• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Banned
i haven't noticed anything wonky with the controls. Feels great. Even on my busted ass elite controller. I mean its no TitanFall 2. But it feels like Halo

it feels like ass after playing any other high profile shooter like CoD, Apex, Titanfall, Fortnite, Splitgate, Battlefield, Warframe... fucking H1Z1 on PS4...

it legit feels worse than some PS2 shooters.

but I mean why am I even talking, we have people on here who think Deathloop plays just fine on PS5, so... I mean...

Last edited:

Banned
Anyone else can hear the Series X fan with this?

First time I can hear it.

not really no... I mean not more than usual. I have it on its side which makes it run slightly hotter so I hear the fan if the room is completely quiet, but it's not worse in Halo

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Wow. This thread got even more negative while I was at work.

Just went 4-0 in ranked arena after a long day and had a blast. 27 and 4 in the one slayer I rolled.

It's funny how the community lost its shit when they introduced loadouts and tried to CODify Halo 4, and now people are going ape shit over the game feeling like a retro shooter. I feel bad for 343 in that regard.

Good times so far though here. Looking forward to the campaign

chixdiggit

yeah that is great advice... especially in a game where the aim assist is so OP that not playing on controller on the mixed playlists (which is every playlist except for the ranked Mouse & Keyboard one) is basically like having handicap settings turned on in Smash Bros.

a better fix would of course be if they had controller aiming that isn't stuck in 2001... but apparently noone at 343i plays first person shooters... so that won't happen anytime soon
I don't understand this whole controller is OP nonsense. I play M/KB on mixed play lists and have been doing just great.
Sounds like you just need a bit of practice.

kingfey

Banned
Game is lagging for me for some reason. I was getting short lag, and Aiming was hard. even when the opponent is Infront of me, I can shoot at him very well. Will wait, until its out of beta.

twilo99

How do I fix this? Everyone is muted and I can't unmute..

yaY3PGF.jpg

Banned
Game is lagging for me for some reason. I was getting short lag, and Aiming was hard. even when the opponent is Infront of me, I can shoot at him very well. Will wait, until its out of beta.

nothing will change when it's out of beta. this is not really a beta, it's an early release. this is as much a beta as Fortnite was a beta in its 10th Battlepass season, meaning by name only

Banned

yaY3PGF.jpg

I don't think they are muted, that shows up simply when you don't have a mic. I have these also on every player because almost noone uses a mic.
I had a single person so far with a mic in a match who then had the uncrossed-out speaker symbol next to him

kingfey

Banned
nothing will change when it's out of beta. this is not really a beta, it's an early release. this is as much a beta as Fortnite was a beta in its 10th Battlepass season, meaning by name only
:messenger_expressionless:
Do I have to play in that state? I dont know if I can play more matches, when the screen is shitting on me.

Banned
:messenger_expressionless:
Do I have to play in that state? I dont know if I can play more matches, when the screen is shitting on me.

I am just saying, don't expect much... people gave them a shitload of feedback in the test flights 2 months ago and almost non of it was adressed. controller still feels like shit, the progression is just as slow as in the flight, the customization is horrible, the animations are still kinda fucked and run at 30fps at times...

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Wow. This thread got even more negative while I was at work.

Just went 4-0 in ranked arena after a long day and had a blast. 27 and 4 in the one slayer I rolled.

It's funny how the community lost its shit when they introduced loadouts and tried to CODify Halo 4, and now people are going ape shit over the game feeling like a retro shooter. I feel bad for 343 in that regard.

Good times so far though here. Looking forward to the campaign
They've been damned if they do, damned if they don't ever since they took over. The most vocal and aggressive group are the "classic halo" people that just want halo 3 re-released over and over and over and over with no changes..........but also would complain if there were no changes.

Infinite is a great middle ground between Halo 3 and Halo 5 IMO. My hope is that it'll ween the "classic halo" diehards into the current decade of gameplay so they can add things like thrusters back in to the default movement eventually.

kingfey

Banned
I am just saying, don't expect much... people gave them a shitload of feedback in the test flights 2 months ago and almost non of it was adressed. controller still feels like shit, the progression is just as slow as in the flight, the customization is horrible, the animations are still kinda fucked and run at 30fps at times...
Mine is on pc. I hate playing shooter games on console, since the aim is shit, and doesnt feel that much natural, due to aim assist.

You are correct on your points. Game feels like less optimized for pc people.

Banned
They've been damned if they do, damned if they don't ever since they took over. The most vocal and aggressive group are the "classic halo" people that just want halo 3 re-released over and over and over and over with no changes..........but also would complain if there were no changes.

Infinite is a great middle ground between Halo 3 and Halo 5 IMO. My hope is that it'll ween the "classic halo" diehards into the current decade of gameplay so they can add things like thrusters back in to the default movement eventually.

all they have to do is release a game that feels like a completed product and feels like Halo...

Halo 4 felt somewhat complete but was basically CoD SciFi edition
Halo 5 felt both incomplete and not like Halo whatsoever
both H4 and 5 had the most dogshit artstyle ever as well

infinite feels like halo, looks like halo... but is in such an unfinished and fucked up state that it's actually shameful. Campaign launches without Coop, Multiplayer launches with at least 80% of game modes missing, no forge, less custom game options than Halo 3, unbelievably bad character customization, the worst battlepass in gaming history, and less maps than any Bungie Halo

this is not even remotely a "They've been damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation... they made a great alpha test of a Halo game and released it as a finished product while seemingly having missed the last 10 years of development in terms of free 2 play monetization and shooter controls on console.

if Halo Infinite launched with Coop, good maps in terms of design and amount, customization that is AT LEAST on the level of Halo Reach... hell even Halo 5... and forge + custom game settings on the level of old Halo games, EVERYTHING would be fine... but they didn't... they delayed the game for 12 months and still release unfinished and with features missing or in a state that are just beyond shit.

this has NOTHING to do with "The most vocal and aggressive group are the "classic halo" people", Halo 5 players also complain just as much about this game for the exact same reasons.
the game feels unfinished and lags behind industry leading games and in many ways even behind Indy titles like Splitgate. This has nothing to do with if the game is classic halo or modern Halo 5 style halo... this is all about a game that feels extremely broken.

the core gameplay and systems are in place and are great. EVERYTHING surrounding that core gameplay however is broken, unfinished and/or outdated

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Plenty of games have a overall ranking no matter what you play
And why do you feel like you need one? What difference does it make?

I feel like you must not even have the game. The whole point of the battle pass is to level up and unlock things as you go.......that's literally how it works.

all they have to do is release a game that feels like a completed product and feels like Halo...

Halo 4 felt somewhat complete but was basically CoD SciFi edition
Halo 5 felt both incomplete and not like Halo whatsoever
both H4 and 5 had the most dogshit artstyle ever as well

infinite feels like halo, looks like halo... but is in such an unfinished and fucked up state that it's actually shameful. Campaign launches without Coop, Multiplayer launches with at least 80% of game modes missing, no forge, less custom game options than Halo 3, unbelievably bad character customization, the worst battlepass in gaming history, and less maps than any Bungie Halo

this is not even remotely a "They've been damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation... they made a great alpha test of a Halo game and released it as a finished product while seemingly having missed the last 10 years of development in terms of free 2 play monetization and shooter controls on console.

if Halo Infinite launched with Coop, good maps in terms of design and amount, customization that is AT LEAST on the level of Halo Reach... hell even Halo 5... and forge + custom game settings on the level of old Halo games, EVERYTHING would be fine... but they didn't... they delayed the game for 12 months and still release unfinished and with features missing or in a state that are just beyond shit.

this has NOTHING to do with "The most vocal and aggressive group are the "classic halo" people", Halo 5 players also complain just as much about this game for the exact same reasons.
the game feels unfinished and lags behind industry leading games and in many ways even behind Indy titles like Splitgate. This has nothing to do with if the game is classic halo or modern Halo 5 style halo... this is all about a game that feels extremely broken.

the core gameplay and systems are in place and are great. EVERYTHING surrounding that core gameplay however is broken, unfinished and/or outdated
Infinite is going to get much, much bigger than it is now. What would you rather, they delay the game another 6 months just so they can launch in a "complete state (according to 01011001)"? How does that help anyone? If you don't like it, don't play it until it has the content that you want. The rest of us who will appreciate what is there and play it will continue having a great old time playing it while you sit there and cry that you're not being listened to by the developers.

