• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite gameplay was running on a PC, not on Series X

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
tenor.gif

Ascend

You mean like..."insane" settings? which are from the PC version. LOL
I wasn't aware Gears 5 had an insane setting. So that's fair enough. Then again, which current PC graphics card runs insane settings at 4K 60fps? Only the 2080Ti. The 2080S doesn't manage that.

9199_502_gears-benchmarked-1080p-1440p-4k-rtx-2080-ti-pushes-60fs.png

So my statements still stand. Unless they were using a 2080Ti, Halo Infinite can look better on the XSX than the demo we were shown. Emphasis on the word CAN. I'm not saying that it WILL.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Banned
If it was indeed running on PC, I can actually forgive the hitching and frame pacing type stutters because that shit can boil down to drivers or custom settings in the video control panel being set wrong.
Also, if it was running on PC, then I don't expect DF to do a framerate analysis video since it doesn't matter..

Senua

Gold Member
I wasn't aware Gears 5 had an insane setting. So that's fair enough. Then again, which current PC graphics card runs insane settings at 4K 60fps? Only the 2080Ti. The 2080S doesn't manage that.

9199_502_gears-benchmarked-1080p-1440p-4k-rtx-2080-ti-pushes-60fs.png

So my statements still stand. Unless they were using a 2080Ti, Halo Infinite can look better on the XSX than the demo we were shown.

Mate by the looks of it I could run Halo Infinite on my old 8800GT

Psykodad

Banned
And i mentioned plenty of PS5 1st party games with no gameplay...DS remaster, Spiderman, HZD2, GT
What XSX gameplay was there?

At least Sony had R&C and GT7 gameplay running on actual PS5.

If MS has Halo gameplay running on PC, it's safe to assume all trailers were in-engine on PC.

Last edited:
The Lap starts at 1:58:

Oh ok, i was wrong on GT. I though the gameplay was shorter than that. So Ratchet and GT got gameplay. Spiderman(launches this holiday), HZD2, and DS remaster didn't get any game play. My point remains. Sony, nor MS showed off much gameplay at their events. Many 3rd party games have not shown gameplay. Covid has no doubt heavily affected development.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
90% of the gamers don't even watch or know about those shows. Microsoft has no chance to get many core gamers not matter how good or bad the show was and the casuals don't give a shit about Halo or other exclusives. They want their BF/COD/FIFA/Fortnite/GTA/RDR/Madden and so on and whoever has the cheapest console at launch gets their money.

Enthusiasm is driven by the people who do. We saw it in 2013. Imagine if the XSX reveal was so amazing that everyone on twitter, YT, Twitch, just couldn't stop talking about how great it was. That would definitely be a big deal and would help MS considerably when they opened up preorders.

You're right about price, but I'm assuming they will be priced the same right now.

Lets look at the big first-party stuff from both sides in terms of what they showed

Halo Infinite - Included Gameplay
Forza - No Gameplay
Avowed - No Gameplay
Fable - No Gameplay
State of Decay 3 - No Gameplay

Sony

Ratchet - Included Gameplay
Spiderman - Included Gameplay
Returnal - Included Gameplay
GT - Included Gameplay
Horizon - No Gameplay
Demon's Souls - No Gameplay

I think its pretty clear

Jtibh

Banned
Here is the problem. Most of COVID-19 related issues started mid March. Schools closed, offices closed... whatever. E3 was cancelled.

But what they showed yesterday was meant for E3. And what they were gonna show at E3 was pretty much set in stone about the time COVID-19 effected working in offices.

So Microsoft saying what they showed was old was always gonna be true. So it is a non factor.

Hope that makes sense GAF
Your name always makes me think of dick cheese

Psykodad

Banned
Oh ok, i was wrong on GT. I though the gameplay was shorter than that. So Ratchet and GT got gameplay. Spiderman(launches this holiday), HZD2, and DS remaster didn't get any game play. My point remains. Sony, nor MS showed off much gameplay at their events. Many 3rd party games have not shown gameplay. Covid has no doubt heavily affected development.
MS didn't show XSX gameplay at all so far.

Mister Wolf

Lets look at the big first-party stuff from both sides in terms of what they showed

Forza - No Gameplay
Avowed - No Gameplay
Fable - No Gameplay

Sony

GT - Included Gameplay
Horizon - No Gameplay

I think its pretty clear

If you counting Spiderman as "gameplay" then you best include The Medium on your list.

turtlepowa

Banned
Enthusiasm is driven by the people who do. We saw it in 2013. Imagine if the XSX reveal was so amazing that everyone on twitter, YT, Twitch, just couldn't stop talking about how great it was. That would definitely be a big deal and would help MS considerably when they opened up preorders.

You're right about price, but I'm assuming they will be priced the same right now.
Only casual gamers care about stuff like this. How many console gamers do we have with Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft combined? How many likes, views etc. do the shows/Twitter/youtube etc. have? I bet not even 10% of the console gamers.
The price will depend on the existence of a Lockhart and how much Sony is willing to make the Digital Edition cheaper.

Tqaulity

Forza - No Gameplay
Avowed - No Gameplay
Fable - No Gameplay

Sony

GT - Included Gameplay
Horizon - No Gameplay

I think its pretty clear
You forgot Sackboy and Astrobot which both also showed sizable gameplay from Sony's first party. Not to mention the gameplay segments from 3rd party games at Sony's event like Deathloop, Resident Evil 8, and Ghostwire Tokyo among others. I don't know why people are acting like Sony didn't show much gameplay.

More than half of their conference was gameplay! In contrast, Xbox showed almost no gameplay despite coming in a month later. The gap is definitely real!

bargeparty

Forza - No Gameplay
Avowed - No Gameplay
Fable - No Gameplay

Sony

GT - Included Gameplay
Horizon - No Gameplay

I think its pretty clear

Horizon definitely included shots of the game actually running albeit not a "gameplay demo"

THIS ARGUMENT IS ONLY VALID IF THE GAME LOOKS BETTER THAN PREVIOUS ENTRIES AND/OR GAMEPLAY OR COMES FROM UBISOFT. We can't reverse it or it goes against everything up until this very point.

Bro, u can't just not call that gameplay and yet call the Spiderman Cinematic footage gameplay. Neither showed hardly any gameplay footage. Theres nothing else to discuss here.

Yes I can lmao.

There were obvious gameplay snippets in the spiderman trailer. If you played the original you'd know how that game looks as you play it. I agree there wasn't actually much.

Avowed showed a character drawing his sword and wielding magic with animations that will obviously not occur during gameplay. It was scripted. There was no gameplay in that what so ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom