankie in the new 343 podcast they've convinced me that bringing back the old weapon balancing, particularly the pistol, might not be such a good idea.

Shadders said:
Listening to Jaime Greisemer and Frankie in the new 343 podcast they've convinced me that bringing back the old weapon balancing, particularly the pistol, might not be such a good idea.

Hasn't that been the assumption all along ever since they announced that the maps would be for Reach?

Spasm

Shadders said:
They can 'George Lucas' all they want. They'll never convince me that their vision for CE MP is better than what I remember. I will play the ever-loving shit out of whatever MM we get, but I will always pine for a simple HD version of the theatrical release.

KageMaru

Ulchie said:

They could have easily ported the code over, used the same assets, and ran the game at full 720p. However they decided to take the harder route, doing more than any other remake I've seen, and you're still bitching? Besides you probably wouldn't know it was slightly sub-HD if it wasn't for the pixel counters, which showcases how irrelevant that number can be at times.

Top Bottom