• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Gameplay Premiere – 8 Minute Demo

Romulus

Graphics have never mattered for Halo, it's always been about the gameplay, and the gameplay looked like Halo. Certain people just wanted something to bash xbox for, and they got it by pretending that an Xbox One game was meant to be a Series X exclusive showcase game, and that is what kick started all their other conspiracy theories about the Series X being a mess and not working and not being able to play games and is vaporware.

Maybe Halo is much more about gameplay, but when Halo CE launched, it was a technical marvel graphically. And on top of that, it had large scale battles and environments rarely seen in an FPS, all capable of running in splitscreen with a good framerate.

Last edited:

the_master

I wish they would delay it at least 2 years and make sure the game is what it needs to be. Can't wait to play it but I will wait all I need to wait.

I wish they would delay it at least 2 years and make sure the game is what it needs to be. Can't wait to play it but I will wait all I need to wait.

Honestly, my worry was more the fact that the game was coming out in 3 months. In 3 months time, you cant really do anything big in terms of improvements.

But If they take the whole year and a half and launch holiday 2021, they have plenty of time to polish and fix. Im not too worried about it.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
By 2021
  • The Medium
  • Exo One
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Scorn
  • Bright Memory Infinite
  • Shredders
  • Possibly Flight Simulator, Minecraft DXR and Hellblade II
Except for Flight Simulator, none of these are coming to Xbox One and are a graphical showcase of the various capabilities of Xbox Series X.
Only FS and Hellblade 2 will be able to compete with Sony's AAA exclusives.
Sorry, but Bright Memory? Very impressive considering it is not AAA as it was developed by literally one guy (we know how that ends) but come on.
The Medium is probably timed third party exclusive yeah? While also not being that impressive.
All in all that list is awful and it is filled with maybes considering HB2 is far far out.

Wimbledon

cf_jegardomnai_concept-4b4640b55d8c498abd2adb8ef29fec79.jpg

cf_mkvii_conceptart_full_1920-b3646671e6984e96bca81af94bc3e43a.jpg

I like the sanghelli warrior looks cool, 343i have some great concept art i will say their art throughout the years has been amazing.

awesomeeliteart-99cb59ccf29d40e5afbe1b001241a2f3.jpg
iu
iu

iu
iu

I give them a lot of hate but there art and concepts for characters have been amazing its when they try to translate this stuff into the game is where they usually start fucking up.

Because their art tells way more of a story then what they showed.

Also i wonder if 343i has given some thought to adding more aliens. While i do like the concept of the Banished if they want to make the universe of halo just a bit bigger i would add more aliens.

Like maybe outside of UNSC space there are new aliens that were subjugated, splinter groups, enslaved by the covenant, and maybe ATRIOX was that hero for them, I mean his weapon is called chain breaker.

Like instead of just atrioxes name being brought up by brutes his name and renown is popular to these other beings who survived because of him.

EDIT: nevermind 343i does have this the Covenant Fringe a collection of alien species we haven't seen yet.

HN_Axl.jpg
Forgot about theYonhet

Last edited:

Aladin

Bro, there is not even basic light coming off the glittery pew pew lasers. Look at the ground when shots are fired. It’s less then last gen in parts.
Game looked good to me. The gameplay looked solid. I am one of the fans, who is also interested in the storyline, waiting to explore the story and the universe. I will quote few articles including that of Digital Foundry, apparently this game is using costly dynamic lighting. So with more gameplay footage, it will look only better. and with Ray tracing, a lot better.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Only FS and Hellblade 2 will be able to compete with Sony's AAA exclusives.
Sorry, but Bright Memory? Very impressive considering it is not AAA as it was developed by literally one guy (we know how that ends) but come on.
The Medium is probably timed third party exclusive yeah? While also not being that impressive.
All in all that list is awful and it is filled with maybes considering HB2 is far far out.
"Opinions". Except for Hellblade II, the other maybes are definitely come by 2021(its just a maybe because there are no official announcements). You can also add Forza Motorsport to that.

Bar81

Back to posting sound videos instead of updating your audience about the actual development of the game etc

Considering the release is over a year away, what's the point in any development updates. If that's what you want then log back in September/October 2021.

We should just ignore Halo infinite exists until they fix it. There is nothing anyone can say to spin it positive and it's too easy to talk crap about it.
Very true. They should just go dark, work hard at it and reemerge when it's ready to be shown.

When it's ready, I would like to see some parts of this years infamous demo so we can compare and see the progress + some new stuff. Just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Hopefully we get another look at Infinite at The Game Awards. December 10th is 2 months away.

Are you serious? This game should have been scrapped and 343 dissolved. 5 years and half a billion dollars later and this is what you have to show? I don't get why would you even delay it. I think it's pretty obvious 343 had all the time and money in the world and they have proven for the 5th time that they are incompetent and can't deliver.

Phill Spencer didn'thave the guts to do it tho. Can't believe Nintendo did have the guts to scrap Metroid Prime 4 and give it back to Retro and MS didn't do what's necessary.

Andodalf

Banned
Are you serious? This game should have been scrapped and 343 dissolved. 5 years and half a billion dollars later and this is what you have to show? I don't get why would you even delay it. I think it's pretty obvious 343 had all the time and money in the world and they have proven for the 5th time that they are incompetent and can't deliver.

Phill Spencer didn'thave the guts to do it tho. Can't believe Nintendo did have the guts to scrap Metroid Prime 4 and give it back to Retro and MS didn't do what's necessary.

Damn dude, you must've hated your hands on right? I mean, the game must play like shit since you want it cancelled? Shirley you don't think it should be cancelled because a cross gen launch game's demo made in a pandemic looked bad when you took a selective freeze frame, right? Especially when the gameplay itself looked perfectly fine and took some steps in a positive direction.

I'm sorry if I questioned you, you must be busy playing these unreleased games all the times to have such a great knowledge of exactly how good they are!

II_JumPeR_I

Considering the release is over a year away, what's the point in any development updates. If that's what you want then log back in September/October 2021.
We dont know how long the delay is (another communication issue).. it wouldnt hurt to show updated stuff since july... freaking july

We dont know how long the delay is (another communication issue).. it wouldnt hurt to show updated stuff since july... freaking july

Because it's pretty obvious this game is a mess. You actually think something has changed since july? Look at what they did in 5 years, why would you think all the sudden they're gonna fix it in 3 months? lmao.

Damn dude, you must've hated your hands on right? I mean, the game must play like shit since you want it cancelled? Shirley you don't think it should be cancelled because a cross gen launch game's demo made in a pandemic looked bad when you took a selective freeze frame, right? Especially when the gameplay itself looked perfectly fine and took some steps in a positive direction.

I'm sorry if I questioned you, you must be busy playing these unreleased games all the times to have such a great knowledge of exactly how good they are!
A pandemic? Seriously? So they started working in the game this year? No wonder it looks like shit. If only that were true at least 343 would have an excuse for the garbage they showed us. But you have to be a blind fanboy to blame this mess on the pandemic which started in march, 3 to 4 months before they showed us the game, what about the other 4 years?

Gameplay looked the same as every other game, how can you even judge it visually? You expected 343 to show us a video full of bugs or something to dare to call them out?

Andodalf

Banned
A pandemic? Seriously? So they started working in the game this year? No wonder it looks like shit. If only that were true at least 343 would have an excuse for the garbage they showed us. But you have to be a blind fanboy to blame this mess on the pandemic which started in march, 3 to 4 months before they showed us the game, what about the other 4 years?

Gameplay looked the same as every other game, how can you even judge it visually? You expected 343 to show us a video full of bugs or something to dare to call them out?

I guess you’re right, a pandemic only effecting the last 12 months of a games development, the most important part, has no effect at all! And I guess I shouldn’t evaluate the gameplay based off the gameplay we saw, and instead on your imagination, since you feel that what you imagine the game will be like is more important than what we’ve actually seen! Thanks!

Bar81

Because it's pretty obvious this game is a mess. You actually think something has changed since july? Look at what they did in 5 years, why would you think all the sudden they're gonna fix it in 3 months? lmao.

That's kind of what I was thinking but more the latter in that it'll take a lot of focus and effort to fix this in a year given the state of the game at the reveal. So based on that there won't be anything that's going to change people's opinion until just before gold and they have enough to do that they shouldn't be wasting time on useless updates and responding or listening to the bitching that will inevitably result because everyone thinks they're a Halo expert and wants to tell the developers about it.

tbh, I'm not even sure how they're going to fix this by next year and realistically to get this into proper shape they should be delaying this to holiday 2022.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I really want to see an update to this game before the end of the year.

I'm massively impressed with the lighting in new games now and if this game somehow ends up having an excellent lighting system once Ray tracing and whatever else can be updated to this then I think it will be a good enough looking cross generation game.

Any idea or leaks as to what is happening behind the scenes?

Tranquil

The whole game was made in a pandemic?

I get why it's had some hurtles then.

You seem like one of those PS3 fans that shrieked “HALO IS DEAD!!” every chance they could during the 7th generation.

Theres no proof that 343i had a 500mil budget aside from rumors, but if that’s even close to being true, they wouldn’t randomly scrap that investment with nothing to show.

Can’t wait for an official update. I hope they don’t show their work in progress too soon. I wanna see a glimpse of a final product.

Top Bottom