Last edited:
as someone that has barely played Halo in over decade, i wasn't even aware that Halo had co-op. And i've heard of Forge. I know it exists. But i couldn't tell u what it is

and the battlepass isn't bad at all. Infact its one of the better battlepasses. Certainly better than Apex Legends that gives u maybe 1 decent skin. And 2 good weapon skins at the very end. With a bunch of junk in-between. Better than Destiny 2. Which just hands u an exotic weapon that u don't even have to earn. U get 1 or 2 weapon skins. Than a bunch of useless boosters until u finally unlock 1 armor ornament set.
as much hate as Avengers gets i actually enjoy the several skins and emotes they give u for its version of battlepass.

Fortnites is decent sometimes. If the battlepass is tied to a theme. But YMMV on whether or not u like their "original creations" which most of the time i don't

The Halo battlepass has something i want like every other level. Which is good

Last edited:

Banned
Infinite is going to get much, much bigger than it is now. What would you rather, they delay the game another 6 months just so they can launch in a "complete state (according to 01011001)"? How does that help anyone? If you don't like it, don't play it until it has the content that you want. The rest of us who will appreciate what is there and play it will continue having a great old time playing it while you sit there and cry that you're not being listened to by the developers.

the game will literally not be complete in 6 months... Forge is not launching until July I think.

I expect a finished game after 5 years of development and 12 months of delay...

I expect a game that has at least the amount of content as Halo reach had 11 years ago.

I expect a game that is not a step back in terms of controls, game modes, custom lobby settings and customization to even HALO FUCKING 3

I expect that in 6 years they can do ONCE what Bungie did TWICE in the same time-span

I expect that they don't release bullshit placebo patches like this one
8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

and then think that people will fall for their dogshit

I expect them to not sell a fucking color for 5€ when in the past you could recolor your Spartan for free and without unlocking anything (you can't even use said color on every piece of armor... I AM SADLY NOT KIDDING)

I expect their monetization to not be the fucking worst thing I've ever witnessed

I expect a Halo campaign that launches with coop

maybe I expect too much from 343 Industries... I expect them to reach a level of competency that Bungie had 11years ago at 1/10 of the budget and half the development time

Last edited:

IDappa

I didn't argue for that, I argued against his comparison with Reach, which was stupid to say the least. reach was a full price game that included hundreds of pieces of customization, a fully functioning Forge that was revolutionary at the time, a fully kitted custom game editor, a full campaign and about 10x the amount of modes and more maps on top of that...

Infinite is full price for the Campaign alone, and the free 2 play multiplayer has barely any content with vital parts launching half a year after the launch of the game

yet another shitshow produced by the most incompetent idiot developers at 343i... the only reason they get any praise for infinite is because the artstyle isn't garbage tier anymore and the game actually somewhat feels like a Halo game, which was not the case with their other titles.
that doesn't change the fact tho that the game ONCE AGAIN releases in an unfinished state and misses core modes and features of the Bungie games
So in other word you were agreeing with me?. Because I brought up reach because that Claus guy was comparing halo reach a $100 game to infinite multi which is free. So Forge and the game editor has already been confirmed to be coming in the coming months I would say free with the multi but I'm unsure of that (pretty sure this is the case), however I do know that multiple game modes and content drops will be coming once again for FREEEE. So once again how is this predatory?.

Now if you want to say Halo campaign is not worth the $100 compared to reach I'd probably agree, then again we don't know much about it.

BigBooper

Hopefully Halo's campaign takes inspiration from Witcher 3 and is 100 hours long and you go around helping people clear covenant out of their barns and stuff.

i had tried Halo 5 multiplayer years ago and didn't like it. So i just thought id hop into it and see how it feels after enjoying Infinite so much.
Welp....halo 5 still sucks. It just doesn't feel good. Doesn't feel like Halo. And Infinite sooo feels like Halo

Last edited:

IDappa

Reach was $60 and had 10x the content
Infinite is $60 and has no multiplayer

Multiplayer is its own thing and has less content and a worse battle pass than this game made by 12 people:
OIP.xxHVVXBiyrV5yDgARU9VVAHaEK

in said game you can literally unlock the battlepass for free by simply playing the game (I played the game for ~9 weeks and got it free...)
after getting the battle pass you unlock in game currency, which is enough to buy the next one whenever it will release

now compare that to Infinite...
Yeag I aged splitgate for a few weeks, was a fun while I played it but I eventually fell off. Didn't look into much of the BP stuff as it didn't really interest me. I will add splitgate was out in early access since in 2019 so a full 2 years before it became the product you played.

I'll say am I happy with inifimites BP no I think it's piss poor and that there's to much filler in there and I think they need to improve upon it. But I'm not gonna be mad at them for not giving me the BP for free like some.

MadPanda

Banned
$10 for a never expiring battle pass is stingy?? You can earn that in rewards points in a month or less by just searching on Bing

I can't use Microsoft Rewards. Heck, even store and consoles are not actually supported in my country but they allow it.

Leyasu

Banned
Anyone else can hear the Series X fan with this?

First time I can hear it.

Nope, not a peep

yaY3PGF.jpg

Go into the audio menu and check that the box for in game chat has been ticked.

Just play this in the background instead, I swear it's just like old times...

lol look at you yearning for that old skool feel

the game will literally not be complete in 6 months... Forge is not launching until July I think.

I expect a game that has at least the amount of content as Halo reach had 11 years ago.

I expect a game that is not a step back in terms of controls, game modes, custom lobby settings and customization to even HALO FUCKING 3

I expect that in 6 years they can do ONCE what Bungie did TWICE in the same time-span

8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

I expect them to not sell a fucking color for 5€ when in the past you could recolor your Spartan for free and without unlocking anything (you can't even use said color on every piece of armor... I AM SADLY NOT KIDDING)

I expect their monetization to not be the fucking worst thing I've ever witnessed

maybe I expect too much from 343 Industries... I expect them to reach a level of competency that Bungie had 11years ago at 1/10 of the budget and half the development time

I don't think that they wanted the bad press or to do it like this. I think that they don't have a choice at the moment because the team that will be creating content for season pass are not yet dedicated to that task. They don't want people blowing through the season when they don't know how long it will take for the next one to be ready. The six month length displayed should be enough of a giveaway to people that they are again woefully behind schedule. Once they finally get things set up, it will be "oh we have heard the feedback and will now be going back to the same system in MCC". There is no way that it is this shit by design.

Basically, just another example of 343s piss poor project management.

On a good note though, I managed to get at least 4hrs in split between the afternoon and the evening yesterday. I didn't play one game that was hosted outside of the EU. Every single match was in my region. Perhaps they are listening? How has it been for everyone else outside of NA?

G-DannY

8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

bro, take it easy, relax and go for a walk in the park. you're really trying too hard

don't play it if you don't like it

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the complete absence of currency return in the Battle Pass. In your standard Battle Pass, such as the ones found in Fortnite, Rogue Company, Call of Duty, and even the individual character Battle Passes in Avengers, completing it will net you a return of the in-game currency you spent plus a little extra. With that plus there being an overabundance of Challenge Swaps, the current Battle Pass kind of comes off like it was curated by someone that only heard of a broad definition of what a Battle Pass entails and then completely missed the mark.

BigBooper

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the complete absence of currency return in the Battle Pass. In your standard Battle Pass, such as the ones found in Fortnite, Rogue Company, Call of Duty, and even the individual character Battle Passes in Avengers, completing it will net you a return of the in-game currency you spent plus a little extra. With that plus there being an overabundance of Challenge Swaps, the current Battle Pass kind of comes off like it was curated by someone that only heard of a broad definition of what a Battle Pass entails and then completely missed the mark.
The battlepasses don't expire in this. If they gave you your money back, you'd only ever buy one.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The battlepasses don't expire in this. If they gave you your money back, you'd only ever buy one.
Same thing can be said about the Battle Pass examples I mentioned. Yes they expire, but you have plenty of time to complete them and even before you've reached the max level you'll get enough in game currency to buy the next one should you choose to do so.

sendit

8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

You make a very compelling argument. 6 Years and all we got is a beta. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I changed my controls and sensitivity around a bit, as well as expanding the field of view...and I started doing MUCH better. I highly prefer team games of 4 players against A.I. opponents through Bot matches, but even playing with other players I'm doing much better. Sticking near teammates when possible, controlling my fire to short bursts and trying to aim more from the hip rather than zooming in, and learning the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon are all helping drastically.

I never really enjoyed Halo multiplayer before, but I'm really getting addicted to this one.

Oh, and hey...I've only had one player rapidly slam his sweaty crotch into my corpse's face one time so far! Not bad! :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

9f5.gif

Top Bottom