• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Flintty

Jesus, why so mad it's just fucking skins, who buys this shit? I certainly don't.
I was quite surprised how many of my friends bought the premium pass bundle and paint jobs/armour. I spent the minimum on the pass so I can unlock shit that I want and that’s it.

But don’t think for a second MS aren’t gonna make a killing from this. They probably already are and it’s barebones!

Pedro Motta

I'm really enjoying the game, but the leveling up process it's such a slog... bought battle pass and it's still a slog. Then I noticed the pay to level up faster button....right.

This shit doesn't look good, hope they change it.

Also, 3 days in I'm getting a bit bored of the maps. Always the same.

Hi guys. Does this game have some sort of hidden elo system for non ranked? Or is it mostly just random who you play with/against
Quick play is usually bullshit for me. It feels massively uneven for me when playing there.

Having a great time with the game now I reduced all the dead zone bullshit in the controls. Ranked playlists are where it’s at!

I'm really enjoying the game, but the leveling up process it's such a slog... bought battle pass and it's still a slog. Then I noticed the pay to level up faster button....right.

This shit doesn't look good, hope they change it.

Also, 3 days in I'm getting a bit bored of the maps. Always the same.
Looking at feedback on the internet, the leveling up/unlocking seems to be the #1 issue people have with the game. I'm positive they're gonna change something about it.

SCB3

I was quite surprised how many of my friends bought the premium pass bundle and paint jobs/armour. I spent the minimum on the pass so I can unlock shit that I want and that’s it.

But don’t think for a second MS aren’t gonna make a killing from this. They probably already are and it’s barebones!
It also plays really well, its put me off BF2042 and CoD this year

carlosrox

Banned
So how many modes/maps are there?

Is there a way to party/squad with friends?

I downloaded it off Steam (Very impressive small file size! How did they do it?!) and look forward to trying it with my bro and a buddy in the coming days.

Last edited:

Concern

Been doing pretty good but haven't had much time to play. Only like 4 hours clocked in so far.

With that said, I was in a party the other day andap friend invited another friend of his who just happened to be diamond ranked and.... lets just say it didn't go so well lol.

Progression is still annoying af. I called this during the flights.

After having played around 10 hours or so, I still can't understand how unlocking things work, I've already unlocked a couple of cosmetics for that Mark v armor but to unlock the Mark v armor itself I have to pay for the battle pass? Is that how it works ? Same thing for the reach armors? If so...holy shit.
I mean it's free to play but still, Gears 5 does it right at least, you can unlock stuff by playing but you still got presented with the option to buy stuff from the store if you don't want to "grind".
Also : I always hated mixed playlists, I don't want to play oddball, I don't want to play capture the flag, just some good old deathmatch, will that be possible in future updates ?
Cheers

Data Ghost

I changed my controls and sensitivity around a bit, as well as expanding the field of view...and I started doing MUCH better. I highly prefer team games of 4 players against A.I. opponents through Bot matches, but even playing with other players I'm doing much better. Sticking near teammates when possible, controlling my fire to short bursts and trying to aim more from the hip rather than zooming in, and learning the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon are all helping drastically.

I never really enjoyed Halo multiplayer before, but I'm really getting addicted to this one.

Oh, and hey...I've only had one player rapidly slam his sweaty crotch into my corpse's face one time so far! Not bad! :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

9f5.gif
Its not Halo until I have been absolutely destroyed and tea bagged into oblivion :)

Kssio_Aug

Playing with Bots seems a good way to train and learn the maps! At least on Arena. I imagine that since BTB relies a lot on vehicles, it might not be a good mode for AI as they don't use them yet.

Sony

Nintendo
Oke, I noticed that my aiming was a bit off also due to the input lag on my TV. I switched to monitor and even though the aiming is not perfect, I've found setting that I can get used to. It plays really well!
The movement in this game is so solid and feels sooo good. I've been playing bot practice mostly so far to practice my aim and get acquanted with the weapons. Man, the grappling hook feels soooo good and makes movement so satisfying. I'm kinda bummed it's a pickup and not standard equipment.

My suggestion to improve mp/gameplay:
- The booster is a bit static. The movement after a boost is limited, I wish it would behave a bit more like Halo 5 poost
- I miss the float while scoped, like in Halo 5. I really liked that feature.

This game feels so good man.

SteadyEvo

A proper progression system is keeping me from playing the game
Battle pass will solve that

Someone mentioned stealthy movement in response to me getting shot from behind and complaining about the minimap being ineffective. Outside of running revealing my local I’m not sure what I’m missing. Gonna crouch and entire match next time I’m on 😆

I've already seen so many of the eSports team skins, there's no doubt that MS are going to make some serious bank with this game.

Flintty

Don’t get this statement. What’s the difference paying $60 for a game vs $60 battle/seasonpass on a f2p? Seems to even out in the end.
Sorry, what I meant was that people like me are picky over what games I drop money on for MTX. If it’s a poor game I won’t do it.

Kids however probably know no different. They get sucked into shitty games like Fortnite because their friends play it. One friend might have a cool skin so another will buy something else that’s cool with their pocket money so they don’t look plain in comparison. The kids have no idea that mechanically, Apex is a better game but they’ll cobri ur to live in their fishbowl playing a poorly made game (IMO), splurging pocket money on the latest skins and battle passes.

Sinething I will praise FN for though is maintaining player engagement. Live events changing the game world and stuff. That’s some good shit.

Disclaimer, I played one game (maybe two) of FN and immediately uninstalled so have limited first hand experience.

Pedro Motta

The maps and the objectives... It's super annoying to play CTF with people that just play it for the kills instead of the objective. You need to be able to properly communicate in this game for a strategic advantage
Yup this too, losing games because a team is super uncoordinated is frustrating as hell. They should add at least a quick chat menu.

SCB3

I've already seen so many of the eSports team skins, there's no doubt that MS are going to make some serious bank with this game.
Really? I've barely seen any, I will say though some of them are really nice and its kinda cool you can use them without any branding on them, so if you just wanted say Black and Gold, at least you can do that,

dem

I never really played Halo before.. but I'm having fun with the multiplayer.
I will say.. it feels like the content is a bit lacking though. Especially after a year delay.

Also.. charging for simple shit like Armor color and the most basic bitch armor changes?
Its pretty gross. You can't give me like... 3 basic different armors? Really?

Save the money for the outlandish armor.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

4v4 spawns are disgusting. Like CoD levels of garbage. Is it that hard to spawn opposition on the other side of the map? I’m routinely shot and melee’d in the back. Super annoying

Banned
4v4 spawns are disgusting. Like CoD levels of garbage. Is it that hard to spawn opposition on the other side of the map? I’m routinely shot and melee’d in the back. Super annoying

the maps are pretty small at times, so spawning you somewhere where noone can see you or get to you within 1 second is really hard.

the only way to do this better is either have 100% fixed spawn areas for each team that are inaccessible to the enemy team or to simply have way bigger maps

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I'm playing on PC but this might be the first FPS that I play better on controller. Outside of sniping, M/K doesn't really seem to give you an advantage.

Banned
I'm playing on PC but this might be the first FPS that I play better on controller. Outside of sniping, M/K doesn't really seem to give you an advantage.

the crazy aim assist means that mouse is not viable at high levels. the gun you will feel it the most with is the SIdekick, on mouse the bloom will basically make it useless if you spam fire it, on controller on the other hand the bullet magnet and aim assist will make it so that those bullets that would miss on mouse due to the random bloom spread, will still hit on controller.

it is actually broken. it always was like this in Halo, but in the past mouse players weren't involved so it never was an issue. it now is a real issue and has been for a while in the Master Chief Collection.
in the test flights there was actually an option for Mouse Aim Assist (it didn't work tho as far as I know) which is now gone, so they clearly thought about implementing that to even out the playingfield

Last edited:
In 2021 you should have the option to play slayer if u only want to play slayer , this is absolutely unacceptable
I don't like playing ctf and hold the ball I know it's ftp but this is not acceptable tbh

Kssio_Aug

I love BTB with players that purposefully sabotage the objective in order to prolong the game so that a fucking Wraith tank spawns and they can complete their "Destroy 1 Enemy Wraith" weekly challenge!
Dog Smile GIF
Are you masochist?

Given the amount of rage and dissatisfaction you have been expressing ad eternum in every Halo Infinite thread, it seems pretty clear to me that you just don't like it a at all.

So why the fuck you keep playing and venting frustration for this long??

All I have read the last couple of days from you are negative Halo Infinite posts...

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Banned
Are you masochist?

Given the amount of rage and dissatisfaction you have been expressing ad eternum in every Halo Infinite thread, it seems pretty clear to me that you just don't like it a at all.

So why the fuck you keep playing and venting frustration for this long??

All I have read the last couple of days from you are negative Halo Infinite posts...

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

I like the gameplay, I like the maps, I like the artstyle...

I hate EVERYTHING else about it because it is objectively a step back in every fucking dimension and unlike others, I don't just sit there not saying anything because unlike others it seems, I actually want this to be successful. but go on the official reddit and look for the hundreds of threads ripping the game's monetisation apart and telling 343i how terrible the armor customization is...

343 made sure Halo is no longer at the top of the food-chain of shooters, and if they continue to do that for any longer it will some day mean the death of the franchise.

and I already see MANY issue coming to this game. the game is clearly extremely unfinished and if they don't add a shitload of content and don't fix the glaring issues, I expect most people to drop it faster than you can say 343 Industries sucks.

this is a highly competitive market with many options for players. if your game is not a good option they will drop it. look what happened to HyperScape, an initial hype with EVERY big streamer playing it... then the beta was over and the game dropped in viewership, dropped in player numbers and is now basically dead.
why? because outside of the decent gameplay idea (fast arena shooter like BR) there was not much else, it got old real fast.

and we already know Season 1 of Infinite will last 6 months... in these 6 Months almost no new content outside of event based skins and 1 or 2 modes will be released (that is at least the current plan)
with the fact that the content is already not even half of that of that launch version of Halo Reach, THAT IS BAD NEWS

Campaign launches without coop, a staple of the Halo franchise THAT EVERY GAME LAUNCHED WITH DAY 1... will come out SIX MONTHS after the campaign launches!

Forge, a mode that helped the longevity and the popularity of the multiplayer in past halo games WILL NOT LAUNCH FOR ANOTHER NINE FUCKING MONTHS!

this launch is nothing short of a fucking shameful display of what 343 is... a clearly incompetent development team that either lacks talent or leadership, maybe both, and that can't release a single product in a finished state even after an extremely long development time and 12 additional months of development due to a LAST MINUTE delay...

don't forget that last part... this game would have launched 12 months ago if it wasn't for the extreme backlash it got at E3. Imagine what game we would have gotten 12 months ago when it takes them another 9 months from now to have the game feature complete.

I hate EVERYTHING else about it because it is objectively a step back in every fucking dimension and unlike others, I don't just sit there not saying anything because unlike others it seems, I actually want this to be successful. but go on the official reddit and look for the hundreds of threads ripping the game's monetisation apart and telling 343i how terrible the armor customization is...

343 made sure Halo is no longer at the top of the food-chain of shooters, and if they continue to do that for any longer it will some day mean the death of the franchise.

and I already see MANY issue coming to this game. the game is clearly extremely unfinished and if they don't add a shitload of content and don't fix the glaring issues, I expect most people to drop it faster than you can say 343 Industries sucks.

this is a highly competitive market with many options for players. if your game is not a good option they will drop it. look what happened to HyperScape, an initial hype with EVERY big streamer playing it... then the beta was over and the game dropped in viewership, dropped in player numbers and is now basically dead.
why? because outside of the decent gameplay idea (fast arena shooter like BR) there was not much else, it got old real fast.

and we already know Season 1 of Infinite will last 6 months... in these 6 Months almost no new content outside of event based skins and 1 or 2 modes will be released (that is at least the current plan)
with the fact that the content is already not even half of that of that launch version of Halo Reach, THAT IS BAD NEWS

Campaign launches without coop, a staple of the Halo franchise THAT EVERY GAME LAUNCHED WITH DAY 1... will come out SIX MONTHS after the campaign launches!

Forge, a mode that helped the longevity and the popularity of the multiplayer in past halo games WILL NOT LAUNCH FOR ANOTHER NINE FUCKING MONTHS!

this launch is nothing short of a fucking shameful display of what 343 is... a clearly incompetent development team that either lacks talent or leadership, maybe both, and that can't release a single product in a finished state even after an extremely long development time and 12 additional months of development due to a LAST MINUTE delay...

don't forget that last part... this game would have launched 12 months ago if it wasn't for the extreme backlash it got at E3. Imagine what game we would have gotten 12 months ago when it takes them another 9 months from now to have the game feature complete.
giphy.gif

You're not even wrong, or at least not completely, but this game, just like every Halo bar 4/5 is gonna be around for a long time and will grow. I'm SUPREMELY disappointed that Co-op won't be available, but it'll come.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

This is the truth. The game has an amazing skeleton. It feels great to play, the very few maps we have are good fun*, and the art direction is an amazing step forward. It isn’t the prettiest game, not even close, but it has its own unique style and it goes all out with it. I really dig it.

(*When you aren’t being easily spawn killed on the smaller maps like Behemoth)

The problems though? They are problems every self-respecting fan of gaming and Halo (especially) should be screaming out to 343i and Microsoft.

The first problem is the most blatant. There is no content. We have less content than ever before and even the first Halo had more maps, customization options, and choices. If you want the same level of customization as even Halo 1 with basic things such as colors? Be prepared to spend a lot of money. You want to play on specific, common modes such as SWAT? Infestation? Or how about just Slayer matches? Too bad. They either don’t exist or heavily RNG Against you.

The second problem is only a problem if you cared about customization and that is the Battle Pass. The speed at which you level, the methods which you use to level, and the ”rewards” with in. It is endlessly padded out with Challenge Change tokens and things such as splitting shoulders into *two* separate rewards. The Weekly Challenges, your primary source of leveling also offers a unique/rare customization option that promotes FOMO and pushes players to grind out challenges or outright buy challenge change tokens if they are randomly given ones that are too difficult/situational. This is all by design. Its basic Skinner Box manipulation and its predatory.

The third problem is a problem for everyone, including those that don’t give a damn about customization. Games are ruined by folks going for challenges. It doesn’t just happen in unranked matches, but even up to the highest levels in Onyx, it has already been shown and reported people are ignoring these objectives to specifically focus on Challenges alongside…

KDR. The fourth problem is only a problem for those who care about Ranked. You are heavily weighted on your KDR and not your objective play. This leads to people ignoring objectives and creating every match to be Slayer matches. If you are heavily outmatched, you can often find yourself in an endless barrage of deaths as the opposing team refuses to win the match, instead grinding out kills. While previous games had people ignoring objectives, the current system *rewards* players for doing it, causing it to happen far more often.

You get less content over all. Even after a year with the planned release schedule, you still have less content than that of Halo 3. The launch of this MP has less content than even the first game. You have less options, less choices, and if you want to have the same wealth of content you need to spend three times the price that you would have had paid if it was made like any other Halo product.

Being “free” isn’t an excuse to be lazy, to put out a weaker product. Especially when other free products do more at launch and treat the player base with more respect In regards to their wallets and time. This also isn’t some Indie dev team. This is a flagship studio on a flagship franchise. We should expect more, and better, for Halo.

However, I am sure I will get called out, insulted, and dismissed by the typical fanboys and xbox console warriors who are so afraid of realizing that there are objectively awful design decisions in play here. The saddest thing is, these same people criticized other games for doing these exact things. But, just remember, it was OK when *they* did it because it wasn’t an exclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